PDA

View Full Version : Spawn on tarmac request/Airfield request

RAF74_Poker
01-31-2006, 12:40 PM
1: Any chance of going back to having planes spawn on the tarmac, instead of the runway for single and coop missions ?
I understand this used to be the case, but was changed in one of the patches.
If it's a simple fix, could it be an option at least ?

2: the #3 & #4 runways are good, but is there any chance of getting an object to place whole airfield - runway, taxiway, and tarmac/pad ??

This would make creating airfields much, much easier - even if it's a basic single runway, single taxiway, single pad affair.
Right now creating an airbase so I can get planes to spawn off runway involves multiple cross hatch of #3 and #4 runways, and even then I can only spawn in single planes on each #4 to have them spawn into a revetment, etc...

Again, if feasible, both these additions would be fantastic.

S!

RAF74_Poker
01-31-2006, 11:04 PM
bump

RAF23-Shrike
02-02-2006, 06:16 AM
I think you mean, spawn at hanger instead of on runway right? plus most airbases dont have tarmac, only grass. Would be nice.

VT-51_Razor
02-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Poker, never has been that way, and according to Oleg, never will. But I sure agree with you, it would be much more immersive if you had to fire up and taxi out to the runway intead of spawnning on the runway.

RAF74_Poker
02-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by RAF23-Shrike:
I think you mean, spawn at hanger instead of on runway right? plus most airbases dont have tarmac, only grass. Would be nice.

Tarmac - pad, hangar area ... whatever you'd like to call it - just NOT the runway is what I'm asking for.

If I want to set up a coop for 4 people to fly, I have to drop a cross hatch of #4 runways perpendicular to the #3 runway so they will spawn in revetments, or by the hangars, not out in the open on the runway - it's all in the immersion.
At least an option to spawn them in in this way would be appreciated.

Compare spawning in on the parking ramp/field, having a fuel truck and a jeep pull away from your plane, then have to taxi to the runway, seeing the different vehicles etc moving away from your other flight members, as opposed to spawn on the runway, crank up and go ... way less immersion.

Bombers could follow a "follow me" jeep to the runway, etc....
I understand this might all be too complex for some ADD pilots, but for those of us who want as much immersion as possible, this is quite a thorn in the side when creating missions.

darkhorizon11
02-02-2006, 11:38 AM
bump this, more taxiing aircraft and the ability to taxi up to the runway would be a HUGE perk for BoB if not BoB!

Codex1971
02-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Bump...this would add heaps to the immersion of the sim... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

VW-IceFire
02-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Does nobody remember when we asked about this the last time? Apparently it would require redoing all of the airfield templates as there are taxi after landing routines but no paths laid out for the opposite.

It'd be cool...great even...but I highly doubt we'll see this feature in this game. Again, we should be asking for this feature in BoB.

jds1978
02-04-2006, 05:34 AM
nothing new to add. just would like to relate to everyone that one of the first major difficulties i had when going online was that i was completely ignorant of taxi and runway proceedure. i proceeded to do all types of horrific and embaressing things (take off on the wrong runway, takeoff the in the wrong direction, bulldoze over parked planes, get yelled at by server adm....) if this feature (the ability to start in a hanger or on the taxi-way) can be implemented in BoB i'd be very happy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

slipBall
02-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Yes there is a way to be able to not spawn on runway. Open full mission builder, select map, select homebase, move the slider to decrease the homebase size. unselect home base, hold down the shift key and left mouse button, draw a box, around your homebase including a small area outside of homebase boundry ( this will mag. the area) select your aircraft, place a waypoint just outside of the circle homebase boundery, select takeoff, add second waypoint ( again outside homebase boundry)select 0 alt.(Important) unselect your aircraft, save mission, press play. Press fly, if not happy with spawn point go back and move slightly.Once you find your ideal spawn point you can add your jeep or what ever else you want to make that perfict mission. SLIPBALL (I was only following orders)
Originally posted by RAF74_Poker:
1: Any chance of going back to having planes spawn on the tarmac, instead of the runway for single and coop missions ?
If it's a simple fix, could it be an option at least ?

2: the #3 & #4 runways are good, but is there any chance of getting an object to place whole airfield - runway, taxiway, and tarmac/pad ??

This would make creating airfields much, much easier - even if it's a basic single runway, single taxiway, single pad affair.
Right now creating an airbase so I can get planes to spawn off runway involves multiple cross hatch of #3 and #4 runways, and even then I can only spawn in single planes on each #4 to have them spawn into a revetment, etc...

Again, if feasible, both these additions would be fantastic.

S!

VW-IceFire
02-04-2006, 08:33 AM
That IS true...but it only works for human aircraft. AI just try and take off in a straight line...normally hitting something.

Tully__
02-04-2006, 11:46 AM
It was never a feature, though there was a workaround or two that allowed mission designers to fake it. A change in airfield code broke most of the workarounds.

The developers have never supported this in this game series becase ALL AI aircraft ground behaviour is completely scripted with no collision avoidance. AI aircraft ground behaviour relies on the aicraft starting at a known point and mission designers are not always going to use one of those http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.
The AI do taxi after landing because the AI landing behaviour is also scripted, so the end of the landing roll is known in advance and can be used as a starting point for the taxi scripts.

slipBall
02-04-2006, 12:23 PM
There is also a way to avoid this. when adding AI set their takeoff time later, allowing for the time that your aircraft needs to reach the runway, this will take a little trial and error to position your aircraft ahead of them before they spawn on top of you. SlipBall (I was only following orders)
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
That IS true...but it only works for human aircraft. AI just try and take off in a straight line...normally hitting something.

EDCF_Rama
02-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by slipBall:
There is also a way to avoid this. when adding AI set their takeoff time later, allowing for the time that your aircraft needs to reach the runway, this will take a little trial and error to position your aircraft ahead of them before they spawn on top of you. SlipBall (I was only following orders)<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
That IS true...but it only works for human aircraft. AI just try and take off in a straight line...normally hitting something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or better way.... edit .mis after and put fuel at 0.... then the AI aircrafts will not move. AI pilots will jump out and aircraft will disapera after a couple of minutes.

ColHut
02-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Or better way.... edit .mis after and put fuel at 0.... then the AI aircrafts will not move. AI pilots will jump out and aircraft will disapera after a couple of minutes.

And this is supposed to add Immersion? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif