PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to make the gunsight view a toggle?

BadKarma72
11-10-2004, 02:35 PM
I use the hat down for the gunsight view. I want to go from the normal cockpit view to gunsight with hat down and then back with another hat down.

Possible?

Note that I have standard gameport CH hardware so programming is out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

scootertgm
11-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Gunsite view is a toggle, if your using hat down to switch, then use hat down to switch back.

Slingn
11-10-2004, 02:41 PM
only if you set it to toggle field of view. I dont like the toggle, i have 3 views(wide, normal and gunsight) set to the hat button so i can select whichever i want without cycling thru them.

Athosd
11-10-2004, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BadKarma72:
I use the hat down for the gunsight view. I want to go from the normal cockpit view to gunsight with hat down and then back with another hat down.

Possible?

Note that I have standard gameport CH hardware so programming is out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As Slingn noted there is a "toggle field of view" (can't recall its exact name) command in the games control config. Set your 'Hat up' action to that command and it will step through the zoom levels each time you hit the hat.

Cheers

Athos

Tully__
11-10-2004, 04:15 PM
There are two view controls with "gunsight" in the name. One is "Toggle Gunsight" which is a toggle and moves the pilots head to shooting position but doesn't change Field of View. This is a toggle. The other is called "Gunsight View". It would perhaps be better termed zoom view and isn't a toggle.

There is no way to make the second control a toggle in the game, but the profiling software for some joysticks can be programmed to make it a toggle on the joystick. What stick are you using?

EJGr.Ost_chamel
11-10-2004, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
There are two view controls with "gunsight" in the name. One is "Toggle Gunsight" which is a toggle and moves the pilots head to shooting position but doesn't change Field of View. This is a toggle. The other is called "Gunsight View". It would perhaps be better termed zoom view and isn't a toggle.

There is no way to make the second control a toggle in the game, but the profiling software for some joysticks can be programmed to make it a toggle on the joystick. What stick are you using? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny how many people don't know the point "Toggle FOV" in the controls. This Command cycles through the three standard view angles: Normal View (70?) -> Wide View (90?) -> Gunsight View (30?) .
So, if you are happy with a "three-way"-toggle, this is what you are looking for!

Greetings
EJGr.Ost-Chamel

BadKarma72
11-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Ah, ok got it. I set it to the gunsight view and not the toggle. I prefer the fov of gunsight view however.

I'll try the fov toggle, that should do it.

Tully: I'm using CH old and busted gameport stick and rudder. Can't program much if anything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Thanks for the help guys.