PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Disappointed With Ubisoft Actions

DarthViscer
03-11-2011, 07:36 AM
So the Da Vinci disappearance contains all of the original EXCLUSIVE DLC that was only supposed to be for people that bought collector's editions. How exactly is that fair? So now you could purchase the Da Vinci edition for $60 and get more than some other people did with $80-$100 purchases. Really Ubisoft?

restomaniac
03-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Rutiar:
So the Da Vinci disappearance contains all of the original EXCLUSIVE DLC that was only supposed to be for people that bought collector's editions. How exactly is that fair? So now you could purchase the Da Vinci edition for $60 and get more than some other people did with $80-$100 purchases. Really Ubisoft? But the folks who origionaly bought the DLC's have had them a while.
That is/was their exclusive.
The word 'exculsive' can mean a fair few things.
Newspapers have exclusives that normally appear in other newpapers the following day.

DEMON-12_21_2O12
03-11-2011, 07:50 AM
i usually dont post in this section of the forum but this was the top thread when i logged in.

there are several pc/ps3 owners(myself) that dont like the way this worked out either.

alot of people say we paid extra for physical content(harlequin jack in the box, and a booklet). ill be honest and say that should not have cost an extra $40. it seems highly unfair for us to have preordered the game for $100US only to have the character content become available for $10. the harelquin/officer characters were promised to be available exclusively to those who preordred at gamestop/etc.

proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...=channel_video_title (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHw_ngF6qYQ&feature=channel_video_title)

i was tempted to ask for a refund of the difference but i know that wont ever happen.

SolidSnakeMat
03-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Honestly I must say GET OVER IT! I bought the DLC and it was great. You had everything way before I did and always wanted it but didn't have the money for it. Look you still got a lot more stuff than I do. I don't have the harlequin in the box or the soundtrack or the hardback book or the comic. I don't have any of this stuff and most of it you can't get unless you want to pay hundreds of dollars on ebay for it. They did the same thing for Assassin's Creed 2 and loved it. If your really going to be such a pain about it. No one forced you to buy the collector's. Getting refund is really not smart either. I mean come on really its just in game content. What about all the other stuff you paid for that like most of us still don't have?

AntiChrist7
03-11-2011, 10:21 AM
anybody knows how it is with the pc-version? or did i spend the extra money just to get a soundtrack disc, a lineage dvd (both on youtube), a map and some player cards?

Mr_Shade
03-11-2011, 10:28 AM
The fact the content has been exclusive to certain players for a while - should be considered as well.

The DLC is paid for, so it's not being given away..

Also there was real way for people who had paid for the CE's to have all of the items - such as Harlequin, Officer *AND* Helmschied Drachen Armour.

Some were only available in some regions/stores , so unless you bought a code on ebay or traded, you couldn't get a 'full set'

By giving them to everyone who purchases the DLC, it means that everyone will have the full set..

For months after release, and to this day, we still see people asking for the Harlequin - so this way they can get it. - it would be impracticable to offer different versions of the DLC to certain people, depending on what version of the game they paid for.

People who paid extra for the codex edition, for example, were also getting many real psychical items, which will not ever be given away or made available via DLC.

Mr_Shade
03-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
anybody knows how it is with the pc-version? or did i spend the extra money just to get a soundtrack disc, a lineage dvd (both on youtube), a map and some player cards? You will get the content listed for the version you bought?

EG, If you bought the standard edition of the game on PC, you will only get the DLC - not the bonus items.

If you bought the Codex Edition - you get 'real' items..

Digital Deluxe, and you get digital versions..

ChaosxNetwork
03-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Why do people keep saying this, you DID NOT pay for the Armour and the Maps - You DID Pay for some CARDS and PACKAGING.
All the things that cost to be MANUFACTURED not created on a computer...

kriegerdesgottes
03-11-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't have a problem with this because I agree with Ubisoft that everyone should have a chance to get the whole game and if you want it early you pre-order. Some people will buy it early regardless of other stuff and that is just incentive for you to buy it new instead of waiting to buy it used which they don't want. Plus like Mr. Shade said you didn't have to buy it because this one was paid so I think it's fair. however I will agree the CE that we Americans got was not great. In fact it kind of sucked but the Europeans got a really cool version that I would not complain about.

austin128
03-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Heck yes to this I say! Why do people care if we who couldn't get EVERY PIECE OF CONTENT FROM EVERY RETAILER get it? You should be happy for us! You paid to get it early, we pay to get it late.

DarthViscer
03-11-2011, 11:33 AM
In response to all of this I don't see why Ubi didn't just release two versions like they did with Sequence 13 for ACII, one with all the bonus content and one without. I'm not getting as much as other people for my 800 MSP, I will most definitely be waiting for this to go on DotW because there is no way I'm paying $10 for content I already have plus a few new things. 560 MSP/$7 reduced or even 400 MSP/$5 would be much more reasonbale. I have absolutely no problem with people getting the extra content. I've always thought exclusives as ridiculous because episodes like this happen, but I would have loved to know that Ubi actually put some consideration in for other customers like they did for ACII

charleroi66
03-11-2011, 11:56 AM
You don't own online/in game content. You own the right to use them, and you're paying the privelage of getting to use them first.

ChaosxNetwork
03-11-2011, 12:30 PM
In response to all of this I don't see why Ubi didn't just release two versions like they did with Sequence 13 for ACII, one with all the bonus content and one without. I'm not getting as much as other people for my 800 MSP, I will most definitely be waiting for this to go on DotW because there is no way I'm paying $10 for content I already have plus a few new things. 560 MSP/$7 reduced or even 400 MSP/$5 would be much more reasonbale. I have absolutely no problem with people getting the extra content. I've always thought exclusives as ridiculous because episodes like this happen, but I would have loved to know that Ubi actually put some consideration in for other customers like they did for ACII
1) If 800MSP is that dear to you then you need to;
A) Get off benefits,
B) Get a better job,
C) Cry to mommy and daddy for more money.

2)Consideration for other cutomers like they did for ACII, are you joking me? They did the same thing then, gave out exclusive location/Tombs ect then released them for everyone else in later DLC.

3) Stop crying and grow up/a pair.

Abeonis
03-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
anybody knows how it is with the pc-version? or did i spend the extra money just to get a soundtrack disc, a lineage dvd (both on youtube), a map and some player cards? You will get the content listed for the version you bought?

EG, If you bought the standard edition of the game on PC, you will only get the DLC - not the bonus items.

If you bought the Codex Edition - you get 'real' items..

Digital Deluxe, and you get digital versions.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tut tut tut, double post Mr. Shade http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Ass4ssin8me
03-11-2011, 12:53 PM
@XhitX_Choas : Okay really? Grow a pair? How about you get some maturity...

I am upset about this too. Yeah we have had them for a while but Exclusive IS Exclusive. We spent the extra money for excluse items. Sure we got the hard copies or whatever, thats beside the point, we were said to get exclusive in-game items.... So hmmm... Whats the definition of Exclusive?

Exclusive : Not divided or shared with others .........

@Mr. Shade : Everyone having the full sets is kind of the problem here...

Krayus Korianis
03-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
@XhitX_Choas : Okay really? Grow a pair? How about you get some maturity...

I am upset about this too. Yeah we have had them for a while but Exclusive IS Exclusive. We spent the extra money for excluse items. Sure we got the hard copies or whatever, thats beside the point, we were said to get exclusive in-game items.... So hmmm... Whats the definition of Exclusive?

Exclusive : Not divided or shared with others .........

@Mr. Shade : Everyone having the full sets is kind of the problem here...

I actually didn't see "Exclusive" on any of the In-Game Promo stuff. Just "Unlock by pre-ordering at XXX".

The only thing that's exclusive is the Copernicus Conspiracy Missions for PS3, that's all I saw.

Murcuseo
03-11-2011, 01:04 PM
This is all caused by a simple wording issue. It should be bonus content, not exclusive content.

I'm presuming the word exclusive increases sales or something, that's probably why they use it.

Also, to everyone saying CE people should stop moaning, the in game content is marketed as part of the exclusive content so it's not just the hard goods that you're paying for.

Fair enough everyone should have the content eventually, but it should be at an even price.

Not as an add-on with new DLC. It devalues the CE's and that's why people get annoyed about it.

If they made everyone pay the same amount for the content, then no one would have a right to complain.

caswallawn_2k7
03-11-2011, 01:13 PM
people are honestly surprised by this and didn't see it coming after the exact same thing happened in AC2 with the secret locations?

you know people say about hind sight when something happens you didn't expect but really from history you should of knew this was going to happen, I would advise people stop wasting their time complaining and actually do some basic research on games as AC2's content for the CE's would of told you this would happen.

Vex_Assassin
03-11-2011, 08:53 PM
this ^^

AntiChrist7
03-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Welyeah i ordered the codex edition (pc), so i could play with the harlequin and the officer, and do the extra lairs. A bit of a letdown that everyone gets them now.... At least they could have told.

Windrius
03-12-2011, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
I actually didn't see "Exclusive" on any of the In-Game Promo stuff. Just "Unlock by pre-ordering at XXX".

The only thing that's exclusive is the Copernicus Conspiracy Missions for PS3, that's all I saw.

Oh really?
http://images.play.com/banners/content/15571172%20Large.jpg

See? +EXCLUSIVE IN-GAME CONTENT http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

montagemik
03-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Get over it kids.... If any of you think that any in-game content you can have by paying for a premium version of a game means = It's your's & ONLY Your's FOREVER = Then you need to switch your Brain on.
Your Exclusive ingame content advertised in your game was exactly that 'Exclusive' to that game pack. But Not Exclusive to that gamepack alone.

I mean - If you bought Codex edition ,DID you complain that people could get the OFFICER in a Special edition ?
NO you didn't. So stop, They're just character skins = They all run up walls & kill peoople = Makes no difference to what you can accomplish in game.
You paid Extra = You got Extra, Months before anyone else.
(was never stated it would be Exclusive forever)

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

caswallawn_2k7
03-12-2011, 07:11 AM
also exclusive content doesn't mean it will always be exclusive, look at all the console exclusives that get released then a few months later make it to the other console.

the simple fact is at the time they were exclusive and at no point did they ever say they wouldn't be made available to other people.

AntiChrist7
03-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by montagemik:
Get over it kids.... If any of you think that any in-game content you can have by paying for a premium version of a game means = It's your's & ONLY Your's FOREVER = Then you need to switch your Brain on.
Your Exclusive ingame content advertised in your game was exactly that 'Exclusive' to that game pack. But Not Exclusive to that gamepack alone.

I mean - If you bought Codex edition ,DID you complain that people could get the OFFICER in a Special edition ?
NO you didn't. So stop, They're just character skins = They all run up walls & kill peoople = Makes no difference to what you can accomplish in game.

I agree for the console version, but not for the pc-version. it's not really exclusive if everyone else gets it at the same time

Shaitaan1986
03-13-2011, 07:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by montagemik:

I agree for the console version, but not for the pc-version. it's not really exclusive if everyone else gets it at the same time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For me it costs the same with digital deluxe as the normal basic version as long as I pre-order, wich I did. (glad I checked out the other versions and went for the deluxe one lol)

Mr_Shade
03-13-2011, 09:49 AM
If people are concerned about the PC owners getting the bonus content - such as the Harlequin - for free - they should not be..

As far as the current product info goes...

The PC versions are the same basic content as when released on Console, but they all come with the normal version/ stripped down version of the Da Vinci DLC and AP 1 and AP2[for free]

But the standard edition does not come with the lairs / armour/ or the 2 extra personas...

So to get all of the bonus items, you have to have pre-ordered / ordered for example the Codex edition..

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/8501077119 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8501077119)

If you notice - the line up is basically the same as the Console versions - apart from the Da Vinci DLC - which I think people will agree is ok for them to have, considering the wait??

SteelCity999
03-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Exclusive means that it was not included in the original release of AC:B. For instance, everyone that purhcased the Codex Edition or the Collector's Edition (in whatever various incarnations) received exclusive content which was not available if you purchased the standard AC:B. In order to get the additional content you would have to purchase it from some other channel. Exclusive does have a few definitions in the dictionary and by no means does exclusive mean forever and ever. The Da Vinci Edition contains content that is not included in the original release and therefore the content is exclusive to that edition.

I've gotten both the Master and Collector's editions for the past 2 games and I could really care less about things being exclusive - but it is nice to have more of the game from the beginning and not have to wait for it 5 months later. This DLC was well worth the $10 in terms of content and would welcome more of it just like it

Ass4ssin8me
03-14-2011, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by montagemik:

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Kids? Okay, so aside from belittling us, also consider now we are paying for things we already have.

Maurice_Wijma
03-14-2011, 06:03 AM
Gabe was very clear and fair about how they could do this.

I play the 360 and PC versions of all the games (I just can't wait for the PC release, but I love to take screenshots the easy way on the PC. Count me as an addict.), and I don't really care about what is or isn't released.

With the PC version of AC2 there was also this kind of thing of extra FREE content, after server problems. After that, the White edition had the same content as the Black edition.
The point is, that we can talk about it like we want, but it will happen, and is happening. It would be unfair if we took those content away from the people who have it now.

AntiChrist7
03-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by The_Thorn_MJ:

I play the 360 and PC versions of all the games (I just can't wait for the PC release, but I love to take screenshots the easy way on the PC. Count me as an addict.), and I don't really care about what is or isn't released.

With the PC version of AC2 there was also this kind of thing of extra FREE content, after server problems. After that, the White edition had the same content as the Black edition.
The point is, that we can talk about it like we want, but it will happen, and is happening. It would be unfair if we took those content away from the people who have it now.

I always find it very hard to sympathize with people who can afford to buy a game 2 or three times on different systems

Maurice_Wijma
03-14-2011, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Thorn_MJ:

I always find it very hard to sympathize with people who can afford to buy a game 2 or three times on different systems </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, but then with people who can't comment with some kind of usefull information or oppinion.

Mr_Shade
03-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Guys I can see some of you are very frustrated?

If you are a console owner - you are paying for the whole DLC - but mainly the items that where advertised - so the single player content - the 4 new personas - 2 new modes and the new map..

The extra bonus items, where included due to public demand for them, and also allow everyone to have a complete set of dlc - there was no other way to have the Harliquin, officer and the armour - unless you paid for a code on ebay.

People have had a few months exclusive use of them, and since they are 'bonus items' if you buy the DLC, you did not really pay for them on their own, so you did not 'waste money' on them but also neither can you buy them or download them with out paying..

No one is getting those bonus items for free.. you either pay for the DLC - or in the case of the PC versions, have to pre-order / buy one of the special editions, such as the codex.

Due to the delay in the PC release, they get the Da Vinci DLC for free. . . but...

The standard edition of the game on PC - does not come with the free bonus items, just the standard Da Vinci content [as well as the AP 1 and AP2 updates]

I'm just trying to get my head around why people are so upset?

austin128
03-14-2011, 12:48 PM

I think they think they feel "exclusive" means forever. I think it's a very "Me, ME!" attitude. I don't think they're thinking or showing care for the other people that didn't buy three copies of the game to get everything. Like I said, I feel they should be happy.

Now, message to Ubisoft, it would go a long way to ease frustrations on either side if you said officially, and from the beginning, that these items would be available at (insert date).
On one side, the people who are upset about the exclusive thing will know what the deal is from the start, and on the other side other people won't be upset that they can't get everything.

Mr_Shade
03-14-2011, 01:01 PM
The thing with 'exclusive' items - is when they are first released, they may well be just that..

Some things are certainly exclusive to one console - and may never see the light of day on another.

however when people ask for things, it's sometimes nice to release things as a bonus, rather than free content..

People have to pay for the DLC, so it's not much different from paying the extra for say the Codex edition - which if it was still available - would have dropped in price now.. but they don't get everything in that exclusive bundle.. they will never get the leather bound codex for example.

But I can see that not everyone will be happy - however I wanted to try and correct some of the post's I saw about people getting the bonus items for free..

They are not..

Windrius
03-14-2011, 01:12 PM

Pretty sure they would be less upset if the DLC price would be different if you want to get all the content. And I can pretty much understand that. If I was a console player and there was a DLC that will cost $10. Now lets say I pre-ordered the codex edition earlier and now I get the DLC for $10, but at the same time other people who did not pre-order pay $10, get the DLC + the bonus in-game content, which is the only reason I bought codex edition, for free!
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Or that's what I think. Good thing I'mma loyal to mah PC and get all of that for free with my deluxe edition :>

Mr_Shade
03-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Windrius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

Pretty sure they would be less upset if the DLC price would be different if you want to get all the content. And I can pretty much understand that. If I was a console player and there was a DLC that will cost $10. Now lets say I pre-ordered the codex edition earlier and now I get the DLC for $10, but at the same time other people who did not pre-order pay $10, get the DLC + the bonus in-game content, which is the only reason I bought codex edition, for free!
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Or that's what I think. Good thing I'mma loyal to mah PC and get all of that for free with my deluxe edition :> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't want to drag this out - but I personally disagree..

The codex edition is a much better value complete bundle than just those ingame items.. I personally don't know anyone who bought the Codex edition for just the 4 bonus items? - and even if they did, they did not get ALL of the items.. you can now get in the DLC [the armour for example]

However - if the Codex version was still available to buy [which it's not] - some 5 months later - the price would have dropped a lot.. as with most games..

So $10 for a tiny part of that codex edition - 5 months later - forgetting the single player and MP content in the Da Vinci DLC - is not that great a bargain.. so that plus the cost of the game originally - may have been the current cost of the codex..

or looking at it the other way..

People who paid the $10 - have had to wait 5 months for it..

People may see the Bonus content as the only reason to buy the DLC - but I personally don't..

Guess that's just me..

Eurostar7
03-14-2011, 01:44 PM
This is why i ONLY buy special editions if they have something along with them. Like an art book, figurines, something physical, something nice to put on display. They will always eventually bring out the 'exclusive' digital stuff to everyone, so that doesnt influence me much in getting a special edition copy of any game.

Mr_Shade
03-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Eurostar7:
This is why i ONLY buy special editions if they have something along with them. Like an art book, figurines, something physical, something nice to put on display. They will always eventually bring out the 'exclusive' digital stuff to everyone, so that doesnt influence me much in getting a special edition copy of any game. Guess I'm not alone then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I bought the collectors edition of Halo:Reach for the notebook alone.. [eeek geek!]

anywho - before some accuses me of a cover up - I better leave the thread to you guys - just wanted to add my penny - for what it was worth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Windrius
03-14-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't want to drag this out - but I personally disagree..

The codex edition is a much better value complete bundle than just those ingame items.. I personally don't know anyone who bought the Codex edition for just the 4 bonus items? - and even if they did, they did not get ALL of the items.. you can now get in the DLC [the armour for example]

However - if the Codex version was still available to buy [which it's not] - some 5 months later - the price would have dropped a lot.. as with most games..

So $10 for a tiny part of that codex edition - 5 months later - forgetting the single player and MP content in the Da Vinci DLC - is not that great a bargain.. so that plus the cost of the game originally - may have been the current cost of the codex..

People may see the Bonus content as the only reason to buy the DLC - but I personally don't..

Guess that's just me..

Well, as I said, that's what I think.
I personally have no problem everyone having the same content, further more, I just don't see what's the big deal about all the in-game content is. BUT. I did see somewhere in the forum someone saying that he/she/it bought the codex edition just for the in-game content.
But as far as I can tell, people are selfish, and they don't care that it took 5 months for others to get that content. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
IMO, it's not that bad. I had to wait 5 months to get the game. I'm pretty sure giving everyone the content that some special people had for 5 months is better than no game for 5 months :P

Ass4ssin8me
03-14-2011, 02:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Windrius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Or that's what I think. Good thing I'mma loyal to mah PC and get all of that for free with my deluxe edition :> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't want to drag this out - but I personally disagree..

Guess that's just me.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are not annoyed because ubi released the items. Sure, we would have liked them to stay exclusive, but we all new what the deal was. The problem is , as robson stated, A wording issue.

That and the fact it was included in the Da Vinci DLC. If it was in a stand alone DLC, we would not have this problem but since it is in the Da Vinci DLC people feel cheated and screwed over.

They feel as though you are charging $10 for the Da Vinci DLC and nothing for the Bonus items.

Also just to correct you the Codex is still in stores at the same price, and it came with the Drachen Armor.

Murcuseo
03-14-2011, 02:38 PM
I was slightly annoyed about this last week, but now I just couldn't care less.

The game is gon'a be out for PC within a week so nothing DLC related could spoil that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SteelCity999
03-14-2011, 03:36 PM
This has nothing to do with the OPs point except for the title of the thread.

One thing that Ubi dos a poor job with is information regarding DLCs. If you look at other MP games you usually get just MP DLC maps but no SP - so when you finish SP and you get bored of MP you trade the game in towards something better. It would make more sense for Ubi to stop being so sneaky sneaky about when the SP DLC comes out, if at all. You realize in this day and age there are always new games coming out that people want and if they know that good dlc is on the way maybe they would keep their game and not trade it in??? How much money do you think Ubi loses out because most people have lost interest and traded the game in and will not repurchase for a $10 dlc. To me there is no point in the games they play with such information, or lack thereof. It also leads to some of the problems contained in this thread - even though I totally get the "exclusive" thing. Maybe Ubi should try announcing stuff ahead of time and not act like they are some assassin and kill their own sales. Plus I think this would make alot of people happy....

Ass4ssin8me
03-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Yes, well Ubisoft don't comunicate with customers.

Sure they ask the questions, but do tbey listen? No.

Heck if Assassins Creed was not my favourite game, then, Ubisoft would not be seeing a cent of my money. And once the serires if over then, I doubt they will.