PDA

View Full Version : Why Abstergo can't be in Italy

kolbaskat
12-04-2010, 06:26 AM
Well,I have read often theories that Abstergo is located in Italy,but it actually can be,and if it is in italy it won't make sense.

Somewhere when you're outside the Animus if you talk to Rebecca she says that the translator software is almost finished.But if they were in Italy,why would they need an translator software,the would understand every of the words.

Desmond asked something about the software,because there some phrases which don't get translated when you play.

magesupermaster
12-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Well, Lucy's, Shaun's and Rebecca's ethnicity is not italian(Myabe Desmond too), but that doesn't stop them(Or other people) from working in Italy.

Also, the Abstergo building in Italy doesn't seem to be the main HQ for Abstergo.

Rakudaton
12-04-2010, 09:04 AM
They need a translator software because Dezzie no speaka da italiano. Even if the rest of them speak it fluently, he would be struggling around in the animus trying to understand what the heck he was supposed to do next - it's just easier to have the software on. Besides, frequently they might use the animus to explore memories in other languages (*cof*ALTAIR*cof*) so clearly it was necessary to create such software in the first place: it's not like they're building it from scratch just for Desmond...

LightRey
12-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
They need a translator software because Dezzie no speaka da italiano. Even if the rest of them speak it fluently, he would be struggling around in the animus trying to understand what the heck he was supposed to do next - it's just easier to have the software on. Besides, frequently they might use the animus to explore memories in other languages (*cof*ALTAIR*cof*) so clearly it was necessary to create such software in the first place: it's not like they're building it from scratch just for Desmond...
Rebecca obviously isn't Italian, neither are Shaun (=English) or Lucy. Abstergo could easily be located in Italy. They would need translation software even for Italian for the very same reason Desmond needs it. They have subjects that aren't Italian. The Animus 2.0 is an improvised copy of the ones from Abstergo so it would have similar translation software.

kriegerdesgottes
12-04-2010, 01:12 PM
I agree it shouldn't be in Italy but let's face it, it is. If you pay attention in the second game and you replay the parts in the new hideout and you look out the window you will notice you are in florence. another clue in the second game is when you break out and fight the guards in the garage if you look around you will notice all the signs and directions are all written in italian.

kolbaskat
12-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Oh,I though that it's kinda weird why should Abstergo hire non italian people,also did Abstergo travel the whole way to USA(or whatever place desmon is frome) just to get Desmond.

Anyway,to be honest,I don't really like that it's in italy,I don't know why,but somehow it does not "fit" for me lol.

LightRey
12-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by kolbaskat:
Oh,I though that it's kinda weird why should Abstergo hire non italian people,also did Abstergo travel the whole way to USA(or whatever place desmon is frome) just to get Desmond.

Anyway,to be honest,I don't really like that it's in italy,I don't know why,but somehow it does not "fit" for me lol.
Actually, in ACII when Desmond escapes Abstergo, the people you and Lucy beat up look southern European, so they could very well have been Italian employees.

I think Abstergo's probably an international company, which would mean that the place where Desmond was held might not have been their main office (though it is where their templar animus training is being held).

Archabacteria
12-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Even if they all could speak Italian, the Italian in Ezio's life isn't modern Italian. Languages change a lot in 512 years or so.

Confusious30
12-04-2010, 05:03 PM
I saw parking signs in Italian in AC2, when you escape from Abstergo.

X10J
12-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Abstergo is just a public name for the templars, so they don't realy have a nationality. Honestly, though, I thought the "we were actualy in Italy the entire time" thing was the games biggest twist.

LightRey
12-05-2010, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by X10J:
Abstergo is just a public name for the templars, so they don't realy have a nationality. Honestly, though, I thought the "we were actualy in Italy the entire time" thing was the games biggest twist.
Including the ending of ACB?

magesupermaster
12-05-2010, 05:07 AM
Well, Desomnd did say he wanted to explore the world.
He probably came to Italy, found a job as a bartender and that's it, perfectly normal!

PhiIs1618033
12-05-2010, 05:59 AM
How is it that you people don't realise that the building in Italy may very well be Abstergo's HQ and that they just could've flown Desmond there from America or wherever he was?

LightRey
12-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
How is it that you people don't realise that the building in Italy may very well be Abstergo's HQ and that they just could've flown Desmond there from America or wherever he was?
Exactly!

Abeonis
12-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

Because the facility you're talking about, where Desmond had been kept by the Templars for a week previously, is exactly the same facility he and Lucy later escaped from. That facility had signs written in Italian.

I honestly cannot believe some poeple still cannot get over the fact that, for once, a company realised there are other countries in the world besides the US.

LightRey
12-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

Because the facility you're talking about, where Desmond had been kept by the Templars for a week previously, is exactly the same facility he and Lucy later escaped from. That facility had signs written in Italian.

I honestly cannot believe some poeple still cannot get over the fact that, for once, a company realised there are other countries in the world besides the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not what he said. What he said was that Desmond could easily've been kidnapped by Abstergo when he was in the US or any other country for that matter and then flown to Italy from there. He's actually agreeing with you.

Abeonis
12-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

I honestly cannot believe some poeple still cannot get over the fact that, for once, a company realised there are other countries in the world besides the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's not what he said. What he said was that Desmond could easily've been kidnapped by Abstergo when he was in the US or any other country for that matter and then flown to Italy from there. He's actually agreeing with you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In that case, my apologies, I must've misread his answer. But my point still stands, a lot of people out there refuse to believe anything is possible unless an American is involved, or it happened in America.

ses898
12-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Well all the Templars we have met in 2012 just so happen to be, you guessed it...American. But they are in Italy because the US has become kind of like Mexico. Hence why in the first game one of the emails said "Mexico is increasing border security to keep out the illegal (American) aliens." Oh the irony. So Abeonis do a little bit more research before you actually assume you know all the facts. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I meant this entire post to be good natured.

ses898
12-05-2010, 07:29 AM
For all anyone knows, Abstergo could've been originally based in America or even multi-national but the American branch could've been shut down or just not shown in-game yet. Who knows? But I do know that Abstergo's employees were speaking English like Americans. No Italian, Arabic, or even British accents. Hmm..how odd considering there were no Americans involved. Maybe I am just missing something due to my hatred that there wasn't any American involvement. lol. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Abeonis
12-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by ses898:
Well all the Templars we have met in 2012 just so happen to be, you guessed it...American. But they are in Italy because the US has become kind of like Mexico. Hence why in the first game one of the emails said "Mexico is increasing border security to keep out the illegal (American) aliens." Oh the irony. So Abeonis do a little bit more research before you actually assume you know all the facts. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I meant this entire post to be good natured.

Ok, and how many modern-day Templars have we actually met, that have had a speaking role? Two, Vidic and Rikkin. I suggest you do some research first. Modern-day embassies normally only employ people of the nationality of the country being represented, so why can't companies do the same.

Also, I never said no Americans were involved, I said it wasn't set in America, so I suspect you are missing something.

Finally, double posting is against forum rules.

ses898
12-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Lucy, Rikkin, Vidic, employees who told Lucy & Desmond to stop (when they were escaping) the facility, in AC1 employee over intercom saying Assassins had breached the building.

PhiIs1618033
12-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Lucy, Rikkin, Vidic, employees who told Lucy & Desmond to stop (when they were escaping) the facility, in AC1 employee over intercom saying Assassins had breached the building.
Security hired from America? Yeah, seems far sought, but not as much as neglecting the fact that you see Italian signs in the Abstergo parking lot. Besides, the security agents patrol high-risk areas, with all the animi around and the research rooms and all that stuff. If I were the templars, I'd only put my most trusted personnel there.

Lucy, Rikking and Vidic could be inpats, 'imported' from America. It happens a lot in big companies.

X10J
12-05-2010, 09:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:
Including the ending of ACB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In sort: Yes.

In long: Yes, I expected some crazy *** **** to go down at the end, knew that they'd top the previous game, and figured that Juno was gonna say/do some thing insane.

But our being in Italia the entire time, now I just didn't see that one coming.

kolbaskat
12-05-2010, 11:18 AM
First of all,for me it's not "bad" because it's another country than U.S.A(I'm not american,so...)

For me it feels more like that they did it so Desmond and the others could get to Montegrione,in other words to fill holes.(spontaneous)

Also on the other side,I have the feeling that in the last AC game(probably AC III) you play as Desmond.And when you're facing to Abstergo,I imagine high-technology,skyscrapers and all those stuff,Italy just dosen't fit(I have been there quite often.

For me it does not fit,but if Ubisoft is able to make it still epic,then I'm fine with it...

X10J
12-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Maybe they were in the U.S. and then drove to Italy when they escaped.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kolbaskat
12-05-2010, 12:03 PM
But people said the signs were written in italian :/

X10J
12-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Yes, that was the joke I was making. Not the fact that driving across the Atlantic would be rediculous. *sigh*

saif186
12-05-2010, 01:14 PM
remember in AC II when Desmond left the animus for training Lucy said that vidic became obsessed with Italy after the seeing the memories of subject 16 so maybe he demanded that Desmond must be brought to Italy. But there is one weird thing Desmond isn't surprised that he is in Italy

kolbaskat
12-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Good,point this is really quite weir lol...

But as mentioned before,if we play as Desmond in
AC III,then Italy would not fit that good IMO,since I'd expect and futuristic and high-technology based place,with many skyscrapers like...(from what I have seen of Italy,there was not such a place.(I don't want to say that that Italy is backward)

But it still maybe that the real HQ is at an other place...

X10J
12-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Abstergo is based in America, you go to their HQ in AC3, problem solved.

Disclaimer: Not actual fact or even theory, just a possible solution.

Abeonis
12-05-2010, 01:55 PM

Source?

X10J
12-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:

Source? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I forgot to put a disclaimer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

RH3SUS
12-06-2010, 07:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

That's not what he said. What he said was that Desmond could easily've been kidnapped by Abstergo when he was in the US or any other country for that matter and then flown to Italy from there. He's actually agreeing with you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to this comic (http://assassinscreed.fr.ubi.com/assassins-creed-bd/index.php), which is officially release by Ubisoft in french language only (or so I think), Desmond worked as bartender and was kidnaped in Paris.

So you see, it's very likely that none of the action ever happened in the US.

LightRey
12-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by RH3SUS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

According to this comic (http://assassinscreed.fr.ubi.com/assassins-creed-bd/index.php), which is officially release by Ubisoft in french language only (or so I think), Desmond worked as bartender and was kidnaped in Paris.

So you see, it's very likely that none of the action ever happened in the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, sadly that very same comic series also gives a different storyline after the escape from Abstergo. Meaning it's probably non canon.

RH3SUS
12-06-2010, 07:19 AM
yeah, sadly that very same comic series also gives a different storyline after the escape from Abstergo. Meaning it's probably non canon.

It's an enriched version, but hardly non-canon. It ends with Lucy and Desmond escaping and with him syncing with Ezio, so I hardly will call it "alternative".

Do you mind telling me why would Ubisoft release a non-canon comic book that would only differ in the city Desmond lived in?

PhiIs1618033
12-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by kolbaskat:
And when you're facing to Abstergo,I imagine high-technology,skyscrapers and all those stuff,Italy just dosen't fit(I have been there quite often.
I don't feel it should be this way, so it's not this way.

Nice argument you've got there.

LightRey
12-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by RH3SUS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

It's an enriched version, but hardly non-canon. It ends with Lucy and Desmond escaping and with him syncing with Ezio, so I hardly will call it "alternative".

Do you mind telling me why would Ubisoft release a non-canon comic book that would only differ in the city Desmond lived in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I said SERIES. Meaning there's more.
I don't know why. Read the wiki: http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...French_Graphic_Novel (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%E2%80%99s_Creed_-_French_Graphic_Novel)
They even show 16 (called Michael) being alive in the comic.

Keksus
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
They just placed Desmond in Italy with AC2 because it was convenient. Abstergo really can't be in Italy:

Picture from AC1:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/101202/temp/8qobx36e.jpg (http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2361/8qobx36e_jpg.htm)

You won't find these sockets (lower left corner) anywhere in Europe. These are american / asian sockets.

I hate it that they just placed Desmond in Italy because it doesn't fit at all. Really, if they wanted to make the historic setting of AC2 in Italy, I would have had no problem with it ... even though I don't like an italien setting for AC. But the fact with Desmond was ... just weak. For example Desmond can't speak a word italian. Everything pointed that the abstergo facility in which Desmond was located was in america, but then AC2 came and they were to lazy to develop new textures for the modern age scenery and they just said that he was in Italy all the time. Stupid crap.

RH3SUS
12-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Keksus:
They just placed Desmond in Italy with AC2 because it was convenient. Abstergo really can't be in Italy:

Picture from AC1:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/101202/temp/8qobx36e.jpg (http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2361/8qobx36e_jpg.htm)

You won't find these sockets (lower left corner) anywhere in Europe. These are american / asian sockets.

I hate it that they just placed Desmond in Italy because it doesn't fit at all. Really, if they wanted to make the historic setting of AC2 in Italy, I would have had no problem with it ... even though I don't like an italien setting for AC. But the fact with Desmond was ... just weak. For example Desmond can't speak a word italian. Everything pointed that the abstergo facility in which Desmond was located was in america, but then AC2 came and they were to lazy to develop new textures for the modern age scenery and they just said that he was in Italy all the time. Stupid crap.

THE SOCKETS!!! OMG u're right. The socktets prove it *sarcasm*

The signs written in italian don't.

You win!

LightRey
12-06-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm Dutch. We have those sockets here too.
So CLEARLY Abstergo is in the Netherlands.

BiGBoYArEs
12-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Question. When you look out the window at Abstergo in AC1, isnt the building surrounded by other skyscapers, or tall buildings?
---Keep in mind I haven't played AC1 in years, this is purely by memory.---
If what I asked is true, is there anywhere in Italy that is as highly urbanized like a city in the US may be?

LightRey
12-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Yes, Italy is not a 3rd world country y'know.
example Milan:
http://cache.virtualtourist.co...edral_Roof-Milan.jpg (http://cache.virtualtourist.com/1864051-Milan_from_the_Cathedral_Roof-Milan.jpg)

BiGBoYArEs
12-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Then I guess that ends this discussion.

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Yes, Italy is not a 3rd world country y'know.
example Milan:
http://cache.virtualtourist.co...edral_Roof-Milan.jpg (http://cache.virtualtourist.com/1864051-Milan_from_the_Cathedral_Roof-Milan.jpg)

I'm sure Shaun would disagree. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

kolbaskat
12-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Italy has this kind of Sockets:Typical Eu Sockets (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/French-power-socket.jpg)

Still Milan has something of the "old" feeling lol,but that's not the only thing which feels odd for me...
It just looks for me like they wanted it first to make like in U.S.A,but at the last moment they thought:"C'mon let's change the whole place to skip problems which could come up..."

The sockets are an indicator that it was planned to be U.S.A,anyone who would mind to look out of the windows AC I(I can't atm)

Keksus
12-06-2010, 11:28 AM
THE SOCKETS!!! OMG u're right. The socktets prove it *sarcasm*

The signs written in italian don't.

Think about it: They added the signs in AC2. You can only compare AC1 (what they originally thought) and AC2 (what they decided after that).

They wanted that Desmond is in Italy in AC2 ... but they hadn't planned anything like this in AC1. There aren't any signs italien signs in AC1 ... they've just rewritten the story in AC2 ... and it wasn't favorable for the game.

RH3SUS
12-06-2010, 11:33 AM

Think about it: They added the signs in AC2. You can only compare AC1 (what they originally thought) and AC2 (what they decided after that).

They wanted that Desmond is in Italy in AC2 ... but they hadn't planned anything like this in AC1. There aren't any signs italien signs in AC1 ... they've just rewritten the story in AC2 ... and it wasn't favorable for the game.

So you want me to agree that Ubisoft wanted us to believe it was the US during AC1 and then changed their mind and put the italian signs in AC2 so we were led to believe it was Italy?

Just because of the sockets? Well...

First I'm gonna stop being sarcastic ok? I do accept your point of view but we are probably getting a little bit anal about this. The truth is that this game is, like so many other projects, a work in progress, the creativity process should be fluid and change whenever it needs to. So yes, the question to "Is Abstergo in Italy?" could really have changed from AC1 to AC2. But that is something that we cannot say just because of the type of sockets.

It's been a surprise to me, but I am now inclined to believe that the AC universe is almost 100% European.

Most likely, Desmond lived and worked in Paris when he was kidnapped. He stayed with Abstergo during AC1 and AC2 in either France or Italy. Unless I see some clear evidence showing otherwise, that's what I will believe.

Abeonis
12-06-2010, 11:43 AM
The simple fact of that matter is, no matter what evidence anybody on these forums has suggesting the Abstergo facility is based in the US or not doesn't matter. Ubisoft have said, and clearly indicated through use of Italian language signs, that the facility is located in Italy, it's canon, deal with it.

Ubisoft could say the Abstergo facility is located on the moon, and it would be canon.

kolbaskat
12-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Okay,my last point is(even though that I'm not 100% sure)I only remember a bit of the houses which you can see outside the windows in AC I,and they do not look like houses in florence...

But anyway,I don't want to argue anymore about that only time will tell,everyone has their own opinions...

Okay,I think that America would be a more "epic" place,but if Ubisoft is able to make the 3rd game(assuming you play as Desmond) a great game then I'm fine with it...

At the end only time will tell...

edit:I did not see the post above(by Abeonis)
I have never read/heard of that Ubisoft said that the facility is located in Italy...

RH3SUS
12-06-2010, 12:12 PM
They have never said it, really. But I find it hard for Desmond, Lucy, Shawn and Rebecca to have travelled by plain or boat to Italy.

Another thing is, the italian signs could have been a bleeding effect... Who knows?

I can't take this anymore, I want answers!!
The ending of AC:B was too much really. This is not a TV series, we won't have to wait a week to find out what's gonna happen. I think the ending could have been a little less harsh to the fans.

kriegerdesgottes
12-06-2010, 12:46 PM
For all anyone knows, Abstergo could've been originally based in America or even multi-national but the American branch could've been shut down or just not shown in-game yet. Who knows? But I do know that Abstergo's employees were speaking English like Americans. No Italian, Arabic, or even British accents. Hmm..how odd considering there were no Americans involved. Maybe I am just missing something due to my hatred that there wasn't any American involvement. lol. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif They were speaking english like americans most likely because you bought the american version of the game. If you had bought the game in italy they probably would be speaking italian

Keksus
12-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Most likely, Desmond lived and worked in Paris when he was kidnapped. He stayed with Abstergo during AC1 and AC2 in either France or Italy. Unless I see some clear evidence showing otherwise, that's what I will believe.

There's one thing because I don't like Desmond being in Italy ... because it makes no sense at all. Because they just said in AC2 that he's in Italy because they were to lazy to make new textures for the setting in 2012. It just turned out like this because they didn't want to make more textures or even another city in which you can play with Desmond. Desmond is in Italy because Ubisoft is lazy and, of course, because of the fan service.

Another thing is, the italian signs could have been a bleeding effect... Who knows?

So they had cars in the reneissance?

LightRey
12-06-2010, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most likely, Desmond lived and worked in Paris when he was kidnapped. He stayed with Abstergo during AC1 and AC2 in either France or Italy. Unless I see some clear evidence showing otherwise, that's what I will believe.

There's one thing because I don't like Desmond being in Italy ... because it makes no sense at all. Because they just said in AC2 that he's in Italy because they were to lazy to make new textures for the setting in 2012. It just turned out like this because they didn't want to make more textures or even another city in which you can play with Desmond. Desmond is in Italy because Ubisoft is lazy and, of course, because of the fan service.

So they had cars in the reneissance? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't get it. Why doesn't Italy make sense to you? It sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

X10J
12-06-2010, 01:40 PM
I think his point is that they retconned it so that Desmond could go to Monteriggioni.

Keksus
12-06-2010, 01:45 PM
I think his point is that they retconned it so that Desmond could go to Monteriggioni.

That.

If they want Ezio in Italy fine. But Desmond in Italy ... makes no sense. Even the last part with the colloseum would have been more believable if Desmond and the others had to fly to italy first.

Really: Why should Abstergo bring Desmond to a base in Italy? What do they want in Italy? And why should they fly Desmond to italy when he was according to the comic in Paris first?

LightRey
12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
The comic is most likely non canon people.
again, the wiki: http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...French_Graphic_Novel (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%E2%80%99s_Creed_-_French_Graphic_Novel)

X10J
12-06-2010, 02:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think his point is that they retconned it so that Desmond could go to Monteriggioni.

That.

If they want Ezio in Italy fine. But Desmond in Italy ... makes no sense. Even the last part with the colloseum would have been more believable if Desmond and the others had to fly to italy first.

Really: Why should Abstergo bring Desmond to a base in Italy? What do they want in Italy? And why should they fly Desmond to italy when he was according to the comic in Paris first? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They probably didn't want him to fly because if he did the templars would be on to them. also the baggage charges for the animus would be outrages.

LightRey
12-06-2010, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keksus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think his point is that they retconned it so that Desmond could go to Monteriggioni.

That.

Really: Why should Abstergo bring Desmond to a base in Italy? What do they want in Italy? And why should they fly Desmond to italy when he was according to the comic in Paris first? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They probably didn't want him to fly because if he did the templars would be on to them. also the baggage charges for the animus would be outrages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do realize we're talking about the templars flying Desmond over to Italy, right?

kolbaskat
12-07-2010, 06:56 AM
I think he's more talking about that if the HQ was in USA,then it would not be easy for Lucy & co. to fly him over to Italy

ses898
12-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ses898:
For all anyone knows, Abstergo could've been originally based in America or even multi-national but the American branch could've been shut down or just not shown in-game yet. Who knows? But I do know that Abstergo's employees were speaking English like Americans. No Italian, Arabic, or even British accents. Hmm..how odd considering there were no Americans involved. Maybe I am just missing something due to my hatred that there wasn't any American involvement. lol. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif They were speaking english like americans most likely because you bought the american version of the game. If you had bought the game in italy they probably would be speaking italian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touche' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

On an unrelated note: How do you guys think Vidic knew about TWCB in AC1? When he said "They were left for us." "by who?" asks Desmond "By Those Who Came Before." (talking about all the greatest achievements of Abstergo) I wonder? hmmm

LightRey
12-07-2010, 09:15 AM
I remember one of the last truth files containing a letter concerning the "real" origin of man (the file with the skeleton). So they probably even know about Eden and the whole Adam and Eve thing.