PDA

View Full Version : Sound muffling & EAX2/3

MAVr_UA
01-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Hi.

Some peope (me and other at 1c IL2 forum) with good (Audigy2 ZS) sound cards and >=5.1 speakers observe problem with volume and timbre of sound at front center sound channel. Sound there is like muffled.

IMHO it is result of sound shadowing and muffling by engine and cockpit. But if player use some TrackIR like device (or mouse) to turn his head this muffling lefts at original position at front ceter channel.

If I force EAX1 at conf.ini this muffling effect disappears, but then I can hear sounds of battle at 1-2 kilomiters distance wich is interesing, but not right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Is it possible to rotate audio model with head rotation or at least decrease muffling in center channel? It make sound very unrealistic when as example engine or guns sound moves from center speaker to left or right.

I have hardware acceleration On, number of speakers set to default (6.1 speaker set configured in windows and drivers), 8 channel mixing, 22050Hz.
Now I have 4.02m version, but this bug exeists all the time I can recall.

MAVr_UA
01-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Hi.

Some peope (me and other at 1c IL2 forum) with good (Audigy2 ZS) sound cards and >=5.1 speakers observe problem with volume and timbre of sound at front center sound channel. Sound there is like muffled.

IMHO it is result of sound shadowing and muffling by engine and cockpit. But if player use some TrackIR like device (or mouse) to turn his head this muffling lefts at original position at front ceter channel.

If I force EAX1 at conf.ini this muffling effect disappears, but then I can hear sounds of battle at 1-2 kilomiters distance wich is interesing, but not right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Is it possible to rotate audio model with head rotation or at least decrease muffling in center channel? It make sound very unrealistic when as example engine or guns sound moves from center speaker to left or right.

I have hardware acceleration On, number of speakers set to default (6.1 speaker set configured in windows and drivers), 8 channel mixing, 22050Hz.
Now I have 4.02m version, but this bug exeists all the time I can recall.