PDA

View Full Version : My opinion on Assassin's Creed III and possibly IV?

LordWolv
12-12-2010, 11:36 PM
The setting for the next game will be very important. I definatly don't think they should make a Japan setting, it would turn way too ninja and to be honest Assassin's Creed isn't like that.

Ever since AC, I have been waiting until a full Desmond game comes out. The point is that the Animus is training precisely for actually fighting the templars, but it doesn't look like ACIII will be a full Desmond game.

And do you think that there will actually be an ACIV? I mean, I'm pretty sure they will be able to pretty much destroy the Templars in a next title. I picture for ACIII a great escape from Abstergo, Desmond looking for the Assassins and can't find them, looks for another Object of Eden (or whatever they're called) and finally meets up with the assassins at the end (Obviously, things explained in the middle). I'd love that.

What do you think?

eagleforlife1
12-13-2010, 01:28 AM
I definitely don't want a full Desmond game. Ubisoft has got something unique here where we interact with real historical characters and events. If a future AC was solely playable as Desmond it would be just another modern day killing game.

RzaRecta357
12-13-2010, 01:35 AM
I think theyre gonna repaint some stuff and give us another game before AC 3. They'll think, hey...GTA can do it.

Then, they'll release AC3 in 2012 like they probably intended before they were forced to churn out another game in 2011.

X10J
12-13-2010, 01:37 AM
I was sure that AC3 was going to be released in 2012. Source?

RzaRecta357
12-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Umm, just google ubisoft new assassins creed 2011 and you'll see posts on like joystiq and what not.

This is why I think they're just gonna give us another spin off game before 3.

Maybe they have two teams..one that's been working on AC3 since AC2 released.

X10J
12-13-2010, 01:43 AM
Lost Legcy?

RzaRecta357
12-13-2010, 01:49 AM
No wasn't that announced a long time ago?

This announcement was a few days after ACB came out saying they made so much money that they are forced to create another game.

Then they quoted the new head guy that isn't patrice. He said I know what I said (As he said they were gonna give AC a breather in 2011.) but it doesn't matter because in the end it's all about the money and he doesn't get the final say.

Bah, here I just went and found the link after writing all that haha.

Here ya go! (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/26/another-big-assassins-creed-next-year-brotherhood-sells-over/)

X10J
12-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Yes it was. I thought you meant release date.

Thats painful.

Thats sad.

Thank you.

Matanooska
12-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I definitely don't want a full Desmond game. Ubisoft has got something unique here where we interact with real historical characters and events. If a future AC was solely playable as Desmond it would be just another modern day killing game.

I agree.

Desmond is by far the least interesting part of these games. After seeing the map showing all of the presumed sites of the Pieces of Eden (at the end of both of the AC games) I would hope that there would be a release for each site. Granted, it will seem like milking the franchise to some cork-sniffers, but as long as the games are good and the storyline is as compelling as it's been, then I'm in with my $60.

Redfeather1975
12-13-2010, 06:55 AM
As much as I like the games, I don't want Ubisoft staff to dread making this stuff.

If the people working on each game just want to farm it out, because its becoming more about getting work done to make monies, and less about cultivating and expressing their imagination, then it is going to show.

"Tu, was du willst"