PDA

View Full Version : i think ubisoft made the right move!

edzilla_551
05-24-2011, 01:47 AM
before revelations was announced, i was hoping for ac3 with a new assassin, but if they did announce ac3 this year in 2011, it seems like they will rush the production of a really important game, which is why its better off if ac3 will not come out until the next few years, so revelations coming out is a great move too hold us off until ac3 comes out and most likely with a new engine.
what do you guys think? is ac3 better off with more development time? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

ChaosxNetwork
05-24-2011, 02:14 PM
AC:3 will without of doubt come out in late 2012 to coincide with the main storyline.
And it also will have been in the works since after AC:II.

kriegerdesgottes
05-24-2011, 04:43 PM
How do you know it's already in the works? It probably is and I hope you're right. My guess is they are working on both Revelations and III at the same time giving III a half way decent development cycle because if III is 9 sequences long and resembles Brotherhood in any way people will be angry. It has to be HUGE. Like bigger than the second game huge.

knightshad0w
05-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Hopefully all the AC teams will work on AC3.

nekov4ego
05-25-2011, 03:42 AM
According to Wikipedia, Ubisoft Montreal are already working on Assassin's Creed III.

Xanatos2007
05-25-2011, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by knightshad0w:
Hopefully all the AC teams will work on AC3.
Hopefully Patrice & Corey will be involved with the project again, although that's unlikely.

nekov4ego
05-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Didn't Patrice (Desilets?) leave Ubisoft?

phil.llllll
05-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by nekov4ego:
Didn't Patrice (Desilets?) leave Ubisoft?

Yes, he did, so there's no way he'll be involved. Corey however might if he still works there even.

StarScream391
05-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Lol, ubisoft did not, Modern Warfail 3 is also coming this year, so is Battlefield 3 and many more big titles.

RzaRecta357
05-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Point? AC always comes out almost the exact day of a CoD game and it doesn't effect the sales.

They are two totally different games.

kriegerdesgottes
05-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Yeah I know for sure patrice and Jean Francois are both gone and I haven't seen Vincent Pontbriandt at all yet either. I wonder what Jeffery Yohalem is going to be doing since he's apparently not head-writing this one.

souNdwAve89
05-26-2011, 07:03 PM
A lot of people complain that Ubisoft is milking the series and how they keep making spin off games. Personally, I don't mind as long as the games turn out to be good. The idea of AC3 releasing in 2012 makes sense since the modern day timeline in the series is in 2012. Besides, we get more information, story and character development when we head into AC3. What it does is to help make the game more dramatic. We all know that humanity's existence is on the line in a couple of months (inside the game), so what better way to continue the story with spin off titles?

As for the development of AC3, for all we know, they could have been working on it halfway through the development of AC2. After AC2 was finished, maybe they wanted to expand on the story more by releasing Brotherhood? During the development of Brotherhood, they could have done the same with the creation of Revelations.

phil.llllll
05-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
A lot of people complain that Ubisoft is milking the series and how they keep making spin off games. Personally, I don't mind as long as the games turn out to be good.

I don't either, but there were cerain quality "slips" that I don't want to see repeated for ACR.