PDA

View Full Version : Problem with smoke bombs

CARB1DE
11-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Anyone have problems with the smoke bombs in multiplayer? People drop em and it's like instantly there while mine is a couple of seconds before it goes off. And also the radius of the smoke, where I wasn't even close to the smoke and I start "coughin" so then the dude turns around and stuns me. I could be the only one but damn it's frustrating as hell when that happens and I'm stalking a dude for a kill

Viperkill101
11-26-2010, 08:50 PM
The smoke bombs always have a slight delay, try to predict movements.

Also, when you're stalking, if you just walk normally, (meaning not even fast walk) they won't be able to see you soon enough to do anything about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif then, they'll be dead and cursing into their mic.

CARB1DE
11-26-2010, 10:50 PM
No no just the outside edge of the smoke when I'm about to do something I'm not even in the smoke, I "cough" and then they come back and stun me.

deskpe
11-26-2010, 10:54 PM
the fact that their instantly there is because ur no the one throwing them so you dont notice the delay the other player is noticing (propably)

.. maybe its just ur connection ?

CARB1DE
11-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Could be but I think due to the server issues it could be that. Only time will tell if it gets better. Only time will tell

rileypoole1234
11-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Same exact thing happens to me, its getting kinda annoying too

kenneff08
11-30-2010, 04:22 PM
how about when you smoke bomb and your killer still kills you?

P3NATOPSFE
11-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Did anyone also notice that during single player there were 2 seperate in game play sequences were the smoke bombs had absolutely no effect on the guards at all? I replayed the sequences just to make sure and the 2nd time was exactly the same. If you ask me thats a cheap way to raise the difficulty.

obliviondoll
11-30-2010, 10:29 PM
It's because of lag.

Usually when watching other players the smoke appears before the throwing animation, but I can assure you, they have the same delay as you.

And if you time it right, throwing smoke is great.

If you don't the other player will come in, kill you, then get caught in the smoke cloud, but it'll look to you like they walked/jumped through the smoke.

Can also use smoke to prevent the target from running/stunning. And if you look closely, there's a slight difference in the NPC and player animations when they're coughing.

Rainie
11-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Viperkill101:
Also, when you're stalking, if you just walk normally, (meaning not even fast walk) they won't be able to see you soon enough to do anything about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif then, they'll be dead and cursing into their mic.

Not always true, I've caught and stunned many pursuers who have been walking normally around me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif but walking is a great suggestion, at least when you're approaching your target there won't be a big red arrow on your head