PDA

View Full Version : Combo Kills

PlagueDoctor357
11-18-2009, 08:17 AM
So is this in the game or not?

I can't seem to get it if it is so I assume no because I used to be power at it.

I notice when you disarm an enemy, you can pretty much Deathblow him in some special fashion.

But does he only do a combo kill when the enemies life runs out automatically now? Or can I actually hit the attack button as the sword connects like AC1?

l Khasim l
11-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:
So is this in the game or not?

I can't seem to get it if it is so I assume no because I used to be power at it.

I notice when you disarm an enemy, you can pretty much Deathblow him in some special fashion.

But does he only do a combo kill when the enemies life runs out automatically now? Or can I actually hit the attack button as the sword connects like AC1?

It works pretty much like in AC1. If you hit an enemy a few times in a row in a combo, you'll damage him for, say, 50% hp, and the next perfect combo hit is going to be a finisher. Also, attacking an unarmed/downed enemy or attacking them from behind is an instakill too.

PlagueDoctor357
11-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok, so it ISN'T like AC1 then?

Because to get a nice little visual kill in AC1 all you had to do was hit the attack button at the same time your sword connected with his.

You could do this in one strike if you had the timing down.

GkrewZ
11-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:
Ok, so it ISN'T like AC1 then?

Because to get a nice little visual kill in AC1 all you had to do was hit the attack button at the same time your sword connected with his.

You could do this in one strike if you had the timing down.

your talking about COUNTER kills not COMBO kills, yes you can hit attack when the swords connect to do a finisher,some guards its harder to do on so u need to weaken them first, others you dont have to weaken

Captain Tomatoz
11-18-2009, 03:30 PM
no counter kills are a counter and combo kills are when you press the attack button just as the weapon hits the opponent they are both animated http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

vanbuskirks
11-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Tony is right. Combo kills and counters both have animations, but combos are triggered by hitting ATTACK when your first attack is blocked by your enemy and Counters are triggered by pressing ATTACK as your enemy is attacking you. The wording makes sense as you are combo-ing (multiple attacks) or countering the enemy's attempt to hurt you.

Mcmole2
11-19-2009, 01:00 AM
If you disarm an opponent, you automatically kill them on the next blow with their weapon, usually in some awesome fashion. Combo kills are done after taking off chunks of the guards health and counter is when you respond to them attacking you.

blarson11
11-19-2009, 01:34 AM
ive been wondering the same thing. now that we all know what it is, can someone tell us if it is in the game? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

combo kills provided some of the most satisfying kill animations in the first game, but i cant seem to land one either. from what i have seen it looks like it does it automatically now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif