PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Spit' N Fire

rmorgansmith
04-23-2007, 08:29 PM
I can't seem to get the new Spit 'N Fire campaign to load. I extracted it to the file location indicated in the easy installation read me and i can find it when I look in the 1946 directory but when I open the game and create a new pilot and RAF career it does not appear as an option. I am using the Lownengrin DCG in the full auto generate mode, replacing the stock campaign generator, is there some conflict? Do I need to change settings on the DCG or eliminate it altogether?

Thanks in advance.

Rob Smith

flyingloon
04-24-2007, 01:00 PM
make sure that only the folder "battleofbritain2" is in the gb campaign folder (path below or similar). dcg shouldn't be interfering with it, as it's a scripted campaign not a generated one.

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Campaign\GB\BattleofBritain2

rmorgansmith
04-24-2007, 01:14 PM
DCG is the only folder in the gb campaign folder, how do I fix this, seems strange since I followed the install directions.

FlatSpinMan
04-24-2007, 06:38 PM
You didn't place it in the DCG folder under GB did you? If so, remove it, go back to the main IL2 folder and look for Missions.Open that, go to Campaign then GB and paste it there.

rmorgansmith
04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
thanks for the help all, I had to manually remove Dcg from the GB folder and manually place the Battle of Britain in the GB folder and it works fine now. Mystifying how this game and addons work sometimes. I also deleted DCG in general for now, it did seem to interfere somehow.

WilhelmSchulz.
04-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Whats "Spit'N Fire? Besides a Spitfire campaign

FlatSpinMan
04-24-2007, 08:13 PM
It's pretty much what you said it is, a Spitfire campaign. It recreates the Battle of Britain and is part two of a series. Link. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9731027055?r=3971015355#3971015355)

Judging by your avatar image you might be more interested in this one though. Note that neither of these campaigns actually uses a map of Britain or France for the simple fact that they do not exist in game so you'd have to make some concessions to geographic reality. Once that's done they are fun.
Luftwaffe Pilot: Battle of Britain@Mission4Today (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1847)

I should also point out that neither of these are connected to the coming new version of this game called Storms of War: Battle of Britain.