PDA

View Full Version : Altair or Ezio? (POLL)

LaCava1
11-04-2010, 11:22 AM
This is simple; just pick what you think. I personally vote Altair to both questions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SlimeDynamiteD
11-04-2010, 12:08 PM
I'd say Ezio, especially in Brotherhood, in Assassin's Creed II at the beginning he was kind of an "allright" dude. From what I've seen from Brotherhood he became more of an "EPICLICIOUS AWESOMESAUCE" dude.

zomgcookie
11-04-2010, 12:18 PM
The majority is going to say Ezio as Altair did not really show that much emotion. Ezio actually behaves more like a human being. Making mistakes along the road but slowly becoming better and wiser. Wile Altair made a mistake at the start of the game and after that becomes a quiet killing machine.

SlimeDynamiteD
11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Yea maybe that's true

MolochXX
11-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Ezio has a functioning personality. So yeah, him.

itsamea-mario
11-04-2010, 01:10 PM
yeah well altair is cool, so him.

besides without altair there would be no ezio.

PhiIs1618033
11-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Ezio was a ****** at the start of the game and just plain stupid for getting in that fight.
Later on, Ezio is too driven by emotions to become a proper assassin in my eyes. He doesn't maintain control of the situation and charges into things without thinking. I don't think that fits an assassin.

Altair was also a ****** at the start of the game and just plain stupid for breaking the creed. He was arrogant and selfish. During the game, his personality changed. After Sibrand, he speaks to the Rafiq about what he feels, the doubts he has, that he feels sympathy for the men he killed. The rafiq tells him he should not reject that, it's what makes him human. Altair accepts this. He might cold, yes, but he has emotions and he is not afraid of them, in the end.

You should pay attention to what the conversations say in AC1, it's where the majority of Altair's personality comes to fruition.

In my eyes, the main difference between Altair and Ezio is that the first is an introvert, the latter an extravert. I think an assassin should be able to contain his emotions, instead of just spewing them out whenever they come by, and that's why I like Altair better.

SupraCat
11-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Altair is awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
He wrote the frickin' codex, people.

zomgcookie
11-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
Ezio was a ****** at the start of the game and just plain stupid for getting in that fight.
Later on, Ezio is too driven by emotions to become a proper assassin in my eyes. He doesn't maintain control of the situation and charges into things without thinking. I don't think that fits an assassin.

Altair was also a ****** at the start of the game and just plain stupid for breaking the creed. He was arrogant and selfish. During the game, his personality changed. After Sibrand, he speaks to the Rafiq about what he feels, the doubts he has, that he feels sympathy for the men he killed. The rafiq tells him he should not reject that, it's what makes him human. Altair accepts this. He might cold, yes, but he has emotions and he is not afraid of them, in the end.

You should pay attention to what the conversations say in AC1, it's where the majority of Altair's personality comes to fruition.

In my eyes, the main difference between Altair and Ezio is that the first is an introvert, the latter an extravert. I think an assassin should be able to contain his emotions, instead of just spewing them out whenever they come by, and that's why I like Altair better. I did pay attention thank you very much. Ezio does learn to control his emotions but the difference is he is charismatic and passionate.

ninja_7_7
11-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Altair is better. Hands down.

SlimeDynamiteD
11-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Actually... I have to withdraw my vote and vote for...

ITSA MEA!! MARIO!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BK-110
11-04-2010, 03:03 PM
They're both awesome in their own ways. Both are probably about equally skilled when at the same age, so it's hard to say who'd win.

PhiIs1618033
11-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by zomgcookie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

In my eyes, the main difference between Altair and Ezio is that the first is an introvert, the latter an extravert. I think an assassin should be able to contain his emotions, instead of just spewing them out whenever they come by, and that's why I like Altair better. I did pay attention thank you very much. Ezio does learn to control his emotions but the difference is he is charismatic and passionate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I apologize for the snide remark I made about paying attention. That was unnecessarily rude of me.

I figured Altair is pretty passoniate too, he just doesn't show it that much. If I meet a girl I'm really into, I don't tell other people. She might be on my mind a lot, but that doesn't mean I have to blurt it all out. Someone can be passionate without showing it.

If we're going to vote on just about anyone, I'll still vote Altair. :P

zomgcookie
11-04-2010, 03:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zomgcookie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

In my eyes, the main difference between Altair and Ezio is that the first is an introvert, the latter an extravert. I think an assassin should be able to contain his emotions, instead of just spewing them out whenever they come by, and that's why I like Altair better. I did pay attention thank you very much. Ezio does learn to control his emotions but the difference is he is charismatic and passionate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I apologize for the snide remark I made about paying attention. That was unnecessarily rude of me.

I figured Altair is pretty passoniate too, he just doesn't show it that much. If I meet a girl I'm really into, I don't tell other people. She might be on my mind a lot, but that doesn't mean I have to blurt it all out. Someone can be passionate without showing it.

If we're going to vote on just about anyone, I'll still vote Altair. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Fine with that, Ezio is still the bigger badass but Altair made him so ;P

PhiIs1618033
11-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by zomgcookie:
Fine with that, Ezio is still the bigger badass but Altair made him so ;P
The only thing Ezio really has over Altair is swimming and I vaguely remember something about Altair not being able to swim being a glitch in the Animus. I should look that up sometime.

Altair was capable of all the moves later on (outside of the story). A gun does not make you badass. Skills do, so I don't care about the gun, the crossbow, the poison and all that jazz.

AC-FANBOY
11-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Ezio. He can scale buildings much more FASTER then Altair.

I even went back to play AC1 after AC2 and it took so long just to scale a building....

And Ezio can swim as well.....

zomgcookie
11-04-2010, 03:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zomgcookie:
Fine with that, Ezio is still the bigger badass but Altair made him so ;P
The only thing Ezio really has over Altair is swimming and I vaguely remember something about Altair not being able to swim being a glitch in the Animus. I should look that up sometime.

Altair was capable of all the moves later on (outside of the story). A gun does not make you badass. Skills do, so I don't care about the gun, the crossbow, the poison and all that jazz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Thats what i mean, Altair created all of those moves/gadgets, but he used the apple for the gadgets so it wasn't really his doing.

d34dm4nn
11-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Ezio Owns period !!.!! Ezio Vittoria!

LaCava1
11-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by d34dm4nn:
Ezio Owns period !!.!! Ezio Vittoria!
Can I hear your reasons? I just want to know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif My reasons for Altair is that he has a brutality and feel that Ezio never seemed to have. He was trained since he could walk what it meant to be in the creed.

X10J
11-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Altazio

d34dm4nn
11-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Well for one he is Italiano and so am I http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif and second I have my reasons Ezio I like he's style the way he kills, he also has leadership.

Altair is a brutal assassin type which is very cool but Ezio is more ready to kill of course when he was young he wasn't much a born killer like Altair but Ezio has learned much and become a Wise type assassin always plans plus he has a lot of wisdom... not saying Altair doesn't but you got what I am saying?...

That's why I like Ezio. But everyone has there reasons.. by the way shows in Assassins creed brotherhood he is wiser and a leader of assassins..

LaCava1
11-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Well for one he is Italiano and so am I http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif and second I have my reasons Ezio I like he's style the way he kills, he also has leadership.

Altair is a brutal assassin type which is very cool but Ezio is more ready to kill of course when he was young he wasn't much a born killer like Altair but Ezio has learned much and become a Wise type assassin always plans plus he has a lot of wisdom... not saying Altair doesn't but you got what I am saying?...

That's why I like Ezio. But everyone has there reasons.. by the way shows in Assassins creed brotherhood he is wiser and a leader of assassins..
I see. I too am Italiano, about 80%.

XxD3fW1shxX
11-04-2010, 09:49 PM
altair all day...even tho they were both born with the ability of bein true assassins jus the way ezio was bothered the shyt outa me.... altair jus fit the creed and had his finger severed for his blade,tru badass ! lol

EijiTakayama
11-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Altair.

Ezio was a ****** at the beginning of the game. Immature, ignorant about the world around him and more a street thug than a trained assassin. As the game progressed, he grew up, learnt how to fight and assassinate people, but is still largely ignorant and is easily swayed by emotions.

Altair, on the other hand, was trained to fight and kill since he was a kid. Even his ideals were influenced by his assassin upbringing. He was far colder and amuch more efficient killer than Ezio.

CamoDawgzz
11-05-2010, 04:23 AM
Wait, theres no option for desmond?

I think Ezio is the best. He just looks so badass when hes fighting in AC:B. I know that every Altair fanatic says that Altairs is better and they just didn't have the same weapons and stuff, rabble rabble rabble, i just think Ezio just fits. He is a killing machine and he just seems to be the best assassin.

Although, we haven't seen the full potential of Desmond yet have we...

LaCava1
11-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by CamoDawgzz:
Wait, theres no option for desmond?

I think Ezio is the best. He just looks so badass when hes fighting in AC:B. I know that every Altair fanatic says that Altairs is better and they just didn't have the same weapons and stuff, rabble rabble rabble, i just think Ezio just fits. He is a killing machine and he just seems to be the best assassin.

Although, we haven't seen the full potential of Desmond yet have we...
I see your point about Ezio. But being a "killing machine" isn't being an assassin. Assassin's are stealthy. (I'm not saying Ezio's not, I just think Altair is more so)

PhiIs1618033
11-05-2010, 09:54 AM

Altair was one of the most influential leaders the assassin order ever had... Have you forgotten what happened after he killed Al Mualim? Also, I disagree on him being a brutal assassin type. Altairs kills aren't all that unrefined in my eyes, without too much flair. Ezio kills in much the same way.

In the real world, I doubt that fighting style would last long. There's too much unnecessary motions.

Originally posted by: XxD3fW1shxX
altair all day...even tho they were both born with the ability of bein true assassins jus the way ezio was bothered the shyt outa me.... altair jus fit the creed and had his finger severed for his blade,tru badass ! lol
Actually, Ezio was prepared to have his finger severed. Leonardo modded the blade on his own accord.

Originally posted by: EijiTakayama
Altair.

Ezio was a ****** at the beginning of the game. Immature, ignorant about the world around him and more a street thug than a trained assassin. As the game progressed, he grew up, learnt how to fight and assassinate people, but is still largely ignorant and is easily swayed by emotions.

Altair, on the other hand, was trained to fight and kill since he was a kid. Even his ideals were influenced by his assassin upbringing. He was far colder and amuch more efficient killer than Ezio.

Altair was a ****** at the start of the game too, not listening to Malik, killing an innocent, compromising the brotherhood because he was arrogant.

Originally posted by: CamoDawgzz
I disagree. Altair is as much a killing machine as Ezio is. Even more, maybe, because if he has decided to kill someone, he actually kills them, instead of letting them live. (Not that I mind Rodrigo not dying, it gave us AC:B, pretty much, but it's still pretty stupid IMO.)

Also, I don't think it's about fighting. In my eyes, an assassin gets in and out with the least amount of casualties, simply because the deaths of a lot of guards who were just doing their job will upset the population, which might have an impact on your social stealth capabilities.

Desmond... I think it'll be very interesting to see him in actual action. (As in assassinating someone)

dchil279
11-05-2010, 11:17 AM
I feel closer to Ezio because in AC2 Ubisoft elaborates on his story and allows him to show emotion, where as in AC1 Altair shows no emotion and you know nothing about his upbringing. That being said, I respect Altair a bit more because almost everything that Ezio learned /used was from the Codex, which Altair wrote. I don't really care who would win in a fight though, because the that's all about gameplay.

LaCava1
11-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by dchil279:
I feel closer to Ezio because in AC2 Ubisoft elaborates on his story and allows him to show emotion, where as in AC1 Altair shows no emotion and you know nothing about his upbringing. That being said, I respect Altair a bit more because almost everything that Ezio learned /used was from the Codex, which Altair wrote. I don't really care who would win in a fight though.
Interesting. But if you listen to Altair's conversations with the other Assassins in the Bureaus, it shows that he indeed has emotions.

dchil279
11-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:
I feel closer to Ezio because in AC2 Ubisoft elaborates on his story and allows him to show emotion, where as in AC1 Altair shows no emotion and you know nothing about his upbringing. That being said, I respect Altair a bit more because almost everything that Ezio learned /used was from the Codex, which Altair wrote. I don't really care who would win in a fight though.
Interesting. But if you listen to Altair's conversations with the other Assassins in the Bureaus, it shows that he indeed has emotions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you're right, he does show a bit, but Ezio has the whole sad story and everything.

Chariflame
11-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Desmond all the way.

But out of Ezio and Altair... It's like trying to pick your favourite child. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

itsamea-mario
11-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
Actually... I have to withdraw my vote and vote for...

ITSA MEA!! MARIO!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

me? why what did i... oh wait...

anyway, the only reason for better skills for ezio is that it was the second game obviously thy're going to improve gameplay.
so if we get past the barrier of considering what they can do, think more who they are.
altair would have had two hidden blades poisen blades and a hidden gun, he fricken invented them (sort of) also most of the fighting and assassination abilities where created by him, and passed down through generations of assassins.
altair was father of the 'free' assassins, it was him who decided they should have feelings, love their children etc.
not only would he have been a highly proficient killer (not a mass murder like ezio)
but he was also a philosopher, read the codex and you'll see. (also play bloodlines)

conclusion: Altair was the original badass, cool and collected.
Ezio was still a badass, except had alot more fights (which altair would have been smart enough not to get into) but is more fiery and passionate. (if not a little bit whiny)

obliviondoll
11-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I like both equally, but Altair would win in a fight.

Nick1021
11-05-2010, 04:19 PM
I like ezio more. But Altair would win the fight.
We like Ezio because we were with Ezio since birth. And Maybe he is more BA in AC:B, but he is like 50 years old in that game. You have to compare 30 year old Altair with 30 year old Ezio. And without Altair their would be no Ezio.

salted onions
11-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by childprodigy:
In a fight, I still think Altair would win.

Ezio can quickly and easily decimate a group of guards in AC2 and especially in ACB. in ACB, his fighting style from gameplay seen is practically like a dance, jumping from enemy to enemy in a flourish of graceful movements and power blows, slitting their throats and stabbing their flesh. He confuses the enemy, and intimidates them, and leaves them no room to attack just because they don't know who he will go for first.

This is fine and all against a group of inexperienced, frightened guards, but against one single a master Assassin of the same level, trained in the art of defensive fighting and countering? I think Ezio's ruthless behavior would be the death of him.

Altair's fighting style is much more methodical and slow paced. He waits for his opponent to make a move, which is when he strikes once, and strikes hard in a single fatal blow. He leaves no room for error. His stance is rigid, but his movement flows when the timing is right.

Ezio may be able to out do a group of guards due to his aggressive, terrifying efficiency and deadly blows, but against the methodical, defensive Altair, I think he had met his match.

kingmii
11-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
I'd say Ezio, especially in Brotherhood, in Assassin's Creed II at the beginning he was kind of an "allright" dude. From what I've seen from Brotherhood he became more of an "" dude. Yea but Altair was allready EPICLICIOUS AWESOMESAUCE and then if you rad the codex you find out that he becomes ultimately awesome and he could actually use the appeal unlike Ezio. but Desmond will be able to win after he finishes his training cause he has both of there skills.

AbzBalmart
11-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Tbf they're completely different types of people - Altair, the quiet unassuming one and Ezio, the bolshy one who prefers having a laugh with the ladies than killing people... Also you can't really compare them for fights as they have different sets of weapons?

Skilful-Scalpel
02-19-2011, 12:42 AM
alright here's the deal..

if u want an Assassin: Altair is ur man..why? guess all the people beat me to explaining that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

but if u want a Human being: well u always got Ezio..

but after all it's "assassin's Creed" not "Human's Creed" right?.

the thing about Ezio is that makes ppl like him is that he's mostly he's a show off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif..all moves are over done..all kills are over killed..well that could be fun..for a show, but when it comes to efficiency..Alatir does better,faster,and without grabbing that much attention! do u know how noticeable to stick 2 blades out of ur hands into 2 necks at once? xD

ShadowRage41
02-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Both are exceptional Assassins, I enjoyed both of their stories. Altair was very direct and matter a fact. When we began AC Altair was already a Master Assassin... We had the opportunity to grow with Ezio.

"The Warrior strives to reach above himself, his false perceptions, his adversaries... His highest achievement is not one of victory, but one of absolute truth."

Both were exceptional.

ArtisticSecret
02-19-2011, 02:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d34dm4nn:

I see. I too am Italiano, about 80%. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm Italian aswell which is what actually made me buy the game, then i bought AC1 after to follow the story.. lol i think all italians prefer Ezio. i Don't know any italian that's played the game that prefers Altair.

DarkVictory23
02-19-2011, 03:52 PM
I am not Italian myself (at least as far as I know), but that's one of the reasons I prefer Ezio.

I've always been interested in Italy and it's history. Prior to Assassin's Creed II, I actually was very interested mostly in ancient Rome, and didn't have much interest in the Renaissance period, but ACII has very much sparked my interest in that period as well.

So Ezio has that going for him. Also, Ezio has the double blades (double bad-*ss... yes, I know, Altair is responsible for the codex that gives you the double blades, but whatever) and I think his outfit is much cooler looking as well.

As for who would win a fight? It depends which Ezio we are talking about. Altair is pretty much an accomplished assassin since you turn on your console, Ezio grows.

Ezio by about 75% of the way through II and all of Brotherhood, I think, ultimately grows to be an even more formidable opponent than Altair (though I think Altair is still a better pure assassin), but for the first 3/4 of II, Ezio would definitely have died if he had to face someone like Altair.

Azerus44
02-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Ezio Is my choice, he has shown more of himself the Altair did, we can understand him more. Also the missions are more interesting then the AC1 so there are no monotone missions all the time. Ezio also had more extras like double blades, crossbow and the Flying Machine!

In conclusion Ezio is just an Epic Character but if Da Vinci was an option I would go for him.

iN3krO
02-19-2011, 04:14 PM
For me, if Ezio combat abilities weren't so overpowered and if ezio's enimies were stronger i would bet for Ezio... but playing as Ezio doesn't give you the same emotions that altair gives u when u think that if u don't play well, you will die.... I've never died at AC2 and at AC1 i've died over and over against templars...

Altair is way more realistic....

On a battle, would win ezio cuz his battle abilities are overpowered....

altairlord101
02-19-2011, 04:21 PM
If Altair and Ezio were in a fight, Altair would win by a long shot. He is better trained and his epic armor and sword would send Ezio back to his villa like a 2 year old. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

LaCava1
02-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by ArtisticSecret:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d34dm4nn:

I'm Italian aswell which is what actually made me buy the game, then i bought AC1 after to follow the story.. lol i think all italians prefer Ezio. i Don't know any italian that's played the game that prefers Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There's me, the maker of this thread! I definitely prefer Altair. But AC1 was the first game I ever had for PS3, and I preordered it. But I think Altair has a way cooler look, and more brutality.

k20ml
02-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Look at the time difference people! Altair only had the basics which are his hidden blade, sword, knife and throwing knives and fists but he ensured the job was done and done well. While Ezio had these gadgets at his disposal in his time era which ensured the job was done.Probably if Altair had all those tools he could probably hunt down Robert de Sable all alone with that much ease and slaughter every templar on his way. And you know what? In AC 1, every time you are hit you lose synchronization. And the means to lose synchronization is to not do what the ancestor originally did. Which means that Altair never received damage!

And what is this talk about Altair having no emotions? He had emotions! He rarely shows it because he was born and raised in the assassin order and emotions must not be an obstacle for an assassin. That is why Altair acted the way he did. He fell in love twice(Adha and Maria Thorpe)!

LaCava1
02-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by k20ml:
Look at the time difference people! Altair only had the basics which are his hidden blade, sword, knife and throwing knives and fists but he ensured the job was done and done well. While Ezio had these gadgets at his disposal in his time era which ensured the job was done.Probably if Altair had all those tools he could probably hunt down Robert de Sable all alone with that much ease and slaughter every templar on his way. And you know what? In AC 1, every time you are hit you lose synchronization. And the means to lose synchronization is to not do what the ancestor originally did. Which means that Altair never received damage!

And what is this talk about Altair having no emotions? He had emotions! He rarely shows it because he was born and raised in the assassin order and emotions must not be an obstacle for an assassin. That is why Altair acted the way he did. He fell in love twice(Adha and Maria Thorpe)!
Good stuff there, man. And Altiar did end up with all the things that Ezio had (minus the crossbow), because those things were in Altair's Codex.

ALTAIR IS AWESOME!

k20ml
02-20-2011, 09:20 AM
^ Exactly.

ILLusioNaire
02-20-2011, 09:24 AM
In my eyes, Altair is definately the more skilled assassin. The whole syncronization thing proves it. I like Altair more because he acts more like an assassin. As many have said, he keeps control of his emotions, but he doesn't suppress them. This is abundantly clear in AC1 when you're talking with the Rafiqs and Al Mualim. Ezio on the hand lets his emotions at times run wild, which clouds his judgement. But then he didn't have the same instruction Altair recieved by the early order, so he isn't as disciplined. I also like Altair because he came up with the codex, and invented a lot of the stuff Ezio uses in ACII. So, he's tougher, more calm and collected, inventive and innovative, and expresses his feelings and emotions but doesn't let them run wild.

k20ml
02-20-2011, 09:35 AM
And Altair is more likely a real person to me. He jumps from a 2 story building and he receives damage. But Ezio on the other hand, jumps from a 2 story building and did he receive any damage after carrying all those heavy equipment? NO! Instead he shrugs it off and walks away like a badbutt(I don't want to use profanity, I don't want my record to be stained) and is ready to kill for another day.

Annjul555
02-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Altair was badass cold assassin in the first missions, later he is getting so softy that i didnt like him anymore.
Ezio on the other hand in AC2 was all the time guided like child, twas annoying as hell. He had many gadgets in equipment- easier kills.
But later- he became the leader of brotherhood, well thats something.
IMO the best character is Catherina http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LaCava1
02-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Annjul555:
Altair was badass cold assassin in the first missions, later he is getting so softy that i didnt like him anymore.
Ezio on the other hand in AC2 was all the time guided like child, twas annoying as hell. He had many gadgets in equipment- easier kills.
But later- he became the leader of brotherhood, well thats something.
IMO the best character is Catherina http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Altair too became the leader of the Brotherhood, AND he also had all those gadgets eventually, because he invented them. And Altair didn't get "soft", he was always colder and more brutal than Ezio. Altair was probably feeling guilty (when he apologized near the end) knowing he had brought about the death of Malik's brother at Solomon's Temple.

Annjul555
02-20-2011, 10:41 AM
That's your opinion.

beatledude210
02-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Both are freaking awesome, but i might have to go with Ezio. Altair will still hold a place in my heart though.

rocketxsurgeon
02-20-2011, 12:18 PM
I like both, but if i had to chose it would be Ezio.

Purely because you see him grow throughout his life, he doesn't just have the skills, you watch him learn. Also, you can see emotion in him, when people close to him die.

He is also a lot different when he is younger than he is older, you see him change and become more mature.

So my vote goes to Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

o MaC BlAsTeD o
02-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Ezio has a gun, poison darts, and a parachute... Oh yeah he also has the amazing ability to swim =]. There is no doubt that Ezio would win because of the time periods. Oh yeah Ezio was able to keep his ring finger also =]

k20ml
02-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by bscPulse:
Oh yeah Ezio was able to keep his ring finger also =]

Thanks to Altair's codex.

ThaWhistle
02-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ArtisticSecret:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:

I'm Italian aswell which is what actually made me buy the game, then i bought AC1 after to follow the story.. lol i think all italians prefer Ezio. i Don't know any italian that's played the game that prefers Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now you have met one who prefers altair

LaCava1
02-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by bscPulse:
Ezio has a gun, poison darts, and a parachute... Oh yeah he also has the amazing ability to swim =]. There is no doubt that Ezio would win because of the time periods. Oh yeah Ezio was able to keep his ring finger also =]
The gun was designed and used by Altair. If you read one of the Animus manuals (can't remember where I saw it) it said "Glitch fixed; Ancestor can't swim". So it was a glitch...And Altair also redesigned the blade so Ezio could keep his finger. And Altair not once in AC1 took damage; you get hit, you lose synchronization; which means HE NEVER TOOK ANY DAMAGE AT ALL!

LaCava1
02-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ArtisticSecret:

Now you have met one who prefers altair </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And there was me before, when I said that too. So that's two.

iN3krO
02-22-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by k20ml:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bscPulse:

Thanks to Altair's codex. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nop, thanks to Leonardo Da Vinci...

LaCava1
02-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by k20ml:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bscPulse:

Nop, thanks to Leonardo Da Vinci... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Leonardo only knew what to do BECAUSE OF THE CODEX. The Codex had the instructions.

iN3krO
02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by k20ml:

Leonardo only knew what to do BECAUSE OF THE CODEX. The Codex had the instructions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No... at the finger part it was 100% leo idea...
He says at ac2: Originally you had to cut it off, but i've changed somethings so you could keep your finger (or anything like date, i'm translating from spanish so it may not be word to word 100% like that, but he says something like that)

LaCava1
02-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Leonardo only knew what to do BECAUSE OF THE CODEX. The Codex had the instructions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No... at the finger part it was 100% leo idea...
He says at ac2: Originally you had to cut it off, but i've changed somethings so you could keep your finger (or anything like date, i'm translating from spanish so it may not be word to word 100% like that, but he says something like that) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you mean this;
Leo: Now, to remove your ring finger.
Ezio: What?
Leo:The blade is designed to ensure the commitment of whoever wields it.
Ezio: Fine... Let's get it over with.
Leo: *slams hatchet near Ezio's hand* Just kidding; the blade no longer requires a sacrifice.

He read that the blade originally needed the ring finger removed, but Altair was able to change the design.
*EDIT*
Here's something straight from the Hidden Blade page of the Wiki.
"In his own time as an Assassin, Giovanni Auditore also wielded a hidden blade, albeit one that had been modified with the times. As outlined in the Codex, the revised blade had been designed by Alta´r so that the Assassins, who he intended to go undercover, could not be identified by their lack of a ring finger."

zabaranak
02-25-2011, 01:58 AM
i like them both equally but i think in a fight Altair would win, as he his wiser than ezio and also braver, ezio runs in AC2 when his sword gets knocked out his hand but Altair would just pull out his dagger and cut them to pieces
but personally i like Desmond.

Xerana
02-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Altair is more masculine in his personality than Ezio. Ezio is kind of a pansy.
Yea im a girl :D

lukaszep
02-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Whilst Ezio's story and character is so much easier to relate to and get emotionally invested in, i had to vote Altair.
On the surface, there isn't much too Altair's character, but in reality (well in the games) there really is SO much depth to him. And his story is really powerful and emotional if you look at the big picture. I wish AC:R had been the other way around if i'm honest.. Altair in Constantinople and the rest of life in Mongolia etc. then using the apple to see Ezio, using that story device to play Ezio missions (like the Altair seals, but..different). Then in the final part of the story (SPOILERS) when the camera pans 360 around the chair in the library, when Ezio's there, you take over as him and finish the game. *satisfied sigh*
Altair needed the extra development, not Ezio. Would have made AC:R even more impactful to Desmond and AC3 i think. But whatever, i still love AC:R.

Edit: Oh, i just helped resurrect a dead thread. Oops. :rolleyes:

Dieinthedark
02-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Altair

Azula2005
02-17-2012, 10:19 PM
I can't quit say..

I LOVE ALTAIR when he's old with a long beard, it makes him seem so royal and noble..like a true mentor.
But who doesn't love EZio ??

idk man if i had too, i would say Ezio.

imonthenet
02-17-2012, 10:55 PM
In my opinion Alta´r had a bigger effect on the Assassin order. Before he became the 'big man' the order wouldn't let children associate with their parents, would only perform public kills and wouldn't let the Assassins kill with poison. On the other hand, Ezio as a character had more depth not only because he had three games but because they spanned 40+ years. So i see it like this: Alta´r is the better Assassin, and Ezio is the better character. And this is why I voted for both

Chariflame
02-18-2012, 01:49 AM
The real answer is Desmond.

Limed_-
02-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Altair was more badass..

Acrimonious_Nin
02-18-2012, 02:54 AM
altair was easy to control unlike ezio

ezio welll......

http://a.images.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/14798816.jpg

ElTORO713
02-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Altair is way better more experience and he knew what he was doing he wasnt just doing all of what he did bcuz he was dragged into he did it bcuz he did it bcuz he chose to live by the creed Ezio was way emotional about everything calm it down a bit its not that hard to choose a path to walk down

zStrictStyle
02-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Altair was so badass,even at 92.But Ezio at 65 lol

LightRey
02-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Old thread is stilll old.

rafiqul84
02-18-2012, 10:48 PM
think some people on this purposely voted to make them even... suspicous:confused:

ShaneO7K
02-19-2012, 02:11 PM
http://i.qkme.me/358le6.jpg

gamertam
02-19-2012, 10:54 PM
As of now of this posting the poll is at dead even: 70 for Altair and 70 for Ezio. So i guess i'll be the tie-breaker and say Altair(71), period. Because of his fighting ability but for me personally-- Ezio Auditore da Firenze will forever be IT. I mean, he's part of the 30 Characters that defined a Decade in Gameinformer. We've seen him from birth to the end of his life time. I can see that, i can relate to that much more than i would with Altair. Sure Ezio wears his emotions on his shelves but so what?. That didn't hindered his task at all did it? That's the humanity aspect i truly can relate with. So again, i do like Altair alot but in the end. In the end, Ezio lives...

(Long Lives Ezio Auditore da Firenze.)

JumpInTheFire13
02-20-2012, 03:43 AM
yeah well altair is cool, so him.

besides without altair there would be no ezio. I was going to climb through the internet and punch you until I realized you posted that in 2010.

The_DylzZ
05-20-2012, 03:49 PM

In my eyes, the main difference between Altair and Ezio is that the first is an introvert, the latter an extravert. I think an assassin should be able to contain his emotions, instead of just spewing them out whenever they come by, and that's why I like Altair better.

Your an Idiot! Ezio wasn't stupid for getting into that fight. He was a 17 year old teenager. And the Pazzi were bad people anyway, there was nothing wrong with that fight.
And besides At the End of AC2 Ezio controls his emotions more. but in Brotherhood and Revelations you can still feel the emotions within him even though he's still quieter.

On the other hand Altair is actually the one who gets too angry, He's the main reason that His wife was stabbed, because he was angry when He used the apple which caused the apple to make the other assassin stab maria.

Ezio is a better assassin in that way

The_DylzZ
05-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Altair is Crap as compared to Ezio. Seriously Ezio killed way more people and with way more SKILLS. + equipment

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 03:57 PM
[/I][/I]

Your an Idiot! Ezio wasn't stupid for getting into that fight. He was a 17 year old teenager. And the Pazzi were bad people anyway, there was nothing wrong with that fight.
And besides At the End of AC2 Ezio controls his emotions more. but in Brotherhood and Revelations you can still feel the emotions within him even though he's still quieter.

On the other hand Altair is actually the one who gets too angry, He's the main reason that His wife was stabbed, because he was angry when He used the apple which caused the apple to make the other assassin stab maria.

Ezio is a better assassin in that way
Welcome to the forums..
I dont think you know the rules of this place, we are respectful of each other and completely appreciate others` varied opinions..
So calling him an idiot for having a different opinion was not necessary and uncalled for.

itsamea-mario
05-20-2012, 04:49 PM
sorry about this M, after all it is an opinion.

Altair is Crap as compared to Ezio. Seriously Ezio killed way more people and with way more SKILLS. + equipment

Seriously!? you think killing WAY more guards makes him a better assassin? If anything that's a negative.
And more skills, what do you expect from a sequel, AC2 is bound to have more moves and equipment that AC1, doesn't make the protagonist any better.
Besides you're judging based on one aspect of their character alone, their combat ability, and there's way more to each of them than that.

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 04:51 PM
sorry about this M, after all it is an opinion.

Seriously!? you think killing WAY more guards makes him a better assassin? If anything that's a negative.
And more skills, what do you expect from a sequel, AC2 is bound to have more moves and equipment that AC1, doesn't make the protagonist any better.
Besides you're judging based on one aspect of their character alone, their combat ability, and there's way more to each of them than that.
Oh no do not apologize :D
Rational and polite arguments do not offend me in any way :D
His post, however; irked me :p

itsamea-mario
05-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I wasn't trying to be polite or rational, that just kind of happened...

OriginalMiles
05-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Altair, no questions asked.

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 06:05 PM
I wasn't trying to be polite or rational, that just kind of happened...
You weren't trying hard enough..:p

SlowBlo
05-20-2012, 06:17 PM
Let the fanboy wars BEGIN!!!

I picked Altair. He has always been my favorite because his character is what got me into the series. I think that may change when Conner comes into the picture. Him and Conner seem to have a lot of similarities from what I've seen.

Black_Widow9
05-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Let's keep all insults and language out of this Thread or it will be locked. ;)

Assassin_M
05-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Let's keep all insults and language out of this Thread or it will be locked. ;)
Can we do it in another thread ?

Stormpen
05-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Let the fanboy wars BEGIN!!!

I picked Altair. He has always been my favorite because his character is what got me into the series. I think that may change when Conner comes into the picture. Him and Conner seem to have a lot of similarities from what I've seen.

They both don't smile too often, that's true.

I always felt that Altair had a lot more depth than Ezio, even though ubi evolved Ezio more than Altair.

No time like the present. :rolleyes:

LordWolv
05-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Everyone, look at this properly.
Asking who you prefer; Altair or Ezio, is like asking a mother which child she prefers.
Both of her children would have different qualities she likes, but will also have qualities she doesn't like so much; but if you ask her who she prefers she wouldn't be able to pick.

I think the situation is pretty darn similar with Altair and Ezio. People are going to argue, but people have their own views, and both Altair AND Ezio have awesome moments and not so good moments. What is why I'm not going to vote.

aarrox
05-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Ezio FTW !

Black_Widow9
05-21-2012, 07:27 PM
If you want to take a Forum Holiday by all means continue. :p But really.

Assassin_M
05-21-2012, 10:55 PM
If you want to take a Forum Holiday by all means continue. :p But really.
I heard holidays were fun, Shade seemed to have fun when he had them :p
Seriously, though I`ll just stop :rolleyes:

xOMGITSJASONx
05-22-2012, 05:39 AM
Altair it started with him right?

MaKaVeLiTL
05-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Altair is boring, definitely Ezio.

krazzyfour5
07-07-2012, 07:49 PM
ezio has better abilities, a gun, poison darts, bombs, hookblade etc. etc. Ezio also has a cool personality, awesome combat, & better clothes than just white. so i like ezio better

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 07:51 PM
ezio has better abilities, a gun, poison darts, bombs, hookblade etc. etc. Ezio also has a cool personality, awesome combat, & better clothes than just white. so i like ezio better

All of those minus the poison darts, bombs Altair made. Hook blade wont change much.
You are mixing game mechanics with actual abilities. In Rev, Altair fought exactly the same.
Altair made Armor of Altair
/thread.

NeroInfernoF7
07-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Ezio was a more emotional person, that's why I like him more.

LightRey
07-07-2012, 08:03 PM
All of those minus the poison darts, bombs Altair made. Hook blade wont change much.
You are mixing game mechanics with actual abilities. In Rev, Altair fought exactly the same.
Altair made Armor of Altair
/thread.
Alta´r never made any bombs.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Key word being minus.

LightRey
07-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Key word being minus.
missing key word being "and".

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Pretty sure it is understandable..../:
Plus, bombs wont do much on a constantly moving Assassin. And smoke is useless as he has Eagle Vision/Sense.

LightRey
07-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Pretty sure it is understandable..../:
Plus, bombs wont do much on a constantly moving Assassin. And smoke is useless as he has Eagle Vision/Sense.
Actually, it wasn't as as it's currently written it implies the part after the comma being a separate point unrelated to the word "minus", hence the confusion.