PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Oleg: Idea for online and future competitions- spectator mode

GK.
04-08-2004, 02:28 PM
With this feature, other pilots could spectate someone even on servers without externals. Other games have this option and it is greatly appreciated by those trying to learn the game. I think it would be especially nice to have in il2 because it has such a steep learning curve.

My idea for spectator mode would be that the person spectating would join the "spectator team". He would then have the ability to see "through the eyes" of other pilots. (see what they see). Or he would have the option of viewing planes externally.

This feature would also be useful for competitions like the ICAS, because it would allow them to view the action easier and see it through the pilots perspective.

GK.
04-08-2004, 02:28 PM
With this feature, other pilots could spectate someone even on servers without externals. Other games have this option and it is greatly appreciated by those trying to learn the game. I think it would be especially nice to have in il2 because it has such a steep learning curve.

My idea for spectator mode would be that the person spectating would join the "spectator team". He would then have the ability to see "through the eyes" of other pilots. (see what they see). Or he would have the option of viewing planes externally.

This feature would also be useful for competitions like the ICAS, because it would allow them to view the action easier and see it through the pilots perspective.

VW-IceFire
04-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Sounds great...chat would be restricted to other spectators only (or the option to) so that in competitive games the spectator wouldn't be able to ruin the game by providing an extra set of eyes in places nobody should be able to see.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

609IAP_Recon
04-08-2004, 05:08 PM
this would be a great option - good for training, etc...

Options would need to include restricting to internal or external I think since we have comms
Salute!

JG50_Recon

----
http://www.thepassionofthechrist.com

ICeSpirit.lt
04-09-2004, 04:42 AM
The best way is to add one more difficulitie point "spectators mode". That is for those who want to cheat(as his friend to join there and use rw or other voice com) in important online tournamets or smth...

GK.
04-09-2004, 09:49 AM
oh please. Online competitions should be smart enough not to allow the spectator mode, if it is implemented. If you are worried about people cheating in a regular online dogfight room, my response is "who cares?". I think this is a good idea.