PDA

View Full Version : a discussion on GSpot about the AI , OMG !!! LOOK !!!

KillerKahuna
11-13-2007, 01:52 PM
ok no jokes, here ya go, it's about the AI!! A Belgian dude found out about the difficulty setting on AC for the PS3 version which makes the AI a LOT better (Xbox360 still unknown)

Gamespot Forums: The AI is GOOD on the high difficulty se ... (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/assassinscreed/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-39514738&pid=930022)

OH AND WHAT DOES TC MEAN?really wanna know makes me go , huh ? when I read the comments , I myself don't have an account on gamespot but I do go and look on the forums sometimes and I stumbled upon it between all the other discussions those guys were posting

EDIT !: so apperantly people say it's BS so I'm starting to doubt this guy dunno though this would have been awesome but let's hope it's true

b-busher
11-13-2007, 01:54 PM
I thought their was no choosing of difficulty level.

AirRon_2K7
11-13-2007, 01:54 PM
TC usually means Take care, but since I'm not reading the topic at this moment, I can't say what it means in context.

BUT, on reading it, I think it means 'topic creator' . . .

It will be amazingly cool if you CAN change difficulty, but I doubt you can.

zarbk
11-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I know on the xbox dashboard you can choose the default difficulty for games..and it would let you choose 'Hard' in the Bioshock demo when only easy and medium were unlocked on the menu.

So if AC has hard difficulty..oh lawd...I'll be in more heaven.

b-busher
11-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I think this is the reason gamespot havent their review out cause they have noticed this.

Aphelion7
11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Any word on if this is BS or not? I thought they said they weren't going to have "difficulty levels"?!

KillerKahuna
11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by b-busher:
I think this is the reason gamespot havent their review out cause they have noticed this.

Dude just my thoughts I was think what they were doing but then it came on my mind about this guys post and I just saw your comment , wow that's a coinscidance

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm calling this a lie until proven otherwise by Gamespot's review or a picture from him that shows the option to change the difficulty.

Aphelion7
11-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Any updates?

Fastr77
11-14-2007, 09:11 AM
I'll let you know after i get the game tonight, haha, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif How do you change the difficulty from the xbox menu? i've never noticed that before.

Asdans_Assassin
11-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Im getting the game tommorow on 360 so will be able to say whether its true, but it would be useful if any lucky people that got it already could clarify.

Aphelion7
11-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Woot! Gamestop has them in stock... but I have to go to the doctors today for them to change my bandages and scrub a dub dub my wounds (yay, pain!)... fraking dirt bike lol... so after my very inhumane torture session (albeit my own fault http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif) I'll pickup assassin's creed and let YOU guys know, lol!

Seragath
11-14-2007, 10:48 AM
that is awesome! now the game will get 12/10 everywhere http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif...now where was that guy who said he would give it a 12.5/10 if the AI wasnt so stupid http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Edit* argh ****..i just found out that he was lieing ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Astalder
11-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Exassassin:
I'm calling this a lie until proven otherwise by Gamespot's review or a picture from him that shows the option to change the difficulty.

See, here's the problem, you didn't even read what he said. The guy never said there was an option to change the in game difficulty. If you're using a PS3 this topic is beyond you, but the Xbox 360 allows you to set a default difficulty level for your profile. What this fella is saying that the game was shipped with different AI variants on the disc, even though only one was meant to be used, and that you may or may not be getting the right AI depending on what your 360's default difficulty level is.

It's like if you go to a website but your cookies aren't able to update, you might be looking at the wrong thing. It's not that there's an option on the website to make it look that way, it's that there's two cookies to choose from and your browser isn't using the right one.

I hope that's a meaningful explanation, but frankly if you never knew of this 360 setting or you've never modded things in a PC game, I may be wasting my time.

This is a potential bug that means 360 owners may or may not be seeing the right AI, it has NOTHING AT ALL to do with the presence of a menu option.

Raide
11-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Dear All,

In regards to the difficulty level in Assassins Creed, neither the 360 or PS3 version gives you the option to change the difficulty level.

Raide
Uk Forum Manager

lunaticpanda101
11-14-2007, 11:04 AM
yes you can chnage the difficulty level

Astalder
11-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Raide, your post clears up the confusion on whether or not there's a menu choice to that effect, it does nothing however to clarify whether or not there's a bug in the game where you may be playing the wrong AI based on your console settings. I hope you just meant not to comment on that, and it's not the case that you just didn't feel like properly reading up on the issue.

For the last time I will break this down, and maybe a developer (because only a developer or a hacker will know) can clear up whether or not this is taking place.

1) There is no difficulty option in the Assassin's Creed menu.

2) The game code shipped with at least two different AI variants in its code. Here's a simplistic breakdown:

On the PS3 it might be like this:
AI_Type=1

On a Xbox360 with the gamer profile default normal difficulty it might be like this:
AI_Type=0

On a Xbox360 with the gamer profile default hard difficulty it might be like this:
AI_Type=1

This is what people are talking about, if you've ever modded a game on the PC or scripted anything you should recognize this as a bug issue and not a issue of whether or not there was ever an intention to have multiple difficulty levels in the game.

Since you'd have to access the game's code, or perform very unscientific testing, to find out only a dev could really comment on whether or not this is happening. Raide, your response doesn't cut it, and doesn't even pertain to the issue at hand, sorry.

Raide
11-14-2007, 11:20 AM
There is no In Game option to alter the difficulty in the game. As regards the 360 Game options, that is being looked into to confirm if this is correct or not. Most people do not even use that feature of the 360, but it is something to look into just to make sure.

I will keep you all posted as to what appears http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Raide
Uk Forum Manager

MiniAssasin
11-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Raide:
There is no In Game option to alter the difficulty in the game. As regards the 360 Game options, that is being looked into to confirm if this is correct or not. Most people do not even use that feature of the 360, but it is something to look into just to make sure.

I will keep you all posted as to what appears http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

would be a cool easter egg if its true

Raide
Uk Forum Manager

DeAdLy2323
11-14-2007, 11:25 AM
yes we can read MiniAssasin, no nead to repost somthing to feel important

EDIT: o sorry miniassasin didnt see what you typed inside of the quote, i thought you just quoted him as your post....sorry

MiniAssasin
11-14-2007, 11:28 AM
yeah sorry lol i used the automatic quote thing and despite it being correct in the box sometimes it sticks my mesage in the middle of the box

AirRon_2K7
11-14-2007, 11:29 AM
would be a cool easter egg.. for 360 owners, but I DO doubt that this is true... but I can't say for sure..

DeAdLy2323
11-14-2007, 11:30 AM
ya it would be, hope its hard, i love challenges

Astalder
11-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Well, with a hope of refuting some of the "stupid AI" reviews we've seen, you can hope this is the case:

Those reviewers were the ones with the wrong AI, b/c the default 360 difficulty option they were using loaded the wrong script. Could be that Easy and Hard load the right script, and Normal doesn't, or that Normal and Hard load the right script, but easy doesn't. If there's really a bug it could be all sorts of combinations in play, the net result being some people aren't playing the AI the way it was meant to be played.

Worse case scenario... there is no bug, and whether or not the AI is 'stupid' is purely a very subjective issue with this game (given the fairly large scoring differences).

Personally I hope there's a bug, and the experiences of Gamespy (a site I tend to agree with) in combat and the like with the AI are due to the presence of a dumbed down AI.

DeAdLy2323
11-14-2007, 11:40 AM
even if the AI is how it is, it isn't stupid. i know i wouldn't fight a guy that just killed all my teamates. you could but then you woul dbe the stupid one. and plus. you would have a chance of hurting your teamate thats fighting

Dvlos56
11-14-2007, 11:41 AM
If the game has "hard" setting that is ACTUALLY challenging I will eat my words and buy the game.. I have no problems with buying games that merit the money.

alex-ac
11-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know, on the 360, how - if you can - change the difficulty of you profile?

thanks

Dvlos56
11-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by alex-ac:
Does anyone know, on the 360, how - if you can - change the difficulty of you profile?

thanks

On the 360 you can do a lot of "game defaults" that automatically overrides and sets your game to certain defaults. Southpaw, difficulty, vibration on/off etc... it's a system wide setting for your profile.

lukenichols
11-14-2007, 12:22 PM
xbox 360 has the greatest ai of any game
including halo 2.5
its a fact

Exassassin
11-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by lukenichols:
Assassin's Creed has the greatest ai of any game
including halo 2.5
its a fact

Fixed for your pleasure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

lukenichols
11-14-2007, 12:26 PM
im playing assassins creed now

alitair
11-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Can anyone give a quick explanation on how to change the settings for difficulty or where to go at least on teh 360 Menu. Thanks

lukenichols
11-14-2007, 12:44 PM
im god

AirRon_2K7
11-14-2007, 12:46 PM
im five

QFT

lukenichols
11-14-2007, 12:49 PM
have you seen the number 23 air ron?
they could make a movie about you
your obsessed with numbers 5 and 1080

Dvlos56
11-14-2007, 12:52 PM

There are some non-english posters on this forum that make more sense than this guy.

I blame this on Ubisoft's Focus Testing for this game, it was meant to attract even the most common and casual gamer.. I think they went too common.

henrycole
11-14-2007, 12:54 PM
TC = Topic Creator

AirRon_2K7
11-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Dvlos56:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukenichols:

There are some non-english posters on this forum that make more sense than this guy.

I blame this on Ubisoft's Focus Testing for this game, it was meant to attract even the most common and casual gamer.. I think they went too common. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I'm agreeing with Dvlos... wowza.

You're 23 lukenichlos? Maybe that's in months, but I'm not sure... yes I post alot, but I'm still not as sad as you. You're obviously going for a ban now that you've got the game, why don't you turn your computer off now . . .

If you are 23... then you need to grow up, seriously.

alitair
11-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Anybody with any help on where to go to change the XBOX 360 profile settings?

Ellis The Exile
11-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Where exactly is this difficulty option on the 360? I'm curious

lukenichols
11-14-2007, 01:00 PM
why do you think im 23
the number 23 is a movie......
i cant my pc has no off button
cya

lukenichols
11-14-2007, 01:01 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">*No Spamming please. Keep to the Terms of Use.*</span>

winner9000
11-14-2007, 01:31 PM
So is this legit or not?

Ellis The Exile
11-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Well I found the difficulty setting, its in the Gamer Profile, under Game Defaults. I set it to hard, I'm getting the game in.. an hour and a half, when I am playing it, I'll let you know if I see a difference in game play.

xekushnr
11-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Bump! I would really like to know this.

DeadCorpseAC
11-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Revan_Razor:
Well I found the difficulty setting, its in the Gamer Profile, under Game Defaults. I set it to hard, I'm getting the game in.. an hour and a half, when I am playing it, I'll let you know if I see a difference in game play.
PS3 or 360?

Thanatos-death-
11-15-2007, 07:19 AM
well, any news?

DeAdLy2323
11-15-2007, 07:22 AM
to me the AI is perfectly fine. they will climb up buildings and chase you free running when you are too, they are very smart. and in combat, if you arent defending yourself, they just bombard you with attacks, i had 2 people attack with the same moves at the same time against me. it's actually pretty fun, but sometimes aggravating when you are trying to kill 25 enimes in a single fight since they dont get reinforced often

i got to about 20-24 kills in a single fight until i acidentally killed the last guy and the fight was over http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

then again my xbox thing is on hard for default if this matters at all

GuStick93
11-15-2007, 07:27 AM
damn it i cant wait anymore for this game,atleast u guys know when u getting it,theres never an official release in the middle east ...