PDA

View Full Version : A few static camera addition requests

PlaneEater
06-14-2004, 04:10 AM
Hey, Oleg. I usually don't ask for a lot, but when I was using FB to film some segments for a school video editing project, some things I ran into gave me a few thoughts.

Stuff that would be nice to add to static cameras:

--Initial facing (heading) and pitch. Would allow much better camera control for compositing and shot-matching.

--'facing' waypoints. Like normal waypoints, except they have two times you enter, 'turn to this facing by' and 'hold until'. So you could set the camera and its initial facing, then set a facing waypoint in a different direction, tell the camera to turn to that by time X and hold it for Y seconds, then set another facing waypoint for it to turn to.

Just some ideas I had. An 'active' camera that you could set movement and heading waypoints for would be neat, too, but I'm betting it would be a lot of work.

We DEFINITELY need something like this for BoB.

PlaneEater
06-14-2004, 04:10 AM
Hey, Oleg. I usually don't ask for a lot, but when I was using FB to film some segments for a school video editing project, some things I ran into gave me a few thoughts.

Stuff that would be nice to add to static cameras:

--Initial facing (heading) and pitch. Would allow much better camera control for compositing and shot-matching.

--'facing' waypoints. Like normal waypoints, except they have two times you enter, 'turn to this facing by' and 'hold until'. So you could set the camera and its initial facing, then set a facing waypoint in a different direction, tell the camera to turn to that by time X and hold it for Y seconds, then set another facing waypoint for it to turn to.

Just some ideas I had. An 'active' camera that you could set movement and heading waypoints for would be neat, too, but I'm betting it would be a lot of work.

We DEFINITELY need something like this for BoB.