PDA

View Full Version : AC2 PS3 Region DLC

AssassinVenice
10-27-2010, 05:52 PM
i'm going to buy the american version of ac2 the complete edition but i live in europe.
will the dlc work on my european ps3 if i create an american psn, get the dlc from it and then play the game with the dlc on the european account?
please help me with this cuz here in portugal i will never find the complete edition! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Jack-Reacher
10-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Nope it wont work, I found that out the hard way. Had the american version, bought the EU DLC ( twice, stupid map pack BS) and it didnt even work. Had to rent out the EU version and play them in 7 days

AssassinVenice
10-28-2010, 02:55 AM
no i mean play the american version on the european console but with the american psn account

wapikas
10-28-2010, 07:19 AM
why would you want to buy american version of complete edition? as far I know, you wouldn't be able to play the game at all, with or without dlc. You can just buy european complete edition, if you have european console. But on ps3 you should buy ac2 platinum edition. It acutally includes all the missing sequences and bonus content.

AssassinVenice
10-28-2010, 01:17 PM
as i said here in portugal we dont have the platinum edition of ac2 and im emigrating to canada so i will not go here to buy the european versions of games ok
so just tell me if i make an AMERICAN psn account and play the game with it.
will i be able to do it on my european console?
PS: you are able to play any king of game on any ps3 since ps3 game are region FREE ok?

wapikas
10-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Then you can buy canadian platinium edition, ok?

BioPulse.ps3
10-28-2010, 01:51 PM
as far as i know you can do what you say, but when you buy the dlc you need to have a us credit card or use the us voucher card thingys

AssassinVenice
10-28-2010, 04:40 PM
So you say that everything is ok if i buy it from america and then activate the dlc via code when im in the american psn on my european ps3.
amd you dont have to buy dlc on the complete edition cuz it comes with vouchers that have codes that give you the dlc via psn.
thx for the help guys!
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif