PDA

View Full Version : Plot hole size of the sun? (Major spoilers!!)

ritly113
12-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Oookay, in AC2, Ezio said that the templar ship set sailed to Cypress to recover the Apple that Altiar hid in the templar library from AC: Blood lines. HOWEVER, Revelations showed that Altiar had the apple all along and hidden it within Masayaf. Did I miss something here? Did Altiar hid his Apple in Cypress and the Templars found it and Ezio put it in the Colosseum temple? Where did the extra Apple come from?

WTW26
12-11-2011, 08:26 AM
I've been wondering about that, too. Maybe Altair had found another Apple; after all, he did have a map showing their locations.

Abeonis
12-11-2011, 08:43 AM
This is another example of Ubisoft destroying their own continuity (whilst claiming it had always been planned this way) to satisfy fans complaining about a minor comment Lucy made in the first game. That said, canonically, the Apple Ezio eventually took possession off is not the same Apple as was held by Altair; it just so happens that another Apple was brought to Venice by way of Cyprus (we have no way of knowing if Cyprus is where they found it, or simply a stop on their journey).

However, as seen in The Fall, it seems likely that the different Pieces of Eden communicate with one another on a undetectable level somewhat, so it is possible that the experiences(?) of one Apple might transpose onto another, allowing for the basic idea of a continuous line of use.

uniqplay
12-12-2011, 09:35 AM
hey guys if u noticed in one of altair's memories in AC:R altair said to his son: If they ask tell them i send it (the aple) to cypress or i drop it to the sea.....(Lies) So he always had it with him in his library..

WTW26
12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Yeah, but in AC2 the Templars do find an Apple on Cyprus.

RzaRecta357
12-12-2011, 02:35 PM
There is no plot hole.

Altair had his apple his entire life. He told his kid to say they hid it in Cyprus.

300 years later -- A long time. The templars who are ALWAYS looking for pieces of eden found one and brang it from Cyprus to Venice for Rodrigo. Ezio got it, stuck it in the vault. Desmond got that. Boom.

tdtdtdtd
12-13-2011, 11:32 AM
There WAS an apple hidden on Cyprus but it wasn't Altair's apple. There's no plot hole here.

restomaniac
12-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by ritly113:
Oookay, in AC2, Ezio said that the templar ship set sailed to Cypress to recover the Apple that Altiar hid in the templar library from AC: Blood lines. HOWEVER, Revelations showed that Altiar had the apple all along and hidden it within Masayaf. Did I miss something here? Did Altiar hid his Apple in Cypress and the Templars found it and Ezio put it in the Colosseum temple? Where did the extra Apple come from? Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia.
Page 57:- Apples Of Eden.

Notice that word is plural?

There is no plot hole you have just failed to understand.

ritly113
12-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Okay, what about this?

I have the answer now. I know the truth. I shall not touch that wretched thing again. Best that no one do, now or ever. I have tried - at last to destroy it, but it will neither bend nor break nor melt. Oh the irony I am certain if I asked, the Apple would tell me what need be done. But even this promise is insufficient. Always it holds one more gift to give. I must refrain. So it shall be sealed. We will take it to the island - once theirs, now ours. There is a treasury there hidden well - and it shall have to suffice. Risky to separate myself from the artifact that others may discover it. Riskier still to keep it close. In time I will be tempted. I am weak. We all are. Who wouldn't be? Oh, the things I have seen... The tale is here inside the text. Not between the lines but beneath them. Where only our eyes might peer. Go and see it for yourself. That you might succeed where I and the others have failed. Time marches on bringing with it new discoveries and developments. And so at least one day the doorway might be opened and the message delivered. They will have their prophet.
Location: Southeast of Dorsoduro District (Venice) That is from the Codex, and I don't think Altair would lie about that in a book containing Assassin secrets. Seems to me the most logical explanation is that Templars found one, brought it to Cypress for some reason, and then to Italy. This is a really clunky revelation to me.