PDA

View Full Version : Hookblade Design - Could it be better?

wazza1023
06-10-2011, 03:28 AM
Ubisoft has been flashing around the hookblade in all the screenshots on the website so far and in the E3 gameplay. However, upon inspection, I seriously don't think I'll like it. It looks like he's trying to hide some kind of mace up his sleeve - it looks a little too heavy and bulky.
I think it would look better if the hook was perhaps integrated into the actual blade, perhaps in a curved, hooked, arabic style coming off at a 90 degree angle to the blade; as opposed to the eagle head that seems to be hanging out of Ezio's arm.
Also, from the gameplay, it looks as if the feeling of weight and physics could be improved when Ezio is sliding along on the line, he seems to be hovering.

I realise Ubisoft probably won't be bothered nor have the time to change anything but nevertheless, what do you think?

Thug-U
06-10-2011, 04:35 AM
The thing that bothers me, is in the gameplay when Ezio is fighting some guards with the hidden blade, the eagle head still seems to be at the end of the blade, even when he stabs someone.
I also think that the new counter animations for the new hidden blade look kind of cheesy compared to the ones from ACB.

I hope they kept some of the counters and killstreaks animations from the previous game.

O6EvolutionIXMR
06-10-2011, 05:08 AM
I'll admit that i'm still not liking the idea of the hookblade at all.
The reality is, Constantinople most likely didn't have zip lines running across it's buildings. And if they did, they sure wouldn't be made of anything strong enough to be able to support someone's weight or it's own(line) weight for the matter for long distances.
I'm not really a fan of Ubisoft attempting to find us "quicker" methods of getting us from point A to point B in these open worlds aside from the typical(and realistic)horse. The great the about the AC series is the attention to detail in the overall design of these locations. Why would I want to blow past everything with a zip line?

Inorganic9_2
06-10-2011, 05:18 AM
We don't need to have everything faster, more explosive, more action. It's AC, not some film -_-

I didn't quite get the hidden blade counters in that video. It sort of looked like the hook was there, but then in other frames, it wasn't. When Ezio slides the blades away at the end, the hook isn't out, but during the fight, the blade looks bulkier like it's there :s

Thug-U
06-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
We don't need to have everything faster, more explosive, more action. It's AC, not some film -_-

I didn't quite get the hidden blade counters in that video. It sort of looked like the hook was there, but then in other frames, it wasn't. When Ezio slides the blades away at the end, the hook isn't out, but during the fight, the blade looks bulkier like it's there :s Exactly, can't it just be removed unless we're sliding/climbing or flipping over people in combat?