PDA

View Full Version : For those who believe the Gamescom Memory is the first mission..

dewgel
10-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey, I know it's been discussed so many times and argued that the game will kick off straight away with Ezio in Masyaf (without any concrete evidence)

It's just occured to me that if that's the first mission, how come Ezio has the use of all bombs and bomb crafting etc? I'm sure before going to Masyaf he would've learnt about all this from Yusuf / Acre.

I know there's a little bit more (a carriage chase) before that mission shown at Gamescom, but I don't think that's the start. I'd probably say that's near the start, but definitely not THE start.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 02:56 PM
You're right, it's probably not the first memory, but It's very likely the first sequence. The start is more likely about the events in the E3 trailer, or shortly after.

itsamea-mario
10-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't think he goes to constantinople before masayaf.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Yeah, me neither. The bombs might not even be in the actual memory, but were just put there so that it could be shown off in the demo.

dewgel
10-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Yeah, me neither. The bombs might not even be in the actual memory, but were just put there so that it could be shown off in the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds more likely. Just found it a bit bizzare how he had the use of bombs so early in the game. Saying that, one of the guards has one too, that blows Ezio's carriage up.

Unless it's something he picks up in Acre, before reaching Masyaf?

LightRey
10-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Yeah, me neither. The bombs might not even be in the actual memory, but were just put there so that it could be shown off in the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds more likely. Just found it a bit bizzare how he had the use of bombs so early in the game. Saying that, one of the guards has one too, that blows Ezio's carriage up.

Unless it's something he picks up in Acre, before reaching Masyaf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well the guards having bombs wouldn't really matter, since that would have no influence on whether Ezio could make them yet, but I guess he could have picked some up in Acre.

dewgel
10-02-2011, 03:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Unless it's something he picks up in Acre, before reaching Masyaf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well the guards having bombs wouldn't really matter, since that would have no influence on whether Ezio could make them yet, but I guess he could have picked some up in Acre. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, either way, not long till we find out properly. I'm rather excited for it.

For discussions sake, I'm hoping that memory really isn't as early as people think though, otherwise that throws out all other ideas of seeing any of Rome / Florence / Villa, which I'd really like to see. (Would make sense to see one of those, seeing as Ezio has to find the letter his father wrote)

Sarari
10-02-2011, 03:26 PM
So do you get to play as Ezio in Acre?

LightRey
10-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Well, either way, not long till we find out properly. I'm rather excited for it.

For discussions sake, I'm hoping that memory really isn't as early as people think though, otherwise that throws out all other ideas of seeing any of Rome / Florence / Villa, which I'd really like to see. (Would make sense to see one of those, seeing as Ezio has to find the letter his father wrote)
Well there was a leaked screenshot showing what appeared to be somewhere in Venice, so we might see some bits of Italy in Christina-like missions or something.

dewgel
10-02-2011, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

Well there was a leaked screenshot showing what appeared to be somewhere in Venice, so we might see some bits of Italy in Christina-like missions or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the one showing the double weapon wheel, but Ezio wearing his white robes?

Those shots were from a really early build of the game, so there's a chance they were just showing off the new wheel and testing new combat, but yeah there's hope somewhere.

eagleforlife1
10-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Alex Amancio has already said that it's about an hour into the game.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 03:50 PM

Well there was a leaked screenshot showing what appeared to be somewhere in Venice, so we might see some bits of Italy in Christina-like missions or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the one showing the double weapon wheel, but Ezio wearing his white robes?

Those shots were from a really early build of the game, so there's a chance they were just showing off the new wheel and testing new combat, but yeah there's hope somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmm, that's true. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

PirateRob
10-02-2011, 03:56 PM

not seen that screenshot would be cool if you had a link perhaps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i believe like others have said the bombs etc were included to show off new features and its not the beginning of the game anyway i'd like to see where ezio acquires his new robes from near the beginning at least before heading to masyaf

LightRey
10-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by PirateRob:

not seen that screenshot would be cool if you had a link perhaps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i believe like others have said the bombs etc were included to show off new features and its not the beginning of the game anyway i'd like to see where ezio acquires his new robes from near the beginning at least before heading to masyaf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There was a thread a little while back, but since it was a leak I think it was removed. It should be floating around the net though, so you might be able to find it after a few google searches.

eagleforlife1
10-02-2011, 04:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PirateRob:

i believe like others have said the bombs etc were included to show off new features and its not the beginning of the game anyway i'd like to see where ezio acquires his new robes from near the beginning at least before heading to masyaf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There was a thread a little while back, but since it was a leak I think it was removed. It should be floating around the net though, so you might be able to find it after a few google searches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I hadn't seen it either. I've had a brief search on google and can't find it anywhere.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
Really? I hadn't seen it either. I've had a brief search on google and can't find it anywhere.
I can't find them either. Looks like finding them'll be a little harder than a few minutes of googling.

BK-110
10-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Makes sense that it wouldn't be the first mission. I'd say that one of the first memories is the one shown in the E3 CG trailer, after which Ezio finds that he needs to go to Constantinople for the seals. He probably returns to Masyaf again at a later time to get Leandros' seal..

EzioAssassin51
10-02-2011, 05:59 PM
I have no idea what the first memory is but i guarantee it won't be the CG trailer and I guarantee it won't even be a memory. I'm going to guess there will be a mission or two before Ezio goes to Masayaf then a mission of Ezio arriving at Masayaf and then a mission of him sneaking into it, kind of like shown with the Screenshot of Ezio looking at the castle.

Maybe Leandros starts to run after he sees Ezio, thinking he's come to kill him. Maybe Ezio tries to capture him to question him and then Leandros starts to run and you have to run through the castle then leap onto a carriage and then the carriage chase begins.

BK-110
10-02-2011, 07:05 PM
So... How exactly can you guarantee that?

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Ezio learns bomb making from Piri Reis.

naran6142
10-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I have no idea what the first memory is but i guarantee it won't be the CG trailer and I guarantee it won't even be a memory. I'm going to guess there will be a mission or two before Ezio goes to Masayaf then a mission of Ezio arriving at Masayaf and then a mission of him sneaking into it, kind of like shown with the Screenshot of Ezio looking at the castle.

Maybe Leandros starts to run after he sees Ezio, thinking he's come to kill him. Maybe Ezio tries to capture him to question him and then Leandros starts to run and you have to run through the castle then leap onto a carriage and then the carriage chase begins.

how can it not be a memory?

and im thinking that we will see ezio get captured at the beginning of the game. reason im thinking that is because the hidden blade has to get broken and we will probably lose all our equipment at the beginning of the game like the others

that probably wont be the exact beginning but i bet it will be similar to the E3 trailer

eagleforlife1
10-03-2011, 03:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I can't find them either. Looks like finding them'll be a little harder than a few minutes of googling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know whether it was just a multiplayer screenshot or was Ezio in it? If it was multiplayer I'm not bothered to be honest.

EzioAssassin51
10-03-2011, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by BK-110:

Because, ask yourself, has there ever been an Assassin's Creed Mission that is similar or exaclty like the CG Trailers, like you guys are suggesting there will be in ACR?

LightRey
10-03-2011, 04:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I can't find them either. Looks like finding them'll be a little harder than a few minutes of googling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know whether it was just a multiplayer screenshot or was Ezio in it? If it was multiplayer I'm not bothered to be honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh it was single player. Ezio was in it in his AC2 robes.

TorQue1988
10-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Damn i've never seen that screenshot...could you describe it?
I also wonder if Rhodes will be an multiplayer only location...i hope that's not the case,and we can visit Rhodes in a mission like the DaVinci Machines missions or assassin tombs...it would be cool to have something about the Knights Hospitallers in the singleplayer story.

catkiller97
10-03-2011, 07:09 AM
The screenshot is here you can see - Ezio in Venice,Ezio in ACII Robes,the enemy Brute look from ACII and we can carry both heavy weapon and the sword.
You can set Specific classes for you assassins like heavy class crossbow class they can now even carry double blade and when you capture a den you can set your assassins above the buildings and give them specific weapons like crossbow or bombs or gun etc.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1081/18572733.jpg

I have all the leaked images if you want than I will upload them in photo sharing site?

Toxotes47
10-03-2011, 07:17 AM
There was a venice gameplay video for AC2 as well and it deviated from the original sequence in lots of ways. Anyways I am excited about playing in venice again if its possible.

TorQue1988
10-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Wow this is awesome,but i think that is a dagger not a sword... Upload the other pics on imageshack if you can please...thanx. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

EDIT:You're right that is the sword,because the dagger icon is pointing downwards,but i don't see any daggers or throwing knives in this pic,but probaly that's the reason for the empty slots http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

catkiller97
10-03-2011, 07:39 AM
It is uploaded Go Check (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/58094472.jpg/),Use next button to see others images,if next button doesn't appears than refresh(F5)the page again.

TorQue1988
10-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Thank you very much http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Toxotes47
10-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by catkiller97:
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/catkiller97

It will be up after 2 min..

Its not working for me. I keep seeing that frog.

eagleforlife1
10-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Oh, I'd already seen that.

catkiller97
10-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Taxotes319:

I edited the earlier post see my earlier post again.

TorQue1988
10-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Very nice pics...i love the morale points feature for the dens; but i wonder if we will have Romulus Lairs again because they have the same icon on the map.

catkiller97
10-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by TorQue1988:
Very nice pics...i love the morale points feature for the dens; but i wonder if we will have Romulus Lairs again because they have the same icon on the map.
No,these pic are from build version on the game.

Toxotes47
10-03-2011, 08:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taxotes319:

I edited the earlier post see my earlier post again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

BK-110
10-03-2011, 08:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:

Because, ask yourself, has there ever been an Assassin's Creed Mission that is similar or exaclty like the CG Trailers, like you guys are suggesting there will be in ACR? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cannot remember when or where, but I'm pretty sure that I remember one of the developers saying that what happens in the CG trailer is going to be in the game, with some alterations, if I remember correctly. Also, you can see Ezio falling from Masyaf castle in the Gamescom gameplay trailer, although he crashes through some wooden platforms in that one.

del140904084401
10-03-2011, 10:12 AM
I believe it will start out in roma travel to venice then to arce from acre to masyaf from unable to open the the library we travel to turkey to get the keys then back to masyaf

PirateRob
10-03-2011, 10:20 AM
those leaked images are cool wonder why ezio is in his ac2 robes again :s

eagleforlife1
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by PirateRob:

I think it is a very early screenshot of a build for Revelations and they just used AC2 as the base to practice things like the bomb system.

TorQue1988
10-03-2011, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PirateRob:

I think it is a very early screenshot of a build for Revelations and they just used AC2 as the base to practice things like the bomb system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope you are wrong,and we can visit Venice again and wear the robes from AC2.

eagleforlife1
10-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by TorQue1988:

I think it is a very early screenshot of a build for Revelations and they just used AC2 as the base to practice things like the bomb system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I hope you are wrong,and we can visit Venice again and wear the robes from AC2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope so too.

dewgel
10-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm not really bothered if we don't go back to Venice, because.. let's face it, you could just pop the ACII disc in and go to Venice there instead.

All I want is for the first memory to start at least round about after Brotherhood, so that we see where Ezio got those cool robes from, where he learnt his bomb crafting (if the Gamescom was just for showing off purposes) etc etc..

catkiller97
10-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Should I delete my uploads of pics because I will get banned in forum.

Edit - pics won't be deleted. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

dewgel
10-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Should I delete my uploads of pic because I will get banned in forum.

Not sure, I wouldn't have said you would get banned without prior warning, you're only sharing what someone else had leaked, I don't see how that's you breaking the rules.

itsamea-mario
10-03-2011, 12:19 PM
My god! Imageshack for mobile us horrendous, all I get is that picture of the bomb.

EzioAssassin51
10-06-2011, 05:49 PM
In case you guys didn't see this video on making bombs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ckFMqI&feature=feedu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r31VEckFMqI&feature=feedu)

I have a feeling that that is proof the Gamescon Memory is a while into the game, and that Ezio goes to Constantinople first, that is keeping the idea that he has the bombs in the Gamescon memory

LightRey
10-06-2011, 05:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ckFMqI&feature=feedu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r31VEckFMqI&feature=feedu)

I have a feeling that that is proof the Gamescon Memory is a while into the game, and that Ezio goes to Constantinople first, that is keeping the idea that he has the bombs in the Gamescon memory
Hadn't it already been confirmed that the carriage chase is from Masyaf to the village (Hama), after Ezio's failed execution?

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't think we'll be able to actually have bombs in that mission... why? Ezio doesn't find out about bomb making until he gets to Constantinople and learns from Piri Reis. And they also confirmed that seeing that guard throw a bomb at your cart is when you are first introduced to bombs.

EzioAssassin51
10-06-2011, 06:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

Hadn't it already been confirmed that the carriage chase is from Masyaf to the village (Hama), after Ezio's failed execution? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, what's that got to do with my post? I said the video might be proof he goes to Constantinople before Masayaf, since he has the bombs in the Carriage Chase mission...

LightRey
10-06-2011, 06:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

Hadn't it already been confirmed that the carriage chase is from Masyaf to the village (Hama), after Ezio's failed execution? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, what's that got to do with my post? I said the video might be proof he goes to Constantinople before Masayaf, since he has the bombs in the Carriage Chase mission... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
but then the E3 trailer would be a while into the game as well. Not to mention there was no reason for Ezio to go to Constantinople before Masyaf, so I don't see your point.

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 06:10 PM

Wait, what's that got to do with my post? I said the video might be proof he goes to Constantinople before Masayaf, since he has the bombs in the Carriage Chase mission... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I honestly think those bombs and the renovated bomb shack were just for the demo, because they said that the bomb the guard throws is our first introduction to bombs in any way.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

I honestly think those bombs and the renovated bomb shack were just for the demo, because they said that the bomb the guard throws is our first introduction to bombs in any way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah. Besides, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that the demo takes place quite early in the game.

EzioAssassin51
10-06-2011, 06:13 PM

but then the trailer would be a while in the game. Not to mention there was no reason for Ezio to go to Constantinople before Masyaf, so I don't see your point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it could only take the hour into the game (the devs said the gamescon mission was an hour in) for Ezio to go to Constantinople, get the bombs and then go.

But I agree it's probably not since it would take more than an hour to do that.

Besides, if you read my post right I said it might be proof, keeping the idea that Ezio does have the bombs in the Leandros Assassination. He might not, they might have implemented the bombs to show them off

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Also, I'm not quite sure if the small town is Hama anymore. Because Darby said that the small town is outside of Masyaf on the outskirts. Unless the outskirts of Masyaf are really big, Hama is too far away to be part of them I think...

LightRey
10-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Well it could only take the hour into the game (the devs said the gamescon mission was an hour in) for Ezio to go to Constantinople, get the bombs and then go.

But I agree it's probably not since it would take more than an hour to do that.

Besides, if you read my post right I said it might be proof, keeping the idea that Ezio does have the bombs in the Leandros Assassination. He might not, they might have implemented the bombs to show them off
How exactly "might" something be proof? It's either proof (i.e. definitively showing that something is true or not) or it isn't. Saying something might be proof is like saying something might be doubtful.

Calvarok
10-06-2011, 06:30 PM
That new video looked like Ezio's introduction to the systems of Constantinople, not just bombs. And since it's the second video in a series that started with the hookblade, and we know Ezio doesn't have the hookblade during the Gamsecom mission, I thin kit's a safe bet that we just don't have bombs during the gamescom mission.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
That new video looked like Ezio's introduction to the systems of Constantinople, not just bombs. And since it's the second video in a series that started with the hookblade, and we know Ezio doesn't have the hookblade during the Gamsecom mission, I thin kit's a safe bet that we just don't have bombs during the gamescom mission.
Very good point.

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Mhm.

But I thought Ezio learned about the bombs from Piri Reis. Maybe he's the one that teaches Ezio about how to build the bomb more in depth, instead of the general overview that Yusuf gives him.

I also think that Piri Reis may be our Leonardo of Constantinople.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Mhm.

But I thought Ezio learned about the bombs from Piri Reis. Maybe he's the one that teaches Ezio about how to build the bomb more in depth, instead of the general overview that Yusuf gives him.

I also think that Piri Reis may be our Leonardo of Constantinople.
The thing is, the only sources I've ever heard say that he learns how to use the bombs from Piri Reis are other forum members, so I'm not really trusting that fact until I see a little evidence of that.

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I think it was mentioned in what we saw of the Encyclopedia in the trailer.

I read it on the wiki, so it probably has a source. I'll go check.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 06:55 PM

Well if it was I don't remember and I'm pretty sure I read every visible bit of text in that video. If there was something about it it was probably implied at best.

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 07:07 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Piri_Reis

There is an Encyclopedia video as the source. I do know that Piri Reis plays a significant role in he game since it was mentioned in Esco's interview with Darby (he wasn't mentioned by name, but as someone who we stole from but is also a Master Assassin in Revelations).

eagleforlife1
10-07-2011, 05:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Well if it was I don't remember and I'm pretty sure I read every visible bit of text in that video. If there was something about it it was probably implied at best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was definitely in the Enyclopaedia video because I read it as well.

MeSkate
10-07-2011, 07:04 AM
they said that we shoudln't watch embers or read the ecyclopeadia because of too many spoilers

LightRey
10-07-2011, 07:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

Well if it was I don't remember and I'm pretty sure I read every visible bit of text in that video. If there was something about it it was probably implied at best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was definitely in the Enyclopaedia video because I read it as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I watched through the encyclopedia video and there isn't even a visible entry for Piri Reis, so if there's something about him anywhere in the video, it's in an entry about something or someone else, so which one is it then?

twenty_glyphs
10-07-2011, 10:14 AM
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8872/pirireis.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/pirireis.jpg/)

Piri Reis was in the same shot with Shao Jun, but part of it was cut off.

I'm starting to think that the Gamescom demo is a mission that doesn't really have bombs in the final game too. The strange thing about that to me is how Ezio is supposed to sneak through the village without the ability to use bombs to distract guards that are in his way or the ability to climb, but we'll see.

Ezio definitely goes to Masyaf first. His whole quest starts when he learns about something hidden below Masyaf in a letter from his father to his uncle Mario. So he heads to Masyaf first, and when he gets there he finds out whatever is there is locked with the seals. At some point he must find Niccolo Polo's journal, maybe by recovering it from Leandros or one of his men. That journal is the book The Secret Crusade (minus the prologue and epilogue that mention Ezio), and is read by Ezio. That book then leads him to Constantinople, where Niccolo specifically says he hid the five seals. So Ezio would have no clue there was anything important in Constantinople until after he first gets to Masyaf, encounters the Templars and finds Niccolo Polo's journal.

LightRey
10-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8872/pirireis.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/pirireis.jpg/)

It was in the same shot with Shao Jun, but part of it was cut off.
Lol, seems I was wrong.

Though, from what I can read from this it's not so much that Ezio necessarily learns how to craft bombs from him, but rather that he learns how to do so more creatively.

twenty_glyphs
10-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Though, from what I can read from this it's not so much that Ezio necessarily learns how to craft bombs from him, but rather that he learns how to do so more creatively.

That's how I read that too. It now seems like Yusuf first teaches Ezio about making bombs and that Piri Reis teaches Ezio advanced bomb crafting skills as the game progresses.