PDA

View Full Version : Online Skin's Usage....A Possible Solution

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 04:08 AM
Hello Everybody,

Earlier today I read a thread pretty much on the same topic. After reading I sent a private message to one of the guy's who replied in the thread. I told him what I thought about this and also told him about a idea I had. My idea's were the following.

1.) Keep the "Skin Download" option that we have now. But make this a host's option. If he has the box checked then everyone in his arena will be able to download each other's custom skin's. On the other hand,if the host doesn't have it checked the skin's won't be downloadable between each of the player's in the host's arena.

2.) Add a new option called "Skin Display". This option would also be the host's option. If he has the box checked then everyone's custom skin's will be displayed. If the host doesn't have this box checked then the custom skin's won't be displayed. However,this option would only display the custom skin's and now allow them to be downloaded.

The person who I sent a private message too replied back to me with another idea. He also told me that this was a good idea. I will let him reply here with what he said. I don't want to blow what he said out of line.

I personally like being able to use custom skin's online. I also like to be able to use the newer high resolution skin's. But I would like to be able to use them without the issue's they cause. I really think that it was stupid to give us higher resolution skin's if we can't use them online. Expecially if they were going to cause problem's while flying. They mise well of just left them 512x512. I think what I've said above would be a good idea. It could possibly solve the online problem's we get with the 1024x1024 skin's. But we would have to hear from Oleg and have him tell us if it's possible or not. I'd like to hear from all you other guy's about this idea. =S=

Semper Fi!! Carry On!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Squirral aka Wolf_Fangs

<marquee>Wolf Pak Squadron</marquee>

<center>http://www.sanfords.net/DarK_Wolfs_free_demonic_graphics/wolf15.gif </center>

<center>The King Is Coming! Do You Feel The Fear?</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 04:08 AM
Hello Everybody,

Earlier today I read a thread pretty much on the same topic. After reading I sent a private message to one of the guy's who replied in the thread. I told him what I thought about this and also told him about a idea I had. My idea's were the following.

1.) Keep the "Skin Download" option that we have now. But make this a host's option. If he has the box checked then everyone in his arena will be able to download each other's custom skin's. On the other hand,if the host doesn't have it checked the skin's won't be downloadable between each of the player's in the host's arena.

2.) Add a new option called "Skin Display". This option would also be the host's option. If he has the box checked then everyone's custom skin's will be displayed. If the host doesn't have this box checked then the custom skin's won't be displayed. However,this option would only display the custom skin's and now allow them to be downloaded.

The person who I sent a private message too replied back to me with another idea. He also told me that this was a good idea. I will let him reply here with what he said. I don't want to blow what he said out of line.

I personally like being able to use custom skin's online. I also like to be able to use the newer high resolution skin's. But I would like to be able to use them without the issue's they cause. I really think that it was stupid to give us higher resolution skin's if we can't use them online. Expecially if they were going to cause problem's while flying. They mise well of just left them 512x512. I think what I've said above would be a good idea. It could possibly solve the online problem's we get with the 1024x1024 skin's. But we would have to hear from Oleg and have him tell us if it's possible or not. I'd like to hear from all you other guy's about this idea. =S=

Semper Fi!! Carry On!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Squirral aka Wolf_Fangs

<marquee>Wolf Pak Squadron</marquee>

<center>http://www.sanfords.net/DarK_Wolfs_free_demonic_graphics/wolf15.gif </center>

<center>The King Is Coming! Do You Feel The Fear?</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 04:20 AM
NIce idea
Squirral wrote:
- 2.) Add a new option called "Skin Display". This
- option would also be the host's option. If he has
- the box checked then everyone's custom skin's will
- be displayed. If the host doesn't have this box
- checked then the custom skin's won't be displayed.
- However,this option would only display the custom
- skin's and now allow them to be downloaded.

<center>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fly at HL as
<font color=#"000000"><FONT SIZE="+1"><marquee>>>>>>>>>>Aceman<<<<<<<<<<</marquee></font>
</font>
http://defence-data.com/storypic/spitfire.jpg

"Take off,is only the beginnigg
Bail out, is YOUR end."

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 03:01 PM
Semi official skin packs would work REALLY well too. Collecting generally the best skins for a variety of planes. That way the most common skins used by people online will be seen by others online providing for more variety and no skin downloading needed.

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/icefire/icefire_tempest.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill