PDA

View Full Version : Corsair fuel/range query

Jabout
01-17-2006, 06:53 AM
What pitch & throttle settings would anyone recommend for the greatest possible range in a Corasir?

(If it makes any odds the load out will be 2 Tiny Tims & 8 Rockets).

Jabout
01-17-2006, 06:53 AM
What pitch & throttle settings would anyone recommend for the greatest possible range in a Corasir?

(If it makes any odds the load out will be 2 Tiny Tims & 8 Rockets).

jds1978
01-17-2006, 07:28 AM
i'm not sure about the throttle/pitch settings for maximum range.

I would recommend that you keep your rad/cowling closed. There is a bug which prevents open rads to help cool the engine. use prop pitch to keep engine cool. this should reduce drag and improve range

Jabout
01-17-2006, 07:39 AM
There is a bug which prevents open rads to help cool the engine.

Really, I didn't know that.

VR_Cutter
01-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Try Pitch and Throttle around 50% Jab. She'll go forever like that on very little fuel.

Jabout
01-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks Cutter

~S~

Lightning would have made it, only he ran out of fuel, even then he deadsticked to the carrier, would have survived the crash if the bows of the ship had of been a foot longer.

OldMan____
01-17-2006, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jabout:
There is a bug which prevents open rads to help cool the engine.

Really, I didn't know that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is not exactly like that. I made several test and it DOES have difference havint it opened and closed. At specific power ratios while overheated engine would never cool down with closed rads but cooled down quite fast with opened rads.

Issue is that Rads only seem to help cooling when temperature is already quite high. As soon as temperature is under overheat, it seems rads are almost no efffective.