PDA

View Full Version : How do i complete a mission?

markimmortal
03-29-2006, 12:57 AM
A stupid question i'm sure but here goes:

I have PF standalone and I am playing around with the single missions, e.g. Carrier Landing.

If I successfully land should i see some text stating "Mission Completed!"? (or something similar).

All I can do is quit the mission, and select done/refly. If there is a "mission completed" alert, how do i get it? e.g. taxi to a specific area? fold wings, engine off? etc....

please help. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

markimmortal
03-29-2006, 12:57 AM
A stupid question i'm sure but here goes:

I have PF standalone and I am playing around with the single missions, e.g. Carrier Landing.

If I successfully land should i see some text stating "Mission Completed!"? (or something similar).

All I can do is quit the mission, and select done/refly. If there is a "mission completed" alert, how do i get it? e.g. taxi to a specific area? fold wings, engine off? etc....

please help. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thefruitbat
03-29-2006, 02:47 AM
i'm not sure if for the carrier landing single missions the messsage will come up, have you tried putting your chocks in? Either way it dosent matter, its just a training mission to see if you can land on carriers.

In the stock dgen campaingns it definatley does come up at certain times I think often when wheels stop rolling, plus hidden mission notification, But to be honest you are better off flying them with instant success turned on NOT off. This stops you getting stuck on some improbable generated missions that do occur from time to time, plus in real life somedays were not good days, some days they did loose planes.

hope this helps

fruitbat

markimmortal
03-29-2006, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the reply. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Yes, I've tried putting chocks in, to no avail. I've tried everything I can think of: engine off, throttle zero'd, trims reset, canopy open, wings folded, etc.

I guess you're right that it's only a training mission but being a rookie it would be nice to get positive confirmation of success.

thefruitbat
03-29-2006, 04:50 AM
if you are on the carrier alive you have succeeded, if your plane is still intact, all the better.

put simply, it is taken as given that to fly a combat mission you can take off and land.

I dont think even in fmb you can set a mission objective to be a landing, you have to fudge it by observing something. I think this is why you dont get the message on the traing missions.

Tully__
03-29-2006, 01:55 PM
The "Mission Succesful" message depends on how the mission goals have been set up by the mission designer. If no goals have been set at all you wont get a message. Some goals will only give a mesage when you actually exit the mission, depending on the conditions that have been set up. Some will give a message as soon as you complete the objective.

In the case of the take off and landing training missions that come with PF, I've just checked a couple of them in Full Mission Builder and it looks like there are no goals set, so you're not likely to see a message.