PDA

View Full Version : Kinda New to Silent Hunter 3

Kampfstaffel
11-08-2010, 10:46 AM
this is my first post here, I just got SH3 a few months ago. i was getting fustrated with it and i found a MILLION mods online looking for help. so i seen this forum and i noticed there is alot of help here. i have played career up to 13 missions but i wanted the gwx mod which im trying my 3rd time to install. deleted everything but my save files that i have moved, and starting with a clean copy. i hope it works

Kampfstaffel
11-08-2010, 10:46 AM
this is my first post here, I just got SH3 a few months ago. i was getting fustrated with it and i found a MILLION mods online looking for help. so i seen this forum and i noticed there is alot of help here. i have played career up to 13 missions but i wanted the gwx mod which im trying my 3rd time to install. deleted everything but my save files that i have moved, and starting with a clean copy. i hope it works

Kampfstaffel
11-08-2010, 11:14 AM
*sigh* again i cant get GWX 3.0 to work. this is the two warning messages that come up when the main screen is loading.

There is a new (not implemented) page: <page ingame options>!

Menu ID not found: 0x1a000008!

can anyone help me with this?

Mittelwaechter
11-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Hi Kampfstaffel, welcome aboard.

You can't reload a stock savegame in GWX, they are incompatible. You'll have to start a new career.

Kampfstaffel
11-08-2010, 11:47 AM
i kinda had a feeling that was going to happen and im not heartbroken about that. i know i could do better the second go around with understanding of the game now.

right now trying to install it all over again... deleted from program files everything from sh3, commander and saved files all gone... i hope it works this time.

salty_monkey
11-08-2010, 12:42 PM
I gave up a good start to my career before finding this forum and installing GWX, I kind of regretted it, but beleive me you will not regret it for long, the enhancments and extra features more than make up for it.

Install Commander as well for more control over your crew and detailed logs which include ship names and cargos they were carrying when you sunk them.

Kampfstaffel
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
i cant even get GWX to install... i have uninstalled EVERYTHING... installed it all over again and again and AGAIN! still getting those messages and then the game crashes... i dont know what else to do... i have read over forum pages like 100 times.... the whole game installed is a fresh copy with NO mods, commander is gone, save files gone, anything to do with SH3 was deleted before installing GWX 3.0 gold. but yet it gets to the loading screen the bar fills up after 10 seconds i get the first warning, i hit ok, 10 seconds later i get the second warning and it crashes... AHHHHH!

salty_monkey
11-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Did you patch SH to version 1.4?

What are your system specifications and where are you trying to install GWX into? Not sure if it makes a difference.

Kampfstaffel
11-08-2010, 01:16 PM
the patch question gets me... when i do properties of the exe file it says v1.0... so i try and patch to 1.4b (understanding the whole typo thing) and i get the error of the wrong txt file... so then i have read in forums that its already patched when you do that, and other saying its the wrong patch (i have tried them all).

as far as system requirements, the SH3 program that comes with it says i meet all the system requirements to play the game... but..

128mb ati vid card
Intel t2040 @ 1.6 GHz
1 gig ram

Mittelwaechter
11-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Ok - let's try to get things sorted.

What is your operating system?

Your game isn't patched as far as I see. You'll have to patch it before you install GWX.
Use the correct patch version, where do you live?

You're specs are good for SH3 but low for GWX. Any chance to get more RAM? It's very cheap these days.

Just answer the questions before we proceed you though your next installation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Kampfstaffel
11-08-2010, 04:24 PM
currently im using win xp sp3.

Kampfstaffel
11-08-2010, 06:55 PM
good news! i got it to work now with gwx! long story but it was the version was not updated...

bad news! when i play i get really bad glitches going on... and i cant see anything going on and it flashes around with letters, logos, and the instruments too... heres the screen shot. wtf is this all about?

glitch (http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/Kampfstaffel/sh3/glitch.jpg)

Mittelwaechter
11-09-2010, 03:45 AM
It may be a driver problem - update your graphics driver.

It may be your lack of RAM either. How about installing more RAM?

Kampfstaffel
11-09-2010, 11:02 AM
hmm the driver for the video card is up to date, lol not to long ago redid the whole system (format) but im starting to think your right with the ram, it doesnt do it as much as it used to, but when i get it up to the high time compression it starts to flicker, also last night on my 3rd patrol i couldnt get it past 16 on time compression, where as the first 2 mission i had it maxed out just fine....but then again there where not that many ships on the surface. i presume that gwx needs more requirements? *sigh*