PDA

View Full Version : ATI X800 Pro

laca25
01-20-2005, 08:14 PM
I just ask for some feed back about this card. I ran into some trouble during il2 play. Any suggestion or coment?
Best regards and Thx.

3.4 intel,
1 Gig ram
x800 pro 256mb pci ex.

I am using the new catalyst driver and I've patched the game. Still when i play, it just doesn't feel right.. I am running the game in opengl with costum settings with the resolution 1024x768 and i am using new view with cockpit on.

-HH-Quazi
01-21-2005, 12:32 AM
What kind of trouble did you run into m8? I can attest to the AGP version of this card. So far, between it, an XT and an XT PE, it oc'd better than all of them. And believe it or not, with my Pro oc'd and with 12 pipes, it outscored the retail XT PE with all 16 pipes benching with 3DMark03. Nothing but praise from me about the X800 Pro. You sure seem to have the system to run it. Maybe you should post your dxdiag over in community help forum. You may have a conflict somewhere. If you do, your dxdiag will show it.

MO_JOJO
01-21-2005, 03:01 AM
I'm considering this card for my new system...what are the XT, XT PE, and which of these oc'd the best? They say the ATI's are better setup for PCIe bus than NVidia, so that's why I am probably going to get the X800.

Sig.Hirsch
01-21-2005, 05:39 AM
X800 XT is very good for O/C , don't take the "pro" models , it sux for o/c http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

cheers,

laca25
01-21-2005, 09:10 AM
For some reason when I bought this card I expected it to be able to run the game with 4XAA and 8xAF. In opengl mode it doesn't let me do it, although I can turn on the v sync but the panning in the cockpit is kind of wierd. In dirctx mode I can turn on the the AA and the AF but the v sync wouldn't work. I was hoping for a bigger performance gain compared to my previous card.... (Fx 5600 128mb) On the forum somebody mentioned something about ATI's lack of opengl support. Of course I am not an expert but the card itself performed really well with half life2 and quite mediocore with Doom3. (After reading the reviews I was expecting it) I am not sure how much it has to do with Il2. That's why I am interested to know how it works out for others and to hear how they set up theirs. In il2 setup I used the default x800 setting as it was suggested by someone else on the forum. I have tried to make a compromise in the video options so it wouldn't be too hard on the system, still I am just not 100% satisfied. I just kind of got the feeling that an Nvidia would have beeen a better choice (6800GT) especially since my freind just got one and it seems to run things a little smoother. Or may be just the neighbours grass seems greener...

On the other hand half life was a dream to play.

laca25
01-21-2005, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
What kind of trouble did you run into m8? I can attest to the AGP version of this card. So far, between it, an XT and an XT PE, it oc'd better than all of them. And believe it or not, with my Pro oc'd and with 12 pipes, it outscored the retail XT PE with all 16 pipes benching with 3DMark03. Nothing but praise from me about the X800 Pro. You sure seem to have the system to run it. Maybe you should post your dxdiag over in community help forum. You may have a conflict somewhere. If you do, your dxdiag will show it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just out of pure curiosity, what were your scores on 3D mark 03 and 05? With o'd I got around 11000 and 5000 respectively.

Lunix
01-21-2005, 10:53 AM
11000 and 5000 for my pro too. I run the game at 1024x768 4xAA 16xAF without problems. Also, I do not use vsync.