http://www.historynet.com/magazines/world_war_2/9961531.html?featured=y&c=y

I really like the strafing parts.

Breeze147
10-16-2007, 11:30 AM
http://www.historynet.com/magazines/world_war_2/9961531.html?featured=y&c=y

I really like the strafing parts.

MEGILE
10-16-2007, 11:36 AM
How do you strafe on a gamepad? I guess you have to use both joysticks.

Breeze147
10-16-2007, 11:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Megile:
How do you strafe on a gamepad? I guess you have to use both joysticks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

?

woofiedog
10-17-2007, 03:00 AM
Excellent article... Thank's for posting.

ultraHun
10-17-2007, 03:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Breeze147:
I really like the strafing parts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you like about the strafing parts in particular?

Breeze147
10-17-2007, 05:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ultraHun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Breeze147:

What do you like about the strafing parts in particular? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, that was just a dig to another poster in another post. I actually didn't like how survivors in the water were strafed, but the ones on the barges, it was necessary, but not something to cheer about. Different era, I guess.

leitmotiv
10-17-2007, 06:39 AM
Great article. Brutal battle. Thanks, B. I remember when I first read about the actions against the survivors years ago I was blown away. War to the hilt.

Skoshi Tiger
10-17-2007, 07:24 AM
It's hard to believe how brutal some of the action was during WWII.

In 1942 my father served in AIF on the Kokoda Track campaign in New Guinea.

Not a single alied soldier that fell into Japanese hands survied captivity.

ultraHun
10-17-2007, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ultraHun:

What do you like about the strafing parts in particular? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, that was just a dig to another poster in another post. I actually didn't like how survivors in the water were strafed, but the ones on the barges, it was necessary, but not something to cheer about. Different era, I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no sorry. Sometimes a fascination of violence shows up in this forum that merits a discussion.

Breeze147
10-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Ironically, as stated in the article, the ones who survived the strafings were probably eaten by sharks, anyway. I just cannot picture myself being in a similar situation.

M_Gunz
10-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Those troops were being taken to Lae to go kill Allied soldiers on New Guinea.
Perhaps once the barge was going down all the ones in the water and lifeboats would just head
back to Rabaul instead of Lae so they could could shout ally-ally-in-come-free?

OTOH they might have gone the short distance to Lae, formed up and gone on to kill.

Now have someone point a loaded weapon at you and make threats, see how it alters your perception
from someone who is sitting back safe and making judgement calls. I can tell ya, having a loaded
rifle held pointed at your head really changes the whole scene.