PDA

View Full Version : aircraft damage

Bones_67
08-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Quick question,
I have noticed differences in external damage and cockpit damage. The external models show little damage most of the time, no small holes etc. Ive just upgraded to 1946. Is that a function of 1946 or are different airframes modeled better than others as to the level damage they show?

ie. for example, short of a wing loss ive not seen bullet or flak damage on the P-40 wing or airframe.

Thanks!

Bones_67
08-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Quick question,
I have noticed differences in external damage and cockpit damage. The external models show little damage most of the time, no small holes etc. Ive just upgraded to 1946. Is that a function of 1946 or are different airframes modeled better than others as to the level damage they show?

ie. for example, short of a wing loss ive not seen bullet or flak damage on the P-40 wing or airframe.

Thanks!

general_kalle
08-23-2008, 11:04 AM
esentially. damage looks better on the newer planes that have been added to the game at a later stage. For example if the Tempest gets hit in the engine you are able to see the engine to fantastic detail while the older me109's from the first il2 game have a more rough damage model.

M_Gunz
08-24-2008, 12:52 AM
The graphics is only an indication of the underlying numbers but still some models are less
detailed even in the numbers. You can't go exactly by how old the model is either as some
were revised to some extent, I-16 for example was worse DM than now.