PDA

View Full Version : Well, guess my personal suspicions were confirmed on HL...

SeaFireLIV
07-12-2006, 07:24 PM
When I first flew online 3 years ago I always wondered whether some guys flew luftwaffe planes cos they secretly wished Hitler had won the war. I know many Jerry flyers don`t worry about that, and just fly cos they like the aircarft... I never really thought much on it after I`d been on HL a good couiple of years.

But earlier today went on a co op with a ranting Blue flyer who kept cursing Churchill for everything under the sun. I told myself not to rise to the bait, but I did and said, "Well would you rather have had Hitler win the war instead?"

"Yes," he said, "I would!"

I left the server. On second thoughts I should have flown and shot him down. Dunno why I was surprised by his response, many people have deep feelings against the Allies of WWII, some because their families were affected by Allied action, some because they`re closet Fascists.

I suppose no nation in the war is totally absolved of guilt, I like flying Russian a lot and Stalin ruled that lot - not a good man.

But I still maintain, that the worse of 2 evils were stopped - fascism.

Still, it was a surprise. Next time I`ll stay and shoot the bugger down.

SeaFireLIV
07-12-2006, 07:24 PM
When I first flew online 3 years ago I always wondered whether some guys flew luftwaffe planes cos they secretly wished Hitler had won the war. I know many Jerry flyers don`t worry about that, and just fly cos they like the aircarft... I never really thought much on it after I`d been on HL a good couiple of years.

But earlier today went on a co op with a ranting Blue flyer who kept cursing Churchill for everything under the sun. I told myself not to rise to the bait, but I did and said, "Well would you rather have had Hitler win the war instead?"

I left the server. On second thoughts I should have flown and shot him down. Dunno why I was surprised by his response, many people have deep feelings against the Allies of WWII, some because their families were affected by Allied action, some because they`re closet Fascists.

I suppose no nation in the war is totally absolved of guilt, I like flying Russian a lot and Stalin ruled that lot - not a good man.

Still, it was a surprise. Next time I`ll stay and shoot the bugger down.

SithSpeeder
07-12-2006, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Next time I`ll stay and shoot the bugger down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please do. And get as many others to join in as possible.

* _54th_Speeder *

VW-IceFire
07-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Yeah not sure how I'd react to that. Definately not a good thing to have Hitler win WWII. Bad indeed.

Syama
07-12-2006, 08:31 PM
He probably wasn't being serious... With games and movies showing germans being slaughtered all the time sometimes you can't help root a little for who seem like the underdogs...

Spitfires and La5s are also extremely infuriating and can probably make you say some stupid things :P

BfHeFwMe
07-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Should have ask him if he takes the easy way out like Hitler when your on his six. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

CapBackassward
07-12-2006, 09:01 PM
I had a man say the same thing to me today where I work. We were talking history and stuff and somehow the names like Stalin and Hitler came up. We were talking about some of the great atrocities through-out history. I reminded him of the treatment of the American Indians and an American president that had drawn-up a plan to eliminate the problem, including the use of force. When this man tried to justify the solution to the American Indian problem, I saw the slippery slope of ignorance approaching.

My father was a veteran of 3 wars including WW 2. My grandfather fought in WW 1. I was a history major in college. If I've learned anything from my father, my grandfather, and my years in college studing history it is this: what we fought against in WW 2 didn't go away with the defeat of fascism. That kind of thinking has always been and will always be around. In short: the fight always goes on, on one level or the other, against that type of mindset. Will that kind of hate and ignorance come around again? If you study history, the answer is - probably.

The fight always goes on,

Rick

JG5_UnKle
07-12-2006, 11:44 PM
He was probably about 9 years old http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Badsight-
07-12-2006, 11:47 PM
after 4 years i cant say i have ever come across pro-germany that extreme

Bearcat99
07-13-2006, 12:07 AM
The ignorance and outrigfht racism, pro fascism or whatever you want to call it that exists in this world shouldnt surprise anyone. Neither should it surprise anyone that people express those views on Hyperlobby... Too often I read all kinds of stupidness in the chat window... Not so cloaked racism against Hispanics, Blacks... everybodys favorite... jews... gays... you name it. I dont even read the chat anymore because of it, so I dont know if the "moderators" on HL have done anything about it or not..... perhaps... hopefully they have...

Some of the coments I am referring to that I wont quote here... are actually made by people I see posting on these boards... some still..... ignorance is what it is... and denial is not just a river in Egypt.... and a lot of folks are in denial about where we stand on issues of fascism and race.... granted... it is certainly not as out in your face as it was decades agao.. but contrary to popular belief, racism and all of it's ugly extensions are still quite alive and kicking... and not jjst in the U.S. either.

papotex
07-13-2006, 12:14 AM
there you go.......................
if you are looking for something specific for so long ,you'll be the first one to detect it

witch hunt I call it

Capt.LoneRanger
07-13-2006, 12:58 AM
I doubt that.

If he really was a neo-nazi, he wouldn't have used curses against Churchill. This was just to raise interest with historical interested people. This was just a kiddy, who wanted to get his attention and who 99,999% didn't even speak German, not even to mention he came from Germany.

Infact, to make this one perfectly clear, these statements are not at all "pro-german", as Badsight put it! Just the same way somebody yelling "f*ck the native Americans" is not pro-US. Still thinking Germany, Hitler and Nazi are the same, is even worse than this guys expressions, cause this shows a lack of brains, while this guy is simply a lone kiddie.

The best way to deal with such a person is simply to not react. So you don't give them, what he wants and he'll go away quickly.
On the other hand, we had somebody with "Hitler" in his name on a server once. Within a minute, we alls switched to one side and needles to say he was dead, dead, dead and dead. Then he left.

x6BL_Brando
07-13-2006, 01:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">witch hunt I call it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would that be anything like a Jew hunt? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif I was also in the coop Seafire's talking about and I read this character's opinions - which were offensive, to me.

We're all entitled to our opinions I suppose, but using the chat bar in a mission is not the forum for a discussion of world politics past or present or for abusing members of another country.

I signed up to this game to have fun flying a toy - not to read to racist rhetoric.

B.

IIJG69_Kartofe
07-13-2006, 01:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SithSpeeder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Next time I`ll stay and shoot the bugger down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please do. And get as many others to join in as possible.

* _54th_Speeder * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Yes Call me too. I will gladly bomb him on the parking or other bad things, like they do in my country.

IIJG69_Kartofe
07-13-2006, 01:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG5_UnKle:
He was probably about 9 years old http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So he deserve a good spanking!

JG5_UnKle
07-13-2006, 01:56 AM
I'm sure if he/she keeps up that sort of behaviour a spanking is the least of their worries http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

To be honest though I've seen it from all sorts over the years - usually after you just sent them down for a 20,000 ft Dirt Nap http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

alert_1
07-13-2006, 02:09 AM
Just go on a russian server and ask about Stalin, you find a lot of affectionados for that creature ...

JG52Karaya-X
07-13-2006, 02:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
I suppose no nation in the war is totally absolved of guilt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, certainly not... the bombings on Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki and of course the holocaust and murder of jewish people both on the German and Russian side - Communism killed just as many if not even more Jews than Fashism. Every nation which was involved in WWII had its dark side and aspects, nothing to be surprised about.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I like flying Russian a lot and Stalin ruled that lot - not a good man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a good man at all, and you would wonder about how many Stalin-fans you can meet on HL as well... ignore them or better yet shoot them down.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">posted by Cpt. LoneRanger:
Infact, to make this one perfectly clear, these statements are not at all "pro-german", as Badsight put it! Just the same way somebody yelling "f*ck the native Americans" is not pro-US. Still thinking Germany, Hitler and Nazi are the same, is even worse than this guys expressions, cause this shows a lack of brains, while this guy is simply a lone kiddie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Right on the spot!

AWL_Spinner
07-13-2006, 02:46 AM
Any attempt to draw moral equivalencies or relativities out of that dark period in mankind's history should certainly be left out of the gaming community. It's a no-win situation and best left to impartial historians.

On that note, anyone watching "The War Of The World"? on Channel 4? Certainly a few home truths in there.

slipBall
07-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Captain, remember you are dealing with humans

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/SlipBall/spock.jpg

SeaFireLIV
07-13-2006, 03:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slipBall:
Captain, remember you are dealing with humans

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/SlipBall/spock.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! I think never a truer word was said. Aye, I`m aware I`m dealing with Humans, but as the good ol` Leo that I am, I tend to try and see the best in everyone first before remembering that this world is one hell of a tormented place - even in games!

carguy_
07-13-2006, 03:43 AM
Ah that`s nothing new,there are all kinds of them on HL.I know few neonazi nicks myself and the thing about them is that they don`t show their real colors until isolated with someone who deos not have any influence on their HL existance.

There are also people who fight against nations they hate.Some are not even hiding it and spill their hate everytime when in HL,though not many ppl can read their language.

Nevertheless,I have yet to find such a person with skills worth an ace.From my contact with them I gather they`re all crappy pilots.Needless to say they curse you to hell if you interrupt their fight for ideaology they believe.

I`m interested in making their virtual lives as bad as possible,also because they give all honest players a bad name.I am called a nazi for flying LW from time to time on a regular basis,also here on the forums.As a Luftwaffe ace I`m pursued and shot like the deadly ideology that once swept thousands of miles with pain and hate and which must be wiped out at all cost(namely parachute shooting).

There are lots of Stalin fans.I can`t stand them because their narrowminds and stupidity often contaminate other people.Mind you,banning them is impossible because they are just so many!And they`re proud of it!

You all should know that most of them are already lost and the only point they pay attention to is force.We should deal with them using force as a doctor cures a disease.

F6_Ace
07-13-2006, 06:03 AM
Perhaps they were doing 'a Materazzi' and winding their opponents up. Looks like you responded by doing 'a Zidane' by getting upset by it.

1-0 to them, I think.

Manos1
07-13-2006, 06:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
When I first flew online 3 years ago I always wondered whether some guys flew luftwaffe planes cos they secretly wished Hitler had won the war. I know many Jerry flyers don`t worry about that, and just fly cos they like the aircarft... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was looking at some interviews of English fans that visited Germany and was surprised to hear that, they too, overcome a lot of their prejudices about the Germans!
I can not hide my astounishment looking at some video footage of English football fans at the main square of a German town, with an inflatable WWII airplane with German crosses painted on it, singing the "little German bomber got lost" song...
(by the way does anybody have the words of that song!???)
If I would have to judge by the facts I saw in this video, England has a lot of fanatics which never overcome what happened 60 years ago and they specially came to Germany prepared (they had that inflatable airplane brought all the way from England) to cause trouble. Did they really come all the way from England to insult the Germans and take their revenge on what happened 60 years ago?
Could be... but maybe they were just young imature "kids" with very little in their brain and no real understanding of their actions.

Sometimes it is difficult and even unfair to judge someone by the results of a single action.

There were no incidents in Germany and most English football fans came back with very positive comments about Germany...

Please keep in mind that Germany and Austria have the harsest legislation against anything that has to do with the negative remainings of WWII (actually these young English fans were lucky not to be arrested for displaying swastika signs at a public place).

Somebody tried to wind you up, and he did. Whether he new enough about Churchil, I doubt.
I do not believe the people you refer to even play this game. If you think about it, this is a game where the Axis planes are the most difficult to fly and have big disadvantages against the allied planes. It requires a lot of skill and practice to learn to fly axis planes and then you still fly with a disadvantage.
It does not fit the "superior" mindset these people advocate.

I will agree with F6_Ace I think a 10 year kid tried "a Materazzi" (loooooooool - excellent one Ace http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif) on you and it worked !

~S~

Capt.LoneRanger
07-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Glad to see these football games actually got some people thinking and reviewing their opinions.

I wonder about this, though:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sometimes it is difficult and even unfair to judge someone by the results of a single action. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being judged by the result of single action? That quit doesn't get close to it. Being judged by something your grandparents did over half a century ago - that's the perspective we're looking at!

joeap
07-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Well I can say that I really respect carguy and Capt. LoneRanger (I respect plenty of people on this forum but just want to make a point now) becasue we have
a) carguy a Pole(I think) who is a dedicated LW flyer in the game and can seperate what the real LW helped do to his homeland 60 years ago while repecting their technology, flying skill and so on by flying them in the game.

b) Capt. who is a German with a P-40 in his sig, not sure what side you fly normally M8, with a healthy view of his and other's history.

Not that I am implying that those who fly their own countries side (at the time) share the ideology, but it is true a certain number both from the country and outside (a lot of neonazis for example seem to come from the US).

I as a Greek-Canadian have no problem playing a say a Crete scenario as the Germans (in a Steel Pnthers WWII ground warfare game) or flying against RCAF Spitfires or RCN corvettes in Silent Hunter III

MEGILE
07-13-2006, 07:29 AM
lol

he sounds like a comedian

Manos1
07-13-2006, 08:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Being judged by the result of single action? That quit doesn't get close to it. Being judged by something your grandparents did over half a century ago - that's the perspective we're looking at! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have a point there captain and I agree.

I do not think that Seafire generalises the issue to the whole LW flying nation as "Blue=LW=Axis=German=fascist" (or was it "=fascist=German" lol).

Right now we are about to stamp somebody as XXXX or YYYY because of the things he wrote one evening during a coop.
And maybe he meant what he said, maybe he was just so young, or so naive, or so provocative, or so stupid or, or, or,...

The same would be to try to judge Zidane just by looking at his last action on Sunday...

I also do not change my view on the British because of a 30sec video of fifteen half drunk 20year lads singing WWII songs...
Same way, I do not change my view on the Blue pilots in IL2FB because of one person who wrote he would like to have Hitler winning the war...

Let's not start a witch hunt where there is nothing to look for.
Everybody looks (and interpretes) things in a different way.

And in an attempt to change the mood of this sorrow thread to a more positive tone, talking about interpretations:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
As seen by the Germans:
http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/07/13/image001.gif
As seen by the French
http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/07/13/image002.gif
By the Italians:
http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/07/13/image003.gif
As seen by the US..(he's algerian after all.)
http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/07/13/image004.gif
And as seen by the press:
http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/07/13/image005.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

horseback
07-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Actually, Manos, how most Americans saw the incident would be a blank screen, or possibly a critique of Materazzi's 'flopping' technique by an NBA playoff veteran ("Hey man, his head didn't even move! You gotta get that whiplash effect goin', or the refs will ignore you every time, and then you never get to the free throw line.").

The unfortunate fact is that most Americans think Algeria is in Eastern Europe.

cheers

horseback

LStarosta
07-13-2006, 09:01 AM
And I'm sure he wasn't just rattling your cage. You are easy to provoke anyway.

HeinzBar
07-13-2006, 09:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeap:
Not that I am implying that those who fly their own countries side (at the time) share the ideology, but it is true a certain number both from the country and outside (a lot of neonazis for example seem to come from the US). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

S!,
The dirty side of a double edged sword. Some may argue, but it's the freedom to be an idiot that makes the USA great. You can say and do most anything you like, within the scope of the law, while living in the USA. You don't have to believe in a person's ideology, but one has to repect right to express their opinion right or wrong.

"A little evil is often necessary for obtaining a great good." I believe Voltaire is noted for this quote. Actually, Voltaire is one of my favorite authors. He may be a bit of a radical, but the basis of his thoughts are about the use and limits of human freedom.

HB

fordfan25
07-13-2006, 09:40 AM
I have a dark secret i must tell all of you now....its been something iv kept to my self for many years but now is the time to bring it out into the light....im a racist. thats right i the great fordfan is a racist......i HATE *Carnies*. thay have such kreepy little hands....and thay smell like cabbege you know http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Chuck_Older
07-13-2006, 09:47 AM

Still, it was a surprise. Next time I`ll stay and shoot the bugger down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People say things on the itnernet all the time that's false, an instigation, or just to see what reaction they will get. It had nothing to do with WWII or even Hitler, I'm sure. It was another jerk online who says things to provoke a reaction. Ignore dolts like that

rnzoli
07-13-2006, 09:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I left the server. On second thoughts I should have flown and shot him down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think your instinct was perfectly good. It's no joy to fly against/with people you don't like. You are not going to change their mind by shooting them down, far from it. You may even re-inforce his false beliefs, or increase his desire to tease you further. Your third thought would have been like "while the heck I my free time on this idiot at all!?"

Maybe I would have asked the host/admin, if he will tolerate that guy going in that direction. If the host/admin is silent or even shares that view, best to leave the idiots by themselves, trust me. I had a few quarrels on my server regarding religious subjects, I am saving all logs, so when things started to go rough, I told the people via chat to either ease up a little and concentrate on flying or they need to find another place to play. It sorted out and didn't occur again so far.

So unless you are on a mission to improve the world, don't waste time on playing with idiots. Shoot them in real life, yes, but in game??? Blahh.

Chuck_Older
07-13-2006, 09:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by horseback:
Actually, Manos, how most Americans saw the incident would be a blank screen, or possibly a critique of Materazzi's 'flopping' technique by an NBA playoff veteran ("Hey man, his head didn't even move! You gotta get that whiplash effect goin', or the refs will ignore you every time, and then you never get to the free throw line.").

The unfortunate fact is that most Americans think Algeria is in Eastern Europe.

cheers

horseback </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll go you one better. I was in Boston that night, and the restaurant I where I have dinner was showing the game. I saw the whole thing.

Now, I'm a hockey fan. When I saw that guy hit the dirt, I damn near yelled "get up you p*ssy!" at the screen. Wow, if that had been an NHL game, there would have been a bloody knuckles contest

That's how a lot of Americans see it, I think- the player that attacked the other has no grounds to do so, and the player thatw as attacked should have rresponded. And on the other side of the coin, now Zidane is being victimised? "Oh he was responding to inflammatory remarks, he's a victim" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif No he's not a victim, he's a pro athlete and players trash-talk all the time. So the Italian player said something about Zidane's Mom and SIster. Big deal. Is Zidane afraid it's true? There is no justification for attacking another player with intent to injure like that, end of story. It's Zidane's fault, he decided to do it, he should shoulder the responsibility for his actions. Cry-baby pantywaist can't take a little verbal abuse, as if it's never been done to him before. Crack under pressure much? Wah wah wah. His team paid the price for his lack of professionalism and lack of control, and he should feel shame for his stupid actions. that's this American's point of view anyways. The incident is being reviewed by the sanctioning body. For what? So they can get a big hanky for Zidane to dry his tears? The guy's supposed to be a Hero, not a Zero

justflyin
07-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Some great advice, but guys, try to remember the first rule of the internet:

"Believe half of what you hear and nothing of what you see."

People post things just for the pure sake of getting your goat. And not your BSS_Goat, either. The same with intentional teamkillers. They do it to get your reaction. The more you cry, the more they enjoy it.

The best thing that has always been my motto, don't give them what they so desperately need, ATTENTION. Those types get bored quick and move on.

Seriously, some of you need to work on your savvy skills. To even have taken that guy seriously was your first mistake. ;^)

Other times, I do what I do with the Jehovah's Witnesses that come to my door. I egg them on.

With the JWs, I go get my NIV Study Bible and have a seat out on my porch with them and discuss their beliefs in-depth. They are known for their mis-quotes and total BS scriptures. They don't usually last very long. Even if I offer them some iced tea or lemonade on those hot summer days. :^D

LEBillfish
07-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I fly every nationality of plane online though leaning toward the Japanese rides, I still fly them all and for whatever side that is short players no matter the scenario's nationalities.......Naturally you would think that means I have no prejudice or hate at all....nope....

I hate everyone http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

justflyin
07-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Manos, thank WOLF_Mondo the next time you see him. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at those!!! :^D

SeaFireLIV
07-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Yea, I know. I`ve seen plenty of racism in reality myself. I know what it`s like and how insidiuos it is. I`ve seen issues like this first hand and dealt with it - Hard. On the other hand, I understand people`s genuine concerns about immigration and stuff like that, which is another story. There are valid concerns (as long as they don`t go fascist). I have my own views on certain subjects that may make me look right-wing, but I`d never wish Hitler upon them.

When I first started I was muchly aware of this kind of thing, I guess as time went on I let my guard down. I guess the old words, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do..." Still apply.

Still, it`s just a timely reminder not to expect too much goodwill from Mankind and it gives me greater reason to fly and fight even better. WWII continued yea!

Yawn. I still think I shoulda just shot him down....

triad773
07-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Hey Seafire I would have probably left too. Yes the chat line on HL I have never paid much attention to, in part I'd rather focus on not getting shot down instead of typing. A good deal of the chatter may be relevant but also a good deal not; and as I can be a bit reactionary, I'd tend to be cautious in responding as I don't want to get banned on HL. I do my thing on Comms so it is seperate from HL; but then if someone is on Comms then the squad (mine or who elses,) can deal with the person in a more one-on-one (or many on one if warranted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) manner.

Yes and what Bearcat said; I still find it sometimes shocking the veneer of civilisation we have as a society.

~S~

CPS_Triad

Chuck_Older
07-13-2006, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by justflyin:

With the JWs, I go get my NIV Study Bible and have a seat out on my porch with them and discuss their beliefs in-depth. They are known for their mis-quotes and total BS scriptures. They don't usually last very long. Even if I offer them some iced tea or lemonade on those hot summer days. :^D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do two things:

One, tell them I already learned about God, and Two, tell them I learned about God in Catholic School

They split before I can finish

justflyin
07-13-2006, 10:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by justflyin:

With the JWs, I go get my NIV Study Bible and have a seat out on my porch with them and discuss their beliefs in-depth. They are known for their mis-quotes and total BS scriptures. They don't usually last very long. Even if I offer them some iced tea or lemonade on those hot summer days. :^D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do two things:

One, tell them I already learned about God, and Two, tell them I learned about God in Catholic School

They split before I can finish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

LStarosta
07-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Chuck, Zidane is just a man.

It's easy to say "he should have known better as a professional footballer". Alas, these people are human. They make mistakes. Apparently Materazzi said something that made him snap. So he did. I don't want to victimize Zidane or demonize him, but what happened, happened.

I see nobody complaining about Domenech subbing out Ribery and Henry. I see nobody complaining about Trezeguet missing his PK. What I do see is everyone beating the Zidane horse to death, because he's a much easier scapegoat for France's losing of the final.

x6BL_Brando
07-13-2006, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the host/admin, if he will tolerate that guy going in that direction. If the host/admin is silent or even shares that view, best to leave the idiots by themselves, trust me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can assure you that the host was unaware of what went down....he was grabbing a cup of coffee at the time. I can also tell you that he doesn't support the view that global domination by the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei would have been a good thing.

In fact he's just here for the flying - like so many of us.

B.

zugfuhrer
07-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Is this really a issue for this forum?
Has it something to do about this game?
I qoute;

RULES OF CONDUCT
In addition to the limitations set forth above, you will violate the Terms of Use if you in Ubi's sole discretion (or others using your Account) do any of the following:

Post content or send Communications of any form impugning someone's race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, political beliefs, or ethnic heritage.
End qoute

I hate what you say but I can die for your right to say it

SeaFireLIV
07-13-2006, 01:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zugfuhrer:
Is this really a issue for this forum?
Has it something to do about this game?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, yes it has. It was on HL (a gaming lobby for IL2), it happened during an actual mission in the chat bar. It most defintely has credence here.

That said, I should have just shot him down and not posted. It looks pretty naive on my part. I should always remember the great quotes like, "In times of Peace, prepare for war." As Vegetius said, meaning, "don`t think everything`s ok just cos nothing`s happening!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

x6BL_Brando
07-13-2006, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They split before I can finish </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After several months of being disturbed every Sunday morning by the wielders of The Watchtower, I discovered that answering the door naked with an erection worked a treat, and guaranteed me a trouble free Sunday for the rest of my tenancy. You might say they split before I could start http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I wasn't quite so adroit with a couple of the Mormon brethren. I was staying with my wife and two daughters at her parents' place in Surrey, prior to our leaving Britain. I was awaiting a large and overdue tax-rebate and we were very poor - so I hadn't paid the road tax on our old Beetle which was parked in the street.
I felt guilty about it and didn't want any hassle - so when a car sideswiped it one early morning, causing only light damage, I decided not to report it or claim insurance. That evening came a ring at the door-bell, and when I saw two men wearing trenchcoats and carrying black briefcases through the obscure-glass front door my wretched conscience made me draw a wildly lateral conclusion. Without considering that two plainclothes-men might be overkill for such a minor incident, I flung open the door and invited them in (for some farce, B-style).

I have to say that they were politely astonished at all this. "Do you know who we are?" asked a clean-cut blond with a neat crew-cut. Without even pondering why a London copper would have a Mid-Western accent, I replied, "It's my car guv, and I can explain everything" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
It might have been easier if they had fallen on the floor in hysterics. Instead the blond turned to his dark-haired, mute companion who opened his briefcase and handed me a business card. Still without a glimmer of a smile the blond informed me that they were Mormons (er, seventh sons of the archangel Brigham Young, or some such) and handed me a pamphlet.

To my shame, I was somewhat brusque as I reintroduced them to the street. "Salt Lake City, second on the left - turn right at the lights and keep effin' going for 3000 miles....bye..!" But there was no way I could let them in with such a moral advantage, was there? Maybe if they had smiled....

B.

justflyin
07-13-2006, 01:39 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

LMAO!!!

I like the cut of your jib, Brando.

Worf101
07-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Well, I've seen BOTH sides of the arguement on HL. I'm a pretty lousy dogfighter, but I'm becoming a fair to middlin' ground pounder. I've even gotten the "Red Wins" for my side from time to time... Bout near makes my buttons burst when I do.

I've never flown blue cept offline where I've done whole campaigns in the LW in various theatres. Last night I got shot down in a Razorback '47 by an Aussie from Melbourne (I think flying an ME 109). I was trying to get one of the Italian 110's and forgot about him a little too long.

He shot away my controls, I bailed (in friendly territory) I ~S~ and he did the same. When back in the lobby I looked him up and complimented him on his shot, he complimented me on making it so hard (I did juke a while but I do stink) and we chatted about crates and what we like to fly.

For all the stupidity I read on HL, and I too like Bearcat RARELY read what's written there, here I was having a wonderful conversation with a guy I've never laid eyes on, who literally lives on the other side of the world. This sim and HL allowed me to "share" a moment of comraderie that really made me feel great.

I KNOW that there are haters out there who only join Redtail 99th Coops to shoot us down FOR WHATEVER REASON. But I also know in my heart of hearts that there are MORE people who fly with us, cause the love the game, love the thrill and share the joy that this whole experience can sometime brings. On my tote board, HL and Oleg give more chance for love than hate and I'll take that ANY day.

Da Worfster

zugfuhrer
07-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Is there something in the development of this game that can be done to solve your problem?Is there something that the Maddox programming team got to know?

If someone is eating cheddar cheese while playing the game, is not an issue of this forum.

Chuck_Older
07-13-2006, 02:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
Chuck, Zidane is just a man.

It's easy to say "he should have known better as a professional footballer". Alas, these people are human. They make mistakes. Apparently Materazzi said something that made him snap. So he did. I don't want to victimize Zidane or demonize him, but what happened, happened.

I see nobody complaining about Domenech subbing out Ribery and Henry. I see nobody complaining about Trezeguet missing his PK. What I do see is everyone beating the Zidane horse to death, because he's a much easier scapegoat for France's losing of the final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, true; just a man

But that street goes both ways: a man is supposed to be level-headed. Can anyone snap? Sure

Zidane is more than just a regular man though; he is idolised, he represents a sport and it's presentation to the world, and he also represents himself. He's a gifted athlete, his deportment is noted. He is probably a role model for many young players as well.

In short, he is on many levels held to a higher standard than a regular private citizen. He's paid money to be a professional athlete; this goes far beyond mere on-pitch performance for many folks, myself included. I don't really blame him per se, but I also don't think his actions are excused just because somebody talked trash to him. He is not a victim

LStarosta
07-13-2006, 02:46 PM
I agree that he is idolised and held to different standards, but should he be?

Maybe this serves as a wakeup call to people. I won't forget what this 8 year old boy once told me: famous people's farts smell bad too.

IMO, it is much safer to simply respect a man for his skill and accomplishments as opposed to idolizing him. That way you won't be disappointed as much if he does something to remind you that he is a flawed being, be it a fart or a headbutt.

At least now anyone who thought Zidane was God will have his arguments put down, as if any one of Zidane's 14 career red cards hasn't done that already.

Sure, I'm disappointed in Zidane. But will I demonize him for what he did? No. It's time to move on already.

justflyin
07-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Besides, he isn't the first professional athlete to do something stupid in a game. He's just one of SI's Top 10, lol.

Pro Meltdowns (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0607/gallery.meltdown/content.1.html)

joeap
07-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Is this thread about FIFA and soccer or about neonazi flyers headbutting n00b Spit flyers on HL?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

justflyin
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeap:
Is this thread about FIFA and soccer or about neonazi flyers headbutting n00b Spit flyers on HL?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's about pretend neo-nazi 13 year olds who are off of school for the summer and like harrassing folks online while their parents aren't looking, lol.

Besides, it hurts when they headbutt me in my pink chiffon dress, while in my Spitfire.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

danjama
07-13-2006, 03:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Worf101:
Well, I've seen BOTH sides of the arguement on HL. I'm a pretty lousy dogfighter, but I'm becoming a fair to middlin' ground pounder. I've even gotten the "Red Wins" for my side from time to time... Bout near makes my buttons burst when I do.

I've never flown blue cept offline where I've done whole campaigns in the LW in various theatres. Last night I got shot down in a Razorback '47 by an Aussie from Melbourne (I think flying an ME 109). I was trying to get one of the Italian 110's and forgot about him a little too long.

He shot away my controls, I bailed (in friendly territory) I ~S~ and he did the same. When back in the lobby I looked him up and complimented him on his shot, he complimented me on making it so hard (I did juke a while but I do stink) and we chatted about crates and what we like to fly.

For all the stupidity I read on HL, and I too like Bearcat RARELY read what's written there, here I was having a wonderful conversation with a guy I've never laid eyes on, who literally lives on the other side of the world. This sim and HL allowed me to "share" a moment of comraderie that really made me feel great.

I KNOW that there are haters out there who only join Redtail 99th Coops to shoot us down FOR WHATEVER REASON. But I also know in my heart of hearts that there are MORE people who fly with us, cause the love the game, love the thrill and share the joy that this whole experience can sometime brings. On my tote board, HL and Oleg give more chance for love than hate and I'll take that ANY day.

Da Worfster </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said worfster, you read my mind. I cant count on one hand how many good "friends" i have on HL. There really are some nice people in this community.

BTW my view on Zidane is, i hate to put the responsibilty of childrens futures on his and people like his shoulders, but they shouldrealise that they are paid to be in the media spotlight, while playing their game. They have a responsibilty. That doesnt mean i dont sympathise with his situation, i can totally relate, but when you are paid that much, your responsibilties come first. No, dont demonise or punish him. But make sure that he makes it clear to all that he was in the wrong (which i believe he has done anyway). He seems like a decent bloke to me.

carguy_
07-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Can we dump this Zidane stuff?Getting boring...

MB_Avro_UK
07-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi all,

My worst experiences were in 2003 at the start of the Gulf war. I (UK) was in a dogfight room with a good German friend when 2 US guys joined the room. These guys were team killers and hated Europeans as we were seen at that time as anti USA. I tried to reason with them but it was a waste of time.

A year before I was hounded by an Irish guy in a dogfight server who supported the IRA. He joined my side in order to kill me for the sake of Ireland.

My ancestors are from Cork and I will shortly be marrying a girl from Sligo....where will this end??

Best Regards,
MB_Avro.

Taylortony
07-13-2006, 04:50 PM
IGNORANCE IS BLISS......... had he indeed lived in the times he seems to so longingly wish for, it may have been for a short time, he may have found himself possibly a short wooden handcart journey away from a crematorium.....

I for one am glad that he has the right to be naive, something millions of people never got the opportunity to enjoy.........

RCAF_Irish_403
07-13-2006, 05:17 PM
if only we could get oleg to nerf the nazis on HL.....Then World Domination Will be Mine

Bearcat99
07-13-2006, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by papotex:
there you go.......................
if you are looking for something specific for so long ,you'll be the first one to detect it

witch hunt I call it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Talk about abiguous..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

What exactly are you talking about? If you mean my statement, I dont have to look for anything on HL or anywhere else... the fact that it exists is obvious.... since Hyperlobby is a place where I go to get my flight sim jones scratched... I only let the clueless effect me but so much, but they do exist.. they are on HL every night last time I looked.... and they certainly dont need excuses made for them.

LOL! I think never a truer word was said. Aye, I`m aware I`m dealing with Humans, but as the good ol` Leo that I am, I tend to try and see the best in everyone first before remembering that this world is one hell of a tormented place - even in games! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

August 2 here..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

A funny thing about astrology.... I seriously believe that the predictive aspecs of astrology are debateable... and frankly... if you get inside info on the future that is correct it comes from one of two sources... one is legit... the other is not.... but to a certain extent both can be accurate... though one source is ALWAYS accurate... while the other is not.... but I know too many people who fit thier signs to a T as far as thier personality goes....... I also find that very often throughout my life I have had similar experiences with similar signs as far as women, friends and family go..... for what it is worth.

I dont judge people by the planes they chose to fly... the 109 is a sweet bird.... and frankly.. I dont have the skills to fly the 190 like many I see online do... and I really dont have to develope them... When it comes to these forums and places like HL.... all we have to go on is what is in that chat window/post.... and when I see foolishness coming off my screen from certain folks.. consistantly...then I know where to put them on my GAF meter.

As for Zidane.... well all kinds of things are done in the heat of battle... which is what it is like in a high stakes sporting match... for him it was his last game.... not to justify it.. but I have seen many atheletes do dumb stuff as a result of frustration...

SeaFireLIV
07-13-2006, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:

A funny thing about astrology.... I seriously believe that the predictive aspecs of astrology are debateable... and frankly... if you get inside info on the future that is correct it comes from one of two sources... one is legit... the other is not.... but to a certain extent both can be accurate... though one source is ALWAYS accurate... while the other is not.... but I know too many people who fit thier signs to a T as far as thier personality goes....... I also find that very often throughout my life I have had similar experiences with similar signs as far as women, friends and family go..... for what it is worth.

... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5th here. Hmm two male leos in one forum... Is this place big enough, lol! You`re older, and a mod , so I`ll let you be the boss! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Astrology is a funny old thing. I think, "What a load of rubbish!" then something happens that makes me think, `what the?`

Like my last girlfriend I had, she was so weird, never spoke, never had an opinion. I ended up doing all the talking and she never said anything. I`d say, "Well, what are you thinking?" She`d go, "Nothing." Weird.

Then I got an astrology book and checked romances with scorpios and Leos and the book said, "Don`t bother with female Scorpio, Leo, you won`t understand them, they`ll say nothing when you ask how they feel and they`ll just confuse you and you`ll get frustrated. You`d be better off reading a good book!"

I could not not believe how accurate it was. It literally described our relationship to a `T`! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Weird.

Bearcat99
07-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah but thats not just Scorpio women.. thats all of them..LOL. It is interesting though.. because I have always been attracted to women born in November, June and September.... my wife is born in June...LMAO.

T_O_A_D
07-13-2006, 06:25 PM
The size of the Human brain never ceases to amaze me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

I fly all and judge no one by their ride. Bit of a plane ***** myself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

But this reminds me of a time long ago on the Zone flying CFS2. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

There was this room carring some Satanic name, and description. Noone was flying in it, after about a 1/2 hour or so I felt urged to get in there and take a look around.

I get in there, and this Nut case with his Devilsh name start spoutting trash at me. About how Omniputent Him and Satan were Bla Bla Bla.

So I tell him Jesus was with me, and the two of us would like to challenge him to a fight. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

He then really gets torted up after that, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif and really cranks up the trash talk. After about 10 minutes of this bantering. I finally tell him that Jesus was getting a bit impatient, and growing weary with all this, and really wanted to get it on. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

So we get in there, Jesus and I decided to show good faith and choose the Zero.

This guy takes the George.

First pass Jesus Smokes him, and politley keeps his mouth shut, and lets it all soak in with a pleasent grin beside me.

Second, third fourth, fifth, pass and more, Jesus just smokes this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif twit.

I know I had him or some higher power in there with me, because I had never Owned anyone like that before or since. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

By now you can only guess the filth flying in text across the screen, about how Jesus and I was cheating. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

So we told him it was done, and that were going to move on to another room and spread the love.

After Jesus and I left, we noticed this guy shut down his room promptly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

After all these years, I still wish for the life of me I would of had that text recorder running in the background that day, like I did when in a match back then.

Never saw the guy again either.

bird_brain
07-13-2006, 07:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T_O_A_D:
Never saw the guy again either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes you have... you know who you were really flying against..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif
Glad you two beat him, but he will be back later to mess with someone with less faith. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

F6_Ace
07-14-2006, 06:28 AM
Zidane already apologised for his actions, particularly to teachers and kids, which was a decent move by a decent bloke. Also, if Zizou had butted either a NHL or NFL player, he'd have come off worse because he'd be nutting 3ft thick ponce pads. Compare NFL with rugby...that would be a better comparison.

I don't know what the fuss is about anyway - you run into all sorts on the internet and you shouldn't be surprised at anything (I never am). Best way to deal with someone dishing some abuse out is to dish something worse. Childish, true...amusing, also. Always worked for me, anyway.

Monty_Thrud
07-14-2006, 08:38 AM
I hope its ok to post this...if not say and i'll remove it...but this says it all...

http://premium1.uploadit.org/bsamania//20040319l.jpg

These people are usually pwned by their partners or mothers and have no friends...the internet is a way for them to escape and feel in control for a moment...but then its back to their sad little world...pity them

Chuck_Older
07-14-2006, 09:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:

... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5th here. Hmm two male leos in one forum... Is this place big enough, lol! You`re older, and a mod , so I`ll let you be the boss! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Astrology is a funny old thing. I think, "What a load of rubbish!" then something happens that makes me think, `what the?`

Like my last girlfriend I had, she was so weird, never spoke, never had an opinion. I ended up doing all the talking and she never said anything. I`d say, "Well, what are you thinking?" She`d go, "Nothing." Weird.

Then I got an astrology book and checked romances with scorpios and Leos and the book said, "Don`t bother with female Scorpio, Leo, you won`t understand them, they`ll say nothing when you ask how they feel and they`ll just confuse you and you`ll get frustrated. You`d be better off reading a good book!"

I could not not believe how accurate it was. It literally described our relationship to a `T`! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

August 12. I'm sure everyone could guess I was a leo. I actually get along with other leos well. Actually perhaps "get along" is deceptive; I scheme and plot with other leos very well

Da_Godfatha
07-14-2006, 09:34 AM
@MB_Avro_UK and Cpt. LoneRanger, both of your post were very intresting, but I must tell you the flip side of the coin.

I am a white American (Jewish) married to a African-American woman. We both work for a large American company in Germany. We have been living here for the past 20 years. At the time of the Gulf War, my wife and I were constantly told how "Evil" the Americans are for picking on such a "Peace-loving" country like Iraq. We were spit-on (THAT happened just once, I broke that Mofo's jaw so fast he did not know what hit him), our auto's were vandalized and we got hate calls. Now, I know it was most likely just a small group of idiot's doing this, but those who stood by and did nothing are just as at fault. The funny thing is, my father is German and my mother is American, so I have a typical German name. I do speak German with a American twang. Now do not get me wrong, we love living in Germany, so much we have bought a house here so when we retire, we can spend 6 months here and 6 months in th U.S. Our daughter is married to a very nice German guy.

To Capt.LoneRanger, I think that it will take generations, maybe more than our lifetime, for the stigma of what our (yes I had family on the German side in WW2 also) grandfathers/mothers did will be forgiven. The scope of what happened is just too great. One other problem is the school system, it sometimes makes this dark period in history seem "not-so-bad". I have talked to alot of young adults who work with me, and when they are asked why the second world war was started, many tell me, now get this, "the Jews started it" !

Now please, I am not saying all Germans think like this, I am not making any excuse for anybody who thinks Hitler was right. SeaFire, you should have shot that loud-mouth MoFo down everytime he went up Dude.

SeaFireLIV
07-14-2006, 10:16 AM
I hear you, Da godfatha. Kinda sad that stuff like that can still happen today, even if the kids were just joking. That`s life, I guess, we all gotta be prepared always cos just when you think Humanity might be ok, someone`ll come along and kick you where it hurts... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

@ Chuck Older.

Ha! Should`ve known you were a Leo. Probably a few other Leos around here I`ll bet. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

PraetorHonoris
07-14-2006, 11:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Da_Godfatha:
I am a white American (Jewish) married to a African-American woman. We both work for a large American company in Germany. We have been living here for the past 20 years. At the time of the Gulf War, my wife and I were constantly told how "Evil" the Americans are for picking on such a "Peace-loving" country like Iraq. We were spit-on (THAT happened just once, I broke that Mofo's jaw so fast he did not know what hit him), our auto's were vandalized and we got hate calls. Now, I know it was most likely just a small group of idiot's doing this, but those who stood by and did nothing are just as at fault. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So far, I can hardly believe this happened, but although very unlikely, there are a few people like that. Clearly a minority, however.
I had my "fun" with such people myself when I was in active service in the Luftwaffe, since I used to go home in my uniform.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Da_Godfatha:
One other problem is the school system, it sometimes makes this dark period in history seem "not-so-bad". I have talked to alot of young adults who work with me, and when they are asked why the second world war was started, many tell me, now get this, "the Jews started it" ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is outright nonsense. Take up a German history school book, the one and only guilty nation is Germany. Watch a Guido Knopp 'documentary', aired by the public broadcast, the only evil doing are German. Allied firebombing is justyfied in these, while German firebombing is condemned.
The people you named above also applaud the expulsions and mass murders of the Red Army as long as the victims are Germans. It's because all Germans, no matter what age or gender, were Nazi murderes according to them. Sounds absurd? It does, but it's sad reality.
Guess what happened to Fighter Wing "M├┬Âlders" after some of those got to know, M├┬Âlders flew in WWII - on German side! Now it's JG 72... politicians were afraid of being accused as right wing sympathising, that's why they changed to name.
I could name a hundred similar cases.

Saying "the jews started it" is not only nonsense, but illegal.

On the other hand, it's perfectly legal calling me murderer, when I am in uniform.

The Allied demilitarisation of Germany was more than successful, maybe even to much. Of course a war warring nation like the USA is not held in high esteem by youthful pupils, who are educated to hate all war and the ones starting it - according to Allied order.
(whether the war is justified or not, is another question)

carguy_
07-14-2006, 12:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:
http://premium1.uploadit.org/bsamania//20040319l.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Stoepsel_31
07-14-2006, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PraetorHonoris:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

danjama
07-14-2006, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MB_Avro_UK:
where will this end??

Best Regards,
MB_Avro. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That IS the question

Of course, never is the answer.

bienenbaer
07-14-2006, 12:48 PM
@MB_Avro_UK and Cpt. LoneRanger, both of your post were very intresting, but I must tell you the flip side of the coin.

I am a white American (Jewish) married to a African-American woman. We both work for a large American company in Germany. We have been living here for the past 20 years. At the time of the Gulf War, my wife and I were constantly told how "Evil" the Americans are for picking on such a "Peace-loving" country like Iraq. We were spit-on (THAT happened just once, I broke that Mofo's jaw so fast he did not know what hit him), our auto's were vandalized and we got hate calls. Now, I know it was most likely just a small group of idiot's doing this, but those who stood by and did nothing are just as at fault. The funny thing is, my father is German and my mother is American, so I have a typical German name. I do speak German with a American twang. Now do not get me wrong, we love living in Germany, so much we have bought a house here so when we retire, we can spend 6 months here and 6 months in th U.S. Our daughter is married to a very nice German guy.

To Capt.LoneRanger, I think that it will take generations, maybe more than our lifetime, for the stigma of what our (yes I had family on the German side in WW2 also) grandfathers/mothers did will be forgiven. The scope of what happened is just too great. One other problem is the school system, it sometimes makes this dark period in history seem "not-so-bad". I have talked to alot of young adults who work with me, and when they are asked why the second world war was started, many tell me, now get this, "the Jews started it" !

Now please, I am not saying all Germans think like this, I am not making any excuse for anybody who thinks Hitler was right. SeaFire, you should have shot that loud-mouth MoFo down everytime he went up Dude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sir,

this might hurt you, but it is hard to believe you are not fantazising.

If it was true, then, as a German, I would like to express me regret and dismay in person.

Would you mind providing me the company you work at and your office phone number (e.g. in a PT) so I could call you up?

danjama
07-14-2006, 01:05 PM

... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mines on the 5th too wtf http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

DuxCorvan
07-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Just in case that HL troll is in fact one of those "Boys from Brazil" clones...

...please someone admit him in an Art Academy... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BTW, I've never played any game online so psycho to effectively hate any of my gaming mates. I switch sides as innocently as I switch channels on a TV. You know, I'm only playing, not fighting a f****g real war. I'll never understand those guys who only fly one side, or one plane type. Games are made for fun, not to satisfy stupid nationalistic frustrations.

Anyway, the only nation that some Spaniards seem to hate... is Spain. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Jettexas
07-14-2006, 05:06 PM
The neo-fascists can say what they like.
It wont change the historical outcome.
They are in fact losers.

And apologists take note, none but the instigators need feel guilt over realities of war, ultimately all atrocities on all sides arose through thier actions.