PDA

View Full Version : A quick question that's bugging me...please answer...

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 09:15 AM
When redeeming a content code for the game, do you need the game in? Or can you just redeem the content, without the game being in?

xx-pyro
10-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Depends on if you use the PlayStation Store/XBOX Market to redeem it (meaning the game doesn't have to be in and the code likely comes on a piece of paper inside the package,) or if you input the code on a menu in the game and it unlocks the item that way.

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
Depends on if you use the PlayStation Store/XBOX Market to redeem it (meaning the game doesn't have to be in and the code likely comes on a piece of paper inside the package,) or if you input the code on a menu in the game and it unlocks the item that way.

Its Xbox Market, so you answered my question. Thank you! =) And can you play offline with the content after redeeming it?

xx-pyro
10-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

Its Xbox Market, so you answered my question. Thank you! =) And can you play offline with the content after redeeming it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a PS3 but I assume it functions the same. Once you download and install it from the XBOX Market to your XBOX, it is no longer linked to your XBL Account, it's downloaded directly to your XBOX's hard drive. You should be able to play offline with it (assuming it's SP content, obviously.)

EDIT: In my previous post I said you don't have to have the game in to download it if you use XBOX/PS Store. You still need the game in to play/use the content (unless it's Embers or something like that.)

GeneralTrumbo
10-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

Its Xbox Market, so you answered my question. Thank you! =) And can you play offline with the content after redeeming it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a PS3 but I assume it functions the same. Once you download and install it from the XBOX Market to your XBOX, it is no longer linked to your XBL Account, it's downloaded directly to your XBOX's hard drive. You should be able to play offline with it (assuming it's SP content, obviously.)

EDIT: In my previous post I said you don't have to have the game in to download it if you use XBOX/PS Store. You still need the game in to play/use the content (unless it's Embers or something like that.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I figured that you had to have it in to USE the content, but what I meant was can you redeem the content then just play the game anytime after; with the content intact?

xx-pyro
10-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GeneralTrumbo:

EDIT: In my previous post I said you don't have to have the game in to download it if you use XBOX/PS Store. You still need the game in to play/use the content (unless it's Embers or something like that.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I figured that you had to have it in to USE the content, but what I meant was can you redeem the content then just play the game anytime after; with the content intact? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, assuming you use the same XBOX and don't buy a new one (in which case you will have to re-download it, which will be free as long as you use the same XBGT.)