PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem in 1946

GatorSub1942
08-31-2008, 03:24 PM
For some reason, certain control commands are not working. For example, I've assigned 'O' to open canopy. Nothing happens. In some planes, 'G' works to raise the undercarriage, in others nothing happens. There's nothing wrong with my keyboard, has anyone experienced this before? It's not happening in any other games.

Skycat_2
08-31-2008, 03:36 PM
It's hard to know from your post count if you are an experienced IL-2 player or if you are new to the series and coming from another forum. Just in case you are a newcomer, I'll offer these suggestions:

1. Most of the aircraft do not have opening cockpits. This was a new feature for the carrier-based aircraft of Pacific Fighters, the second expansion for Forgotten Battles series.

2. There are several aircraft where the automatic raise/lower landing gear doesn't work because the historic aircraft had manually operated landing gear. The Wildcat and Soviet I-16 are the two examples I can immediately think of; you'll need to have keys assigned for both raising the gear and lowering the gear and you'll have repeatedly tap those keys until the gear is fully extended or retracted.

Oh, and of course pressing landing gear keys won't do anything on aircraft with fixed landing gear. The Val and Stuka dive bombers this type of landing gear for example.

b2spirita
08-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Some planes like the wildcat only have manual ger, so you need to assign keys to that (useful also in case of battle damage)

GatorSub1942
08-31-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Skycat_2:
It's hard to know from your post count if you are an experienced IL-2 player or if you are new to the series and coming from another forum. Just in case you are a newcomer, I'll offer these suggestions:

1. Most of the aircraft do not have opening cockpits. This was a new feature for the carrier-based aircraft of Pacific Fighters, the second expansion for Forgotten Battles series.

2. There are several aircraft where the automatic raise/lower landing gear doesn't work because the historic aircraft had manually operated landing gear. The Wildcat and Soviet I-16 are the two examples I can immediately think of; you'll need to have keys assigned for both raising the gear and lowering the gear and you'll have repeatedly tap those keys until the gear is fully extended or retracted.

Oh, and of course pressing landing gear keys won't do anything on aircraft with fixed landing gear. The Val and Stuka dive bombers this type of landing gear for example.

Thanks for clearing that up. And yes, I'm well aware that some A/C in WW2 had fixed undercarriages. For what it's worth, I came over from the SH4 forum, so I'm not that experienced with IL2 1946, but I am massively experienced in flight sims as a rule.

K_Freddie
08-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by GatorSub1942:
.. but I am massively experienced in flight sims as a rule.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.. this experience will be something quiet different from the rest of the 'rabble' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif