PDA

View Full Version : How should AI be improved?

crash3
05-27-2011, 04:55 PM
i think its safe to say that the vast majority of players want a more challenging game so heres one aspect of the game that we all wanted improving but how do you want it improving? here are my ideas to start off with..

if anyone plays THE SABOTEUR theyll know where i got these ideas from

Climbing buildings surely is against the law, guards should get suspicious if they see you climbing buildings

if guards see you with your weapon drawn they should get suspicious and move over to investigate you at which point they are very easy to provoke so will easily attack you

if you kill a guard or anyone for that matter in a public street a suspicious zone should appear on your minimap and guards automatically arrive at this suspicious zone and if they see you within this zone they will be suspicious of you

if you start a fight, the more/longer you fight back the worse the situation gets with more elite guards arriving and in greater numbers, this should be like the nazi alarm system from the SABOTEUR, then you are focred to flee and hide or else you will be overwhelmed and killed

if you are seen killing someone in the street there should alo be civilian eye-witnesses that call for the guard, you can eiher run away from the area or bribe the civilian eye-witness to stop them from calling the guards

if you have high notoriety there should be hired templar agents that try to kill you at random times, similar to the unexpected ambushes from the thief gangs in ACB only these agents will be a lot more skilled and harder to defeat so you may have to flee or call in assistance from other assassins

hopefully that wasnt to long-winded, id like to hear what everyone had to say so please commment thanks!

donngold
05-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Sounds reasonable and a nice addition

GunnarGunderson
05-27-2011, 05:20 PM
If guards catch a long enough glimpse of you they should go check out where they thought they saw you. And guards should start poking through crowds and hiding places if they find a dead body in public and they should go on high alert if they find a body in a restricted area

kriegerdesgottes
05-27-2011, 05:26 PM
All I ask is that if you kill a guard or especially a group of guards within seeing distance of more guards standing like 10ft away those guards should consider restraining or trying to stop you.

iN3krO
05-27-2011, 06:23 PM
only don't like more guards arriving... maybe the guards that get scared you should run after them and kill before they call backup (like in one mission of AcB) but don't make guards appear from.. hmmm the 4th dimension?

The rest i'm on for it...

Maybe i would love to fight a templar agent :P

kriegerdesgottes
05-27-2011, 08:54 PM
hmm I like your "guards run for help idea" but I hate when you finally find someone to brutally murder for no reason and then you kill lets say two out of 4 guys and then the other two run away. I hate that it's so annoying because sometimes you look all over and can't find any guards anywhere and then you find some and they run. I want to fight not chase down some pansy guard. Plus if there are tons of guards you have the choice to destroy them all or run and hide/blend in so the people always crying about stealth will be happier.

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
hmm I like your "guards run for help idea" but I hate when you finally find someone to brutally murder for no reason and then you kill lets say two out of 4 guys and then the other two run away. I hate that it's so annoying because sometimes you look all over and can't find any guards anywhere and then you find some and they run. I want to fight not chase down some pansy guard. Plus if there are tons of guards you have the choice to destroy them all or run and hide/blend in so the people always crying about stealth will be happier.

LOOOL... i think u don't understand what we mean with stealth... in Ac1 if i find guars (except templars) i fight them... i just try to not meet them cuz it was hard on my first runs....

You are already coming here with GTA mind.. KILL KILL KILL!!!... guards are normal ppl that are paid to make citzens safe, why would an assasin want to kill them? that's no sense...You should want to fight them when it's NEEDED and you would need to kill the guard running away to don't have to kill more guards, cuz you are a good person and not a murder...

Plus, the guards don't run away instantly, normally they only start running after we kill 4 guards and the max group size is 4 guards so if you are not dumb you will never need to run after one...

Chases are one of the things i like in Ac, with my idea, ubisoft would have a good opportunity to work more on them, but once again, i'm not everyone and there are few gamers like me...

crash3
05-28-2011, 04:36 AM
hopefully the game will be challenging enough to the extent that we only fight guards when absolutely necessary, say if they are attacking you or if there is no escape say from a building and you have to fight your way out

if we carry out an unprovoked attack on guards there should be severe consequences, especially if they are just regular city guards, not templar owned guards, maybe you lose support from the people or you are hunted down as you are a murderer or something

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
hopefully the game will be challenging enough to the extent that we only fight guards when absolutely necessary.

if we carry out an unprovoked attack on guards there should be severe consequences, especially if they are just regular city guards, not templar owned guards, maybe you lose support from the people or you are hunted down as you are a murderer or something

interesting, i gave some suggestions in these subject :P hehe

crash3
05-28-2011, 04:44 AM
also to the guy who spoke about the seeing distance, i totally agree, you could be walking in a restricted area and you can clearly see a guard facing in your direction and yet they dont detect you until you are pretty close

guards should be able to spot you from further away and have a better line of site because escaping guards in AC2 and ACB was sooo easy!

roostersrule2
05-28-2011, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

LOOOL... i think u don't understand what we mean with stealth... in Ac1 if i find guars (except templars) i fight them... i just try to not meet them cuz it was hard on my first runs....

You are already coming here with GTA mind.. KILL KILL KILL!!!... guards are normal ppl that are paid to make citzens safe, why would an assasin want to kill them? that's no sense...You should want to fight them when it's NEEDED and you would need to kill the guard running away to don't have to kill more guards, cuz you are a good person and not a murder...

Plus, the guards don't run away instantly, normally they only start running after we kill 4 guards and the max group size is 4 guards so if you are not dumb you will never need to run after one...

Chases are one of the things i like in Ac, with my idea, ubisoft would have a good opportunity to work more on them, but once again, i'm not everyone and there are few gamers like me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only some guards because if you played the ac2 bonfire of the vanities dlc ezio says there rodrigo borgias men so the guards in red are templars the and the other colour guards are protecting citizens

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Chases are one of the things i like in Ac, with my idea, ubisoft would have a good opportunity to work more on them, but once again, i'm not everyone and there are few gamers like me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only some guards because if you played the ac2 bonfire of the vanities dlc ezio says there rodrigo borgias men so the guards in red are templars the and the other colour guards are protecting citizens </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

borgia's guards are normal guards that are working for borgia, they have no idea of the templars...

notafanboy
05-28-2011, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roostersrule2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

only some guards because if you played the ac2 bonfire of the vanities dlc ezio says there rodrigo borgias men so the guards in red are templars the and the other colour guards are protecting citizens </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

borgia's guards are normal guards that are working for borgia, they have no idea of the templars... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>they do work for the templars, they just dont know it themselves.

crash3
05-28-2011, 08:37 AM
templar guards should be more alert and aggressive, possibly more skilled too

neutral guards probably know of the assassins and the good work they try to do, so if you get into a fight with neutral guards there should be more severe consequences

in ACB i found it so frustrting and unrealistic how i could casually go around the whole city slaughtering dozens of guards without consequences, especially when you wear capes that dontincrease yur nototriety

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 08:51 AM
templar guards should be more alert and aggressive, possibly more skilled too

neutral guards probably know of the assassins and the good work they try to do, so if you get into a fight with neutral guards there should be more severe consequences

in ACB i found it so frustrting and unrealistic how i could casually go around the whole city slaughtering dozens of guards without consequences, especially when you wear capes that dontincrease yur nototriety

if the game was harder u wouldn't kill those guards :P

On the part of neutral guards, they would know this only if you do side-missions... if u don't they would be really NEUTRAL and if you do they would be friendly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Turkiye96
05-28-2011, 10:03 AM
while i dont really like the idea of the guards being becoming suspicious when climbing coz it slows you down having to kill people every time you go up and try to be sneaky, like the idea of the weapon drawn but i just think the crowd should react to it like in AC1 dont like to suspicious zone, all the guards who can see you or are close will already go for you while the red zones take care of buildings under high guard. i like the idea that guards with higher difficulty should come as you fight for longer, however if you are able to kill them quickly then they wont come, also they should come one by one like in AC1 and have a limit of 10 at most! dont like the idea that people should snitch on the assassins as he is trying to help them and kill bad oppressing guards. But I love your idea of Special Templar agents to randomly try and kill you maybe like in multiplayer where he just walks to you and then when he is really close so stabs you :P

ILLusioNaire
05-28-2011, 10:42 AM
i think its safe to say that the vast majority of players want a more challenging game so heres one aspect of the game that we all wanted improving but how do you want it improving? here are my ideas to start off with..

if anyone plays THE SABOTEUR theyll know where i got these ideas from

Climbing buildings surely is against the law, guards should get suspicious if they see you climbing buildings

if guards see you with your weapon drawn they should get suspicious and move over to investigate you at which point they are very easy to provoke so will easily attack you

if you kill a guard or anyone for that matter in a public street a suspicious zone should appear on your minimap and guards automatically arrive at this suspicious zone and if they see you within this zone they will be suspicious of you

if you start a fight, the more/longer you fight back the worse the situation gets with more elite guards arriving and in greater numbers, this should be like the nazi alarm system from the SABOTEUR, then you are focred to flee and hide or else you will be overwhelmed and killed

if you are seen killing someone in the street there should alo be civilian eye-witnesses that call for the guard, you can eiher run away from the area or bribe the civilian eye-witness to stop them from calling the guards

if you have high notoriety there should be hired templar agents that try to kill you at random times, similar to the unexpected ambushes from the thief gangs in ACB only these agents will be a lot more skilled and harder to defeat so you may have to flee or call in assistance from other assassins

hopefully that wasnt to long-winded, id like to hear what everyone had to say so please commment thanks!

I'd like to comment. I always wanted to see the guards become more challenging ever after ACII. The guards are dumb, predictable, and slow. No wonder we can rape them every time.

Point #1: I whole heartedly agree. IN ACII or ACB all guards do is just stare at you and either make fun of you or deem you insane or drunk. True guards wouldn't act like that. They would most certainly be drawn to make you come down, and if you don't, then they'd chase you.

Point #2: Again, I fully agree with this here as well. It only makes sense that guards would be provoked or become suspicious if you have your weapon drawn. I remember the guards from ACI were much better. They would mock you if you had your weapon drawn and they ran you down like hell, unlike the Italian guards. Those crusades must've kept them in shape, lol.

Point #3: Yes, or they might just attack you right away if they see you, lol. You're the only one with weapons strapped to your side. So... but I agree with this. They should immediately start looking for a killer in the area. Guards will congregate and conduct a search in buildings, haystacks, rooftops, everywhere.

Point #4: Hm. I don't know if I would fully agree with this here. If we are in the wilderness and I engage some guards I don't think guards from way in the city are going to abandon their posts to come fight me. And they wouldn't even know in the first place unless somebody went running to send word. Before they even get there the guards would be dead. It takes time for word to get around. Guards in the vicinity will probably be drawn to the fight, but it would take time for other guards int he city to come and get to you.

What's more is after killing 50 or so guards, the morale level would probably break. You aren't going to mess with a guy who just slaughtered a platoon single-handedly. Even if they got you, you would still take a lot more of them with you. Realistically, not many men are willing to risk their lives against such odds. He may be one man, but killing fifty others...it's like you're going up against somebody much greater.

If everybody had guns then I wouldn't see the problem, but when you have to go up against him hand to hand, I doubt it.

Point #5: I like this idea, but what does it really matter? The guards hardly pose a threat, and you would just be wasting your money on the person unless there was a real reason for bribing them. Perhaps bribing would just serve as a means to keep your notoriety down.

Point #6: Yes. Yes. Yes! I agree witht his here. I like the idea of Templar Agents coming after you to kill you. There could be different kinds, and then MAJOR ones that are like bosses. And sometimes, after you send a few of them back dead, they could come at you three at a time. But they should be hard to kill. Not super hard, but hard. This would be awesome in ACR.

Point #7: Guards need to be faster overall and pursue you even longer. IT should be very hard to escape guards. That's what made AC1 so fun. The guards would chase you anywhere and for a long time. And I loved how they would say things like "Well done! Well done!", or "I got better things to do than chase crooks!", [or something along those lines, lol] when you escape. They need to bring these things back for ACR.

Anyway, bottom line, YES, guards need to be upgraded big time. They should become suspicious of you much more easily, they should be harder to fight, harder to kill, and harder to flee away from as well. They also need to be smarter.

IIwangcarsII
05-28-2011, 10:58 AM
They shouldn't be so freakin dumb! And what the hell was the point in the life bars flashing before they hit you? That was ridiculous and pretty much pointless, besides making the game easier for little kids who shouldn't be playing the game!

ILLusioNaire
05-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Their icons blinking only should've been seen with Eagle Vision. But I thought that DID make things way too easy.

IIwangcarsII
05-28-2011, 11:09 AM
I just didn't look at the health bars so I didn't know when they were going to attack. I liked AC1 for the random attacks and being able to counter you, taking you to the ground with a knee.

ILLusioNaire
05-28-2011, 11:17 AM
I may be mistaken, but isn't there a way to take all that crap off?

IIwangcarsII
05-28-2011, 11:22 AM
I dont think so, when I go into options all I see is take blood off. Even though I cant see many people actually disabling blood. lol

kriegerdesgottes
05-28-2011, 11:57 AM
You can take all that stuff off by turning off your HUD in options. You can even choose what to have on and what to take off. I personally play with everything off except the map and I only leave the map because it shows where your assassination targets are when you play missions.

IIwangcarsII
05-28-2011, 11:59 AM
But I've turned the HUD off before And it took everything off! I couldn't control it!

Mutant524
05-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Guards are too easy to kill.

All I seem to do is hold RT and press X a lot. They should at least make you work for a kill. Even the big fat dudes who can take out two health boxes with one swing are easy -I just kick 'em, press B to grab 'em then hit X to kill them.

Piece of cake.

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
But I've turned the HUD off before And it took everything off! I couldn't control it!

I did Ac1 without HUD and without seeing the Map... only that i didn't do all the investigations cuz it was hard to find them...

It's really a challenge to do the game so http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

crash3
05-29-2011, 10:56 AM
the game should be genuinely harder in terms of gameplay and AI, not by us taking off our HUDs in an attempt to make the game harder, all thathappens then is that you dont always know where your going which wastes time

Calvarok
05-29-2011, 11:58 AM
The most important things for me are: Enemies are always TRYING to surround you, and when they do, they should attack you all at once. Guards on rooftops should pay attention to what's going down in the street below. Guards on the street should search the rooftops if you kill one of them with a ranged weapon from there. GUARDS SHOULD LISTEN TO CIVILLIANS TELLING THEM THAT SOMEONE HAS BEEN KILLED. Guards should try to stop you if you're freerunning all over the place, but not violently. They should just try to tackle you.

DavisP92
05-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
The most important things for me are: Enemies are always TRYING to surround you, and when they do, they should attack you all at once. Guards on rooftops should pay attention to what's going down in the street below. Guards on the street should search the rooftops if you kill one of them with a ranged weapon from there. GUARDS SHOULD LISTEN TO CIVILLIANS TELLING THEM THAT SOMEONE HAS BEEN KILLED. Guards should try to stop you if you're freerunning all over the place, but not violently. They should just try to tackle you.

good idea if u look at the teaser trailer u can see that ezio is surrounded by all the soldiers. but if they do that then u should be able to counter at least two ppl at once (also shown in the teaser trailer)

iN3krO
05-29-2011, 12:25 PM
the game should be genuinely harder in terms of gameplay and AI, not by us taking off our HUDs in an attempt to make the game harder, all thathappens then is that you dont always know where your going which wastes time

Well i've removed the hud and didn't see the map cuz it made me feel that altair was a person... it gave me a better simulation gameplay and it was really nice, now i know all the cities of Ac1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Inorganic9_2
05-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Can we get rid of, or at least have a better way of escaping agile guards? Ok, maybe have guards who can sprint slightly faster than Ezio, but don't let them do crazy free-running. I thought the point of being able to do that as an Assassin is because most people can't.

iN3krO
05-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Can we get rid of, or at least have a better way of escaping agile guards? Ok, maybe have guards who can sprint slightly faster than Ezio, but don't let them do crazy free-running. I thought the point of being able to do that as an Assassin is because most people can't.

Why there can't be "bolts" in a game?....

I like them but it would be better if it was harder to kill the guards so you would really try to not meet guards cuz u woudlnt be able to kill them fast or to run away fast...

crash3
05-29-2011, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

I like them but it would be better if it was harder to kill the guards so you would really try to not meet guards cuz u woudlnt be able to kill them fast or to run away fast... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly anyway ezio will be in his 50s in ACR, he may be slower than before, guards will more easily surround him, in which case we are forced to use smokes bombs or call in assistance from other assassins,

which would be good because i have never struggled in a figh to the extent where i have to use smoke bombs or get help

iN3krO
05-29-2011, 03:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

I like them but it would be better if it was harder to kill the guards so you would really try to not meet guards cuz u woudlnt be able to kill them fast or to run away fast... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly anyway ezio will be in his 50s in ACR, he may be slower than before, guards will more easily surround him, in which case we are forced to use smokes bombs or call in assistance from other assassins,

which would be good because i have never struggled in a figh to the extent where i have to use smoke bombs or get help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, instead of be forced to do that you'll be forced to avoid them like in Ac1... would love to make it as hard as before to make ppl try to avoid guards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

donngold
05-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Also why the hell does the mini map show guards i dont see the point.

crash3
05-30-2011, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by donngold:

i see your point, but if you are iniltrating a restricted zone, the red dots should still show

or it could be part of the differet levls of dificulty that many people wanted implemented into the game

EASY= red guard dots
MEDIUM= red dots only in restricted areas
HARD= no dots all you have to look out for guards yourself

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 08:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by donngold:

i see your point, but if you are iniltrating a restricted zone, the red dots should still show

or it could be part of the differet levls of dificulty that many people wanted implemented into the game

EASY= red guard dots
MEDIUM= red dots only in restricted areas
HARD= no dots all you have to look out for guards yourself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why make the game with 3 options?

You should start a game and there should pop-up an options tab:

Combat: Easy - Medium - Hard (changes your and ezio damage)

Stealthy: Easy - Medium - Hard (changes the dots in the mini map, easy shows guards and hidden places, medium shows guards and hard doesn't show).

Hidden Blade: Easy - Medium - Hard - Very Hard(Easy AcB like, Medium Ac2 like, Hard Ac1 like with killstreaks, Very Hard Ac1 type)

Player's Gun: Easy - Medium - Hard (easy fast and kills with one shot EVERY GUARD, medium slow and klls one shot EVERY GUARD, hard slow and kill with two shots the brutus-like guards)

Guard's Gunhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gifeasy needs 3 shots to kill you when max bar, medium 2 shots and hard 1 shot)

Player's Crossbow: Easy - Medium - Hard (kill brutus with 1, 2 or 3 bolts.. always aims fast)

Guard's Crossbow: Easy - Medium - Hard (kill you when with max health with 3, 2 or 1 bolt)

Fall Damage: Easy - Hard (easy don't change damage, hard makes you lose many damage)

Armor penalty: No - Yes (Yes -> lose speed while running, scaling and in combat, jumps near)

It would be much better so we could chose what we prefer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

crash3
05-30-2011, 11:16 AM
i get your idea but its way too complicated
there should juat be EASY, MEDIUM , HARD and there should just be a list under each difficulty stating what each difficulty does to the game

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 01:26 PM
i get your idea but its way too complicated
there should juat be EASY, MEDIUM , HARD and there should just be a list under each difficulty stating what each difficulty does to the game

Well.. like in nfs:shift (where i got my idea from) there should be standart Easy, medium and hard and then, there could be a key saying: Advance. you press it and it pop-ups the tab as i said...

Do you think it would be better than? :P

AMuppetMatt
05-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Really like the idea of the difficulty except with the Crossbow idea. It doesn't matter how much armour you've got you fire a crossbow bolt from the sort of range you see in ACBrotherhood you're guaranteed to get a kill, those things are much much more powerful than guns up until about the 18th-early 19th century. Maybe it'd be better to implement some sort of range system? Close range you get an instant kill with the crossbow, long range it takes two shots? As an aside i'd really like to see a return to injured guards. You know, like in AC1 where you chop someone to the ground they're still alive rolling around?? Would make a nice edition seeing as they can now alert other guards who/what's happened. Especially effective with things like bullets. Also, could be used as an excellent tool for distraction. Loud bang followed by injured guard falling to the ground, other guards leave their posts to the injured man leaving you an avenue to get past them...

Also I think the Hidden Blade difficulty option should directly tie in to combat difficulty. I'm fine with being able to block agile guards' attacks with it, but anything the size of a sword should never be able to be blocked with such ease...

iN3krO
05-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
Really like the idea of the difficulty except with the Crossbow idea. It doesn't matter how much armour you've got you fire a crossbow bolt from the sort of range you see in ACBrotherhood you're guaranteed to get a kill, those things are much much more powerful than guns up until about the 18th-early 19th century. Maybe it'd be better to implement some sort of range system? Close range you get an instant kill with the crossbow, long range it takes two shots? As an aside i'd really like to see a return to injured guards. You know, like in AC1 where you chop someone to the ground they're still alive rolling around?? Would make a nice edition seeing as they can now alert other guards who/what's happened. Especially effective with things like bullets. Also, could be used as an excellent tool for distraction. Loud bang followed by injured guard falling to the ground, other guards leave their posts to the injured man leaving you an avenue to get past them...

Also I think the Hidden Blade difficulty option should directly tie in to combat difficulty. I'm fine with being able to block agile guards' attacks with it, but anything the size of a sword should never be able to be blocked with such ease...

don't understand why you don't think hidden blade should be in another option... it's, so far, the major change that made ac2 and brotherhood too easy and unrealistic.. and for me the most important weapon besides the crosshair at acB....

also had this idea:

I have an idea do balance killstreaks... instead of being always able to do killstreaks, make you able to do killstreaks only when guards have their guards down..

This would make you able to kill with one hit when you are attacking one guard and another guard is with his guards down and u just changed target and you penetrate your sword/short blade in him.

Diffrent type of guards should have diffrent % of chance to have their guards down

exemple:

Normal Combat:
-Normal: 50%
-Agile and Capitain: 25%
-Archers: 40%
-Gunners: 20%
-Brutus: 40% (heavy weapons = more rest time)
-Spearmans: 20%
-Papal Guards (or whatever in AcR): 10%
Combos/Killstreaks/Counter-Attacks:
-Normal: 75%
-Agile and Capitain: 40%
-Archers: 60%
-Gunners: 30%
-Brutos: 60%
-Spearmans: 30%
-Papal Guards: 15%

(this percentages are just fakes to make you get the point)...

It would make the killstreak thing more realist and the combat more challenging (if you are attacking one guard and another got his guard down you would need to be fast to press the buttons to kill that guard).

PS - This thing was already implemented in ac1 with hidden blade... when i'm with sword/short blade and i see a guard with their guards down i just put the hidden blade and kill them (one of things i hate from ac2/b hidden blade is that due to the new system i can't assassinate those with guard down in the middle of the battle).

What do you think guys?

crash3
05-31-2011, 03:34 AM
thts a t, in AC1 the guards would either taunt you or get tired and let their sword down, in which case you could attack them without being countered and if you used the hidden blade it would be an instant kill which was a good feature but i want the combat to be harder still

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 07:37 AM
thts a t, in AC1 the guards would either taunt you or get tired and let their sword down, in which case you could attack them without being countered and if you used the hidden blade it would be an instant kill which was a good feature but i want the combat to be harder still

Well, making combat harder than in Ac1 will actually be imposible... but at least make combat harder than stealthy so ppl without skill prefer stealthy... (not talking about making stealthy easier but yes about making combat harder and i've already given my opinion)

But would u like to see the Guard Down + Dificult Tab features in AcR or Ac3?

Giving random answers is not that good :S

ILLusioNaire
05-31-2011, 10:20 AM
They sure do need to make combat more difficult, but I think the more appropriate word is technical. It's too easy to kill a handful of guards. You just keep pressing square and the direction you want to go in. I'm not sure how they could alter this exactly. I'd leave that for somebody more imaginative than me. However, something needs to be done to make the fighting harder. If fighting stays the same as it is, then ALL future AC games will be way to easy.

crash3
05-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
They sure do need to make combat more difficult, but I think the more appropriate word is technical. It's too easy to kill a handful of guards. You just keep pressing square and the direction you want to go in. I'm not sure how they could alter this exactly. I'd leave that for somebody more imaginative than me. However, something needs to be done to make the fighting harder. If fighting stays the same as it is, then ALL future AC games will be way to easy.

we dont always have to kill the guards, we could knock sword out of their hands, kick them away (not ACB-style kick though), grab/throw them it should all be intergrated into the streak system therefore they are called combat streaks and not killstreaks

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:

thought the guard down feature it would be more technical and would balance killstreaks while fixing the thing i've most hated at ac2/b (don't being able to assasinate with hidden blade in middle of a combat due to his new system).

Crash u havn't answered me...

crash3
06-01-2011, 04:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:

thought the guard down feature it would be more technical and would balance killstreaks while fixing the thing i've most hated at ac2/b (don't being able to assasinate with hidden blade in middle of a combat due to his new system).

Crash u havn't answered me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in reply to the guard down thing, i think seeing guards with physical wounds or guards who are starting to slump/slouch out of fatigue would be a good replacement for the health bars/dots above their heads

wounds and tiredness would be a good indication to sart fighting offensively and take the guards by surprise. also without the health dots it makes the combat more exciting as it is less cartoonish looking, less predictable as you dont know how strong a guard is and more realistic