PDA

View Full Version : Give Me Guards!

Bludger_au
11-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Give me guards in my Advanced Wanted Ubi!!!

Advanced should be harder than it currently is.

Put cross bow guards on some roofs for roofers, and put Papal Guards roaming in packs on the ground for high profile kills in sight of them.

I don't really care what the penalty is for guard agro, make it death, make it a knock down like stun or a loss of points.

Or even make it like ACB story mode and give us a wanted meter that fills from roofing and high profile kills, making the guards useful, with whatever penalty reduced over time or by kills or something...

But just give me guards!

Nick1021
11-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Rippah72:
Give me guards in my Advanced Wanted Ubi!!!

Advanced should be harder than it currently is.

Put cross bow guards on some roofs for roofers, and put Papal Guards roaming in packs on the ground for high profile kills in sight of them.

I don't really care what the penalty is for guard agro, make it death, make it a knock down like stun or a loss of points.

Or even make it like ACB story mode and give us a wanted meter that fills from roofing and high profile kills, making the guards useful, with whatever penalty reduced over time or by kills or something...

But just give me guards!
Rooftops are legit. Just because they **** you off they are still a fair way to play.

Bludger_au
11-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Why is a bad idea? Since when are you the voice or mouthpiece of a good portion of the community?

So advanced is only advanced because the compass is a little less accurate & doesn't give vertical direction of the target... not really much there nor is it deserving of an "Advanced Status".

Make advanced harder, make it worthy of the title "Advanced" at least. Guards would make it alot more challenging... and I dont mean on every roof top or every corner.

Btw. If I wanted free roam, I'd have posted in the free roam thread. This is a thread asking for more of a challenge in Advanced Wanted, & suggesting the addition of guards to advanced mode.

Now shoo Kaz, unless you'd like to be more specific why your calling it a bad idea.

*edit* this is not an anti roofing request. I play in stealth & roofs, this is a post asking for an upping of the ante in Advanced Mode.

nm0322
11-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Thinking about it carefully, putting guards in the rooftops in advance wanted doesn't seem like a bad idea at all... It would actually eliminate what we all despise so much which is noobs running around thinking they r playing halo or something. People would be more stealthy due to the fact that a guard could come n stun them. I think thats a good idea but it needs to be thought about and if it actually happens it needs to be balanced and fair. I don't think guards should interfere with a chase even if youre in high profile and guards shouldnt interfere with someone trying to do a stealthy aerial kill. Guards should, however, stun the crap out of people who jump from roof to roof frustrating the ones hunting them and ruining the "STEALTH" aspect of such a stealthy game like this one.

xcamthemandudex
11-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Rippah72:
Why is a bad idea? Since when are you the voice or mouthpiece of a good portion of the community?

So advanced is only advanced because the compass is a little less accurate & doesn't give vertical direction of the target... not really much there nor is it deserving of an "Advanced Status".

Make advanced harder, make it worthy of the title "Advanced" at least. Guards would make it alot more challenging... and I dont mean on every roof top or every corner.

It's because this topic has risen several times before you. Most people disagree with it; however, I won't lie, some people do think it is a good idea.

Bludger_au
11-26-2010, 11:27 AM
...force people to play the game a certain way
Yes, that we agree on that, but mind you I am only talking about Advanced Wanted... its one scenario option, we'll have to disagree kiddo if you honestly think a change in one scenario option will cause a decline in community numbers.

Think of how many times you go into high profile, if only for a second, to chase someone or escape then imagine a group of guards coming after you every time you do that?

Your way way off track here mate. This is not about being guard smashed everytime you enter high profile. What is being suggested here is this;

If you perform an assassination in high profile AND in view of a guard, you will get guard agro, & if you are in a "restricted" area such as a rooftop AND in sight of a guard you will get guard agro too.

Like the story line game, you don't get agroed by guards just for sprinting past them, to suggest or assume to chase someone or escape will bring the guards down around your ears is just ridiculous, much like the rest of your reply.

DeafAtheist
11-26-2010, 12:02 PM
I gotta say it's a bad idea. Ubisoft made multiplayer with the intention of giving players a variety of ways to play which includes roof camping and running.

I see so many players making the claim that Ubisoft intended for multiplayer to be stealthy and that's not true... stealth play is just one possible method. The best players are the ones who can deal effectively with all types of players.

I dislike roof campers and runners as much as the next stealth player, but I see them as part of the challenge of the game and they give the game variety that keeps you on your toes.

However I DO think there needs to be some changes to the game to balance it better. I think the steak bonuses should be harder to get for runners forcing them to slow down a bit if they want to earn the bonus by making the steak bonus only eligible for stealthier kills. To balance out roof campers more I think there should be temporary injuries slowing you down if you fall off a high level forcing people to be more careful where they jump.

If those 2 things were changed in the multiplayer I think it would be more fairly balanced... but the idea of having guards in there just doesn't work.

nm0322
11-26-2010, 12:31 PM
...Or how about if Ubi gives certain NPCs the ability to climb and run... that would add a sense of fear to the roof runners (the same fear us stealthy players get when an NPC is walking towards us and we don't know whether he's our pursuer or not) but without the need to implement guards or any other big change?

Think about it.. We could have only a few NPCs of each persona being able to do free run, that way we don't have everyone running around but we also have a balance and if you are a roof runner you need to have some kind of judgement ability to determine whether that persona who just climbed up is looking for you or is just an NPC... the reason i hate roof runners so much is because it is so easy for them to identify us as their pursuer because noone else is going to climb up the same roof they're in unless they're being hunted.

Just some food for thought... a lot of ideas that come up in these forums could be great ideas if we were to join all our mentalities together instead of bashing each other.

xcamthemandudex
11-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by postwick:
you are correct here. they even said, in the description of the new map coming in the Dec 14 DLC, that players will have to make effective use of roofs and free-running.

notice some maps have tons of opportunity to be on the rooftops, some don't. Ubi tried to provide a mix of maps and modes that would allow for certain gameplay stylse to be effective.

it's about variety. you have to be good at all of it to be good on all the maps.

Heck, in their launch trailer for multiplayer they are running roof to roof. Even in "character reveal" videos.

Torguish
11-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Okay, make a new mod.

Just add ''Guarded'' in front of the mods.

Guarded Wanted
Guarded Alliance.

and why not..

Advanced Guarded Wanted.

You get my point.

In my opinion guards would be awesome but it would need a lot of thinking through and testing before using.

Eg. How would the combat work? I mean, sure you can kick guard *** like you do in the Story mode but how would that effect the other part which is killing and hiding.

*EDIT* or just add a small check box on it that adds guards.

obliviondoll
11-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Don't think guards on rooftops/streets would work with how MP currently plays.

Would have to be a new game mode altogether.

And it is, like others have mentioned, more of a harsh knee-jerk "I don't like that playstyle so it should be punished more" reaction.

My only problem is that someone can sit up on a rooftop and watch their target, and the target can be looking up at them and thinking "wow that's unstealthy" but because they're not breaking high-profile, they still get the incognito bonus when they jump off onto a target.

I still say being on the rooftops should count as high profile, even when you're walking - because you're in a high-profile location. Just because you're strolling casually, doesn't mean you don't stand out.