PDA

View Full Version : Help! N00b in distress!

Superjew1
12-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Ok I just got my Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS in the mail today and am just beginning to set them up for the first time Ive ever set up a joystick.

Im having trouble getting the throttle to recognize when to lower and increase the throttle. I know how to do it with the keyboard, but how do I set up my throttle to do the same?

Ill probably have more questions later so lets keep this open while Im setting up my Joystick and throttle.

Superjew1
12-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Ok I just got my Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS in the mail today and am just beginning to set them up for the first time Ive ever set up a joystick.

Im having trouble getting the throttle to recognize when to lower and increase the throttle. I know how to do it with the keyboard, but how do I set up my throttle to do the same?

Ill probably have more questions later so lets keep this open while Im setting up my Joystick and throttle.

Urufu_Shinjiro
12-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Go into the game controls screen and scroll all the way down to the HOTAS section, this is where you assign joystick and throttle axis.

FoolTrottel
12-31-2008, 05:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/fooltrottel/Hotas.jpg

Superjew1
12-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Ok well thanks guys, thats got me off the ground, but I cant seem to safely land back on the ground.

Any idea how I download and install the bought the farm tutorial that zuescat made?

M_Gunz
12-31-2008, 06:53 PM
bought the farm... now you've DONE IT!

Superjew1
12-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Well now I am trying to play the Bought the farm campaign by zues cat and Ive unzipped it into my campaign and missions folder but I cant seem to find it in the game so I can play it and learn how to take off and land and stuff.

Zeus-cat
12-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Here are the instructions I typed for another post

I put install info in the readme files with each of my campaigns.

To install Straight From the Farm do this:

1) Find your IL-2 main directory. The default will be in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946. If you installed it some where else you need to find it

2) Find the appropriate country folder for the campaign under the Missions\Campaigns folders. My Straight From the Farm campaign goes into the US folder. C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Campaigns\US

3) Unzip the downloaded campaign file to a temporary directory

4) Read the readme if the author supplied one. These are usually Notepad or Word files. This should tell you the proper country folder to use.

5) Copy the campaign folder (Straight_From_the_Farm) to the appropriate country folder. The campaign folder has all of the missions and other files in it. Just copy the entire folder and all of the files in it to the country folder. Do not take the missions out of the folder and do not delete any of these files. I've had people do this and they spend 2 or 3 days trying to get the campaign to work before they copy the files correctly.

6) Start the game and go to pilot careers. You can't add campaigns to the game when the game is running. Campaigns are only loaded at game startup.

7) Select new

8) Select the proper country

9) Find the campaign in the drop down menu.

Superjew1
01-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Ok well Ive made it to mission 7 and I cant find the command for toggling your radiator open all the way, any idea where it is on the control panel and which key I should choose for it?

Edit: Ok I found radiator was R, and I need to press it 5 times to open it up all the way. But heres one I havent figured out, I toggled my close up gunsight using delete, and I cant seem to figure out how to unzoom out of gun sight view, anyone know how to do this?

bolox00
01-01-2009, 02:34 PM
assuming you haven't changed the default control mapping

end = normal view

pg down = wide view

you can also assign keys to increase fov and decrease fov if you wish to do this in smaller steps- click 'controls' button in main screen and scroll down to find them. you can also read control assignments here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif