PDA

View Full Version : Hold your fire, they'll get it right!

Hades_Dragon
10-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Everyone is a bit jumpy over PF, and lately the quote has been, "OMPHG NO SO AND SO PLANE F THIS."

Well, take a look at the amount of stuff, hard to have that much stuff at the level of quality it is and fit it on a disc, no? And yes, even if there is allot of great stuff, if key componets are missing then it can still be ruint in the end. But my point is, wait until the patch before you give up on not having the stuff you want. From what it looks like to me, they are fitting all they can on the disc, but its the bare, have to have to make it work, get by for now until the patch comes stuff. Don't quote me on this, but I bet the "goodies" (Torp Bombers and etc) will come in the patch. I'm sure many of you are also assuming along the lines of what I said, but i hatew to see a few hot heads give up on PF because they want their dessert RIGHT NOW. I find it hard to believe that after so much time has been spent making this sim that a lot of essentials would be left out to make it go down the drain the moment its released.

Ruy Horta
10-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Would you buy anything else on the same premisis??

I mean I understand a certain level of product loyalty and dedication to a development team, but some of these support posts are indeed going very far.

You are actually writing.

We don't care if the product isn't complete nor even close to being balanced as a product, we don't care if you cannot think further than two CDs for some reason or another. We don't care that a patch is already mandatory BEFORE we get the primary product, no we go a step further we will BUY the "patch" that will complete the game under the name "add on" to the "stand alone add on".

Why don't we all just donate $100,- to 1C and a similar amount to UBI? They appear to have become some sort of favorite charity with most of you.

Do I love the series, absolutely!

But lets not be too enthusiastic about the business practices of a company that is REALLY milking the last possible mile out of a three year old product.

They will get spoiled and screw you over with BoB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Howie A
10-04-2004, 12:26 AM
I also find it hard to believe a lot of 'essentials' will be left out. On the other hand I would consider a torpedo bomber more an essential than goodie.

I do trust in their efforts to make patches right up till BoB, and if true patches they will not cost additional money.

I've always felt flight simmers will not resist, and with most cannot resist, if its a quality product. Even if initially there's disappointment, as for sure there was with FB, most will still end up purchasing it.

VF-3Thunderboy
10-04-2004, 02:52 AM
All the more reason to let add on developers have at the planes. Why cant someone design a "flyable" TBD, SBD, etc, and have UBI do the flight model, etc..

No3 Spit
10-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Well
I reinstalled CFS2 and did some carrier landings, I forgot how bad the FM's were in other games,so before nit picking go back and fly another sim...no complaints ever again!

Ruy Horta
10-04-2004, 03:27 AM
The other sim isn't CFS2, its FB/AEP...

This is not a new sim, its a new campaign with new features like carriers and carrier borne a/c. Its nonsense to just compare PF with older sims and forgetting that it is an offshoot of a good series. What good it will have you'll know because you've liked it in the previous product (that applies to the bad as well btw).

Compare FMs look AEP...

BTW CFS2 was **** to start with, it had some good simulation elements, but it was a "shell" extremely hollow as a product, compared to that its easy to show improvement.

sapre
10-04-2004, 03:50 AM
are these people really believing Torpedo bombers not included because 1C is going to release as a add on?
are u nuts?

No3 Spit
10-04-2004, 04:08 AM
Its hardly nonsense at all. The fact is that FB AEP Sim is a quantum leap from those older sims. In addition the guy that builds the sim remains in contact with the buyer and he genuinely attempts to improve his product.

Yellonet
10-04-2004, 04:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ruy Horta:
Would you buy anything else on the same premisis??

I mean I understand a certain level of product loyalty and dedication to a development team, but some of these support posts are indeed going very far.

You are actually writing.

We don't care if the product isn't complete nor even close to being balanced as a product, we don't care if you cannot think further than two CDs for some reason or another. We don't care that a patch is already mandatory BEFORE we get the primary product, no we go a step further we will BUY the "patch" that will complete the game under the name "add on" to the "stand alone add on".

Why don't we all just donate $100,- to 1C and a similar amount to UBI? They appear to have become some sort of favorite charity with most of you.

But lets not be too enthusiastic about the business practices of a company that is REALLY milking the last possible mile out of a three year old product.

They will get spoiled and screw you over with BoB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Quoted for emphasis.

k5054
10-04-2004, 05:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

They will get spoiled and screw you over with BoB Smile <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's not forget that these forums have been full for all that time with demands from the players for a med or W Europe or Pacific add-on.
You could regard PF as a response to that demand. Personally I'm somewhat glad to have a game that will run on my PC, I'm pretty sure BoB won't. How long will it take BoB to build up to the same number of a/c and maps that FB/AEP/PF/nextpatch will have? Can any game work towards the ideal (well, my ideal anyway) of having all the combat a/c of WW2, and all the theatres, 1936-45, in less than three years, without opening the architecture?

I'll buy PF as soon as I see it, for the price of an aviation book or a restaurant meal or taking the family to the movies. I'll expect the torpedo bombers and stuff to turn up soon, for free. If there's another pay add-on to get the other a/c we all know about, I'll buy that too. I don't expect it will ever be a really good naval warfare game though, that's a bridge too far for the original engine.

Obi_Kwiet
10-04-2004, 06:18 AM
Look like some one has no idea how difficult it is to make a new engine. Would UBI make any money if they charged 200$ for every new game? No. Mabye some of you fanatics out there would, but even if all the avid IL2 players bought it, it would no where near pay for the prodution costs.

Tvrdi
10-04-2004, 07:24 AM
Pf comes with 2 CDs? make it 3 then so u can include all the planes etc... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

VW-IceFire
10-04-2004, 07:30 AM
The problem is that too many of you are all complaining about lack of flyable torpedo bombers based on an old flyable list with absolutely no idea if they will be flyable by release or if they will come later as flyables in a patch.

We know Oleg supports his products. Thats a good reason for me to buy. I know more stuff is coming.

Meanwhile, not a single word of encouragement or interest in the fact that there are all of the major carrier fighters (in multiple versions), a good number of the major army aircraft on all sides, the fact that there are Seafires (a first in any game), that there are maps of Burma and other less covered areas of the war, or that there are flyable A-20's and B-25's...both significant light and medium bombers that were used for all manners of things and they are flyable right out of the box.

Find me a sim where all of that is true and then find me a sim that also looks as good as PF does, that already has an established engine behind that it does a superb job at almost everything (its not perfect and I'll argue for making improvements wherever possible) but its a seriously impressive product.

TX3-Negotiator
10-04-2004, 07:53 AM
Sorry if this was mentioned before, but why would they need to make a flyable torp plane when you can just Kamikazi?! :P

Yellonet
10-04-2004, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TX3-Negotiator:
Sorry if this was mentioned before, but why would they need to make a flyable torp plane when you can just Kamikazi?! :P <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh... someone who didn't want to use their regular account for trolling.