PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get Air Racing Starter Scripts To Work

-HH- Beebop
03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I downloaded the starter scripts for air racing from the Sim Air Racing site and placed the "practice_30" file in the main Ubisoft folder.
I added the line "@a p30 file practice_30" to my rcu file.
When the game is running I open the command line (Shift+tab) and type "p30" and hit 'Enter'. The script shows in the command lines but does not show on screen.

What am I doing wrong?

(I am using version 4.08m.)

Thanks in advance for any help given.

dbillo
03-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Do you also have these lines in your .rcu file:

@set alias on
@alias a alias

Maybe try loading the file directly without alias, as in:

file practice_30

Actually, I'm not sure that chat works if you are only one in the game.

GreyKnight1971
03-07-2007, 07:54 AM
I tried tested it myself too Beebop and got the identical response as you did.

Maybe it is related with the host server.

Want to test it with me joining your server? If so, mention it on our forums and we could set a day/time.

PBNA-Boosher
03-07-2007, 08:38 AM
You have to type this in the command console:

start file practice_30

or something to that effect. You do need the word "start" though.

dbillo
03-07-2007, 08:48 AM
I had a look at one of the scripts in notepad. They don't have an "@" in front of the timeout command, for example:

timeout 10000 chat You may start your Engine TO ALL

so maybe Boosher has the answer, or they will only work with the dedicated server.

As I recall, using scripts with the integrated server requires the timeout command to be used like this:

@timeout 10000 chat You may start your Engine TO ALL

-HH- Beebop
03-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by GreyKnight1971:
I tried tested it myself too Beebop and got the identical response as you did.

Maybe it is related with the host server.

Want to test it with me joining your server? If so, mention it on our forums and we could set a day/time.
That would be great. I used to be able to run these scripts on my own computer back when I was in the IL2 Air Racing League.

I am available after 6PM PST (GMT-8) Mon.-Fri., all day Saturday/Sunday. I have a TS Server available as well. Send me a PM and we'll exchange e-mail addys and set a time.

Thanks for the help.

-HH- Beebop
03-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Here is my entire rcu file exactly as it appears when opened in Notepad:
@set fast off
@set echo on
@set alias on
@set history 20

@alias a alias
@a h history
@a s show
@a v1fr
@a v1fo
@a v2ff
@a tul

@a v1fr mp_dotrange FRIENDLY COLOR 0.1 DOT 15 RANGE 5 TYPE 0.1 ID 0.1 NAME 2.5
@a v1fo mp_dotrange FOE COLOR 0.1 DOT 15 RANGE 0.1 TYPE 0.1 ID 0.1 NAME 0.1
@a v2ff mp_dotrange DOT 16 ID 4 COLOR 1.5 NAME 0.05 TYPE 0.05 RANGE 0.05
@a tul mp_dotrange DOT 15 TYPE 4 COLOR 2.5 RANGE 0.8 NAME 0.5 ID 0.3

@a inflightdefault file inflightdefault.cmd
@a inflightger file InFlightger.cmd
@a inflighthun file InFlighthun.cmd
@a inflightita file InFlightita.cmd
@a inflightjap file InFlightjap.cmd
@a inflightpol file InFlightpol.cmd
@a inflightraf file InFlightraf.cmd
@a inflightrom file InFlightrom.cmd
@a inflightrus file InFlightrus.cmd
@a inflightusa file InFlightusa.cmd
@a inflightrock file InFlightrock.cmd
@a inflightcountry file InFlightcountry.cmd
@a inflightoff music PATH Music

@a p30 file practice_30

I can get my framerate, icon settings and the Music Randomizer (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2051) (thanks JR Jacobs) to work just fine even when I'm by myself.
It's the starter scripts that aren't displaying for me.

dbillo
03-08-2007, 06:30 AM
I tried one out last night Beebop. When connected to my dedicated server, the script works fine, however, if I just create a server in the game, they don't.

I pretty sure it is for the reason I mentioned earlier, that the scripts rely on the chat function to work, and if you are only the host in a game, there is no chat function.

Try joining a HL server and testing. I think you'll find they work there.

-HH- Beebop
03-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by dbillo:
I tried one out last night Beebop. When connected to my dedicated server, the script works fine, however, if I just create a server in the game, they don't.

I pretty sure it is for the reason I mentioned earlier, that the scripts rely on the chat function to work, and if you are only the host in a game, there is no chat function.

Try joining a HL server and testing. I think you'll find they work there.
Good idea. I'll give it a try.
So did the scripts or the game change? Because I remember clearly, way back when, having those scripts run when I was practicing races on my own machine. It was a big help in getting off the mark quickly and cleanly.

I'll report back on the HL experience.
Thanks for the idea dbillo.

deepo_HP
03-08-2007, 04:00 PM
hi beebop http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

like dbillo said:
the game allows no monologues, so the chat keeps being disabled until someone joins you for communication. this was done to keep isolation-effects and schizo-psychotic behaviour at minimum (i am currently scripting an ai-therapist to be spawned as bot for long sessions, so i can talk to someone... 'tell me about your childhood').

can't remember, if it worked in some version before...
however, would be great to get raced by you again! hope to see you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-HH- Beebop
03-08-2007, 06:21 PM
~S~ Lapinot. Long time no see. I'm thinking of getting back into a bit of air racing.

I think I used Painters scripts before but he has removed them from his site and I have either misplaced them or lost them in a reformat. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif IIRC they included an excellent ReadMe with very clear installation and operation instructions.

(btw, I thought that you and Painter made the very best racing skins. Both of you were quite talented in that area. )

deepo_HP
03-09-2007, 07:14 AM
uh, you make me blush http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thx for remebering the skins!
and do come back for some fast raceing, please! would be a pleasure to meet you at the courses...