PDA

View Full Version : How to get max power for CV takeoffs with ord?

cmorris975
10-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Trying to get USN planes off the deck online on the Zekes vs. Wilcat server. So far I'm trying 25% fuel, full flaps, revving to full before I release chocks, and jacking the mixture up to 120%. What else can I do?

cmorris975
10-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Trying to get USN planes off the deck online on the Zekes vs. Wilcat server. So far I'm trying 25% fuel, full flaps, revving to full before I release chocks, and jacking the mixture up to 120%. What else can I do?

Waldo.Pepper
10-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Personally I would not bother with the mixture setting.

1. Lock tail wheel.
2. Make sure rad/cowl flaps/canopy is/are closed.
3. RPM to max.
4. Flaps to takeoff (second position).
5. Chocks away.
6. I make the plane nose heavy with elevator trim (this helps with step 7).
7. Get the tail up quickly. This will help give you the best speed possible before the end of the deck is there.
8. About a plane length from the end of the deck hit the flaps one more time to get them full down. (delay this step till now so that you can get up to a high speed with less drag when you don't need it, i.e. early in the takeoff roll.
9. As soon as you have cleared, get the landing gear up quick.
10. Practice like mad.

That's it.

F19_Ob
10-20-2005, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cmorris975:
Trying to get USN planes off the deck online on the Zekes vs. Wilcat server. So far I'm trying 25% fuel, full flaps, revving to full before I release chocks, and jacking the mixture up to 120%. What else can I do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been there, Done that.
I'll try waldos suggestion next time, and ask the spawnmaster to let me spawn as far back as possible. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif