PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Patch...pls help

CdnSpits
10-30-2004, 12:00 PM
I downloaded and dropped the files of the new patch into my PF/IL2 main folder and my game isn't working properly now.

I had a USN campaign started and I can get to the F3f's sitting on the carrier but the game just freezes up on me now and tried starting a new IJN campaign and the map in the mission briefing screen wont show and when I hit fly the an mission loading error appears say mission null....Never had any of these problems before the patch...

Any reccommendations? I'm thinking I will do a system restore to a time before I had the patch..That's all I can think of..

BuzzU
10-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Tell us exactly what you did. There are no new patches, so I think you messed up.

Fennec_P
10-30-2004, 12:09 PM
A system restore won't affect the game, it is for windows settings only.

My suggestion would be to manually remove the files added by the patch. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to reinstall PF.

Mashie_Nibblick
10-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Are you referring to the DGEN Beta, perchance? I still can't help, I'm afraid, but I thought I might clarify things a bit.

CdnSpits
10-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Yes it's the Dgen beta patch I'm talking about...I/ve had nothing but problems since nstalling this stupid thing!!!

steve_v
10-30-2004, 03:28 PM
do a system restore. You cannot unzip.