PDA

View Full Version : banned in hperlobby

Codger1949
07-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Ok, after wading through the forums and reading "Tip & Tricks" it seems that when you recieve the message "Connection closed..." that means that a ban has been imposed. I then read the "License, Rules" and discovered that you can get banned for anti-social behavior. Ok, fine. The problem is I DON'T even use the chat feature in HL. I use HL for one reason and one reason only, to fly online. So, the question is WHY the devil was I banned? I posted this question on HL and still haven't got a reply, explanation, dressing down, whatever. My online handle is "Craper". Maybe one of you folks know what I did. Even a more relevant question would be to ask is there another way to find online games. Because, quite frankly, I don't have the patience or tolerance for this overzealous, moderator behavior. Like I said before, my only desire is to play online, not get in flaming contests with other players, which I haven't done.

Codger1949
07-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Ok, after wading through the forums and reading "Tip & Tricks" it seems that when you recieve the message "Connection closed..." that means that a ban has been imposed. I then read the "License, Rules" and discovered that you can get banned for anti-social behavior. Ok, fine. The problem is I DON'T even use the chat feature in HL. I use HL for one reason and one reason only, to fly online. So, the question is WHY the devil was I banned? I posted this question on HL and still haven't got a reply, explanation, dressing down, whatever. My online handle is "Craper". Maybe one of you folks know what I did. Even a more relevant question would be to ask is there another way to find online games. Because, quite frankly, I don't have the patience or tolerance for this overzealous, moderator behavior. Like I said before, my only desire is to play online, not get in flaming contests with other players, which I haven't done.

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Nothing against Hyperlobby, but I use ASE (AllSeeingEye). You can get it here: http://videogames.yahoo.com/multiplayer

It's free and offers a bit more information on the servers (i.e. version, IP, etc,..) as well as allowing longer names. Hyperlobby doesn't allow me to put in my full preferred name.

TB

whiteladder
07-24-2006, 08:13 AM
2 choices,

Make a direct connection to the server you want to join using their I.P (fine if you know it.

or

Edit beat me to it!!

use all seeing eye at
http://videogames.yahoo.com/multiplayer

I use the trial version which works fine

Codger1949
07-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks Gents. I appreciate your help. ~S~ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LEBillfish
07-24-2006, 08:56 AM
"Connection Closed"...simply means exactly what it says.....Could mean HL went down, your connection went down, or you disconnected. I get that message all the time under any of those conditions. If their server is down then you won't be able to reconnect.

So what makes you say "you're banned"?.....Like I said, I receive that message all the time and nothing has ever inspired me to go find out if I was banned. Lastly, did you ask on the "HyperLobby Forum" if you were or why? Or even PM jiri to confirm it?

No one can help you here on this, there is where you need to get real answers.

Codger1949
07-24-2006, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
"Connection Closed"...simply means exactly what it says.....Could mean HL went down, your connection went down, or you disconnected. I get that message all the time under any of those conditions. If their server is down then you won't be able to reconnect.

So what makes you say "you're banned"?.....Like I said, I receive that message all the time and nothing has ever inspired me to go find out if I was banned. Lastly, did you ask on the "HyperLobby Forum" if you were or why? Or even PM jiri to confirm it?

No one can help you here on this, there is where you need to get real answers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, actually, according to the HL website, as I stated in my original post, "Connection closed..." means you have been banned. Also, doing extensive research in their forums reveal that mysterious (and not so mysterious) bans are not uncommon. Now unless, HL has been down for the last 13 hours, which I can't verify because nobody has posted anything on such an occurence in HL and there is nada wrong with my online connection because I can connect to game servers through All Seeing Eye, I am going to assume that I've been banned, just like Jiri said in "Tip & Tricks". The reason I posted here is because I'm not getting a response from my queries in the HL forum or PMs to Jiri. And since there are a bunch of hard corps Il2 pilots in here with years of experience I was very confidant that somebody could help. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif And I'm afraid that you're in error. I already received help from two other gents. So, with all due respect, thanks for your response.

_VR_ScorpionWorm
07-24-2006, 09:27 AM
There are moderators in HL? When are they around when you need them.....

Its possible that you yourself were not banned but somebody with a closely matching IP address to yours(ie: first digits) and thus you are affected. Also your connection may be getting lost somewhere during the transfer, do a trace route to HL.

"The reason I posted here is because I'm not getting a response from my queries in the HL forum or PMs to Jiri. And since there are a bunch of hard corps Il2 pilots in here with years of experience I was very confidant that somebody could help"

All these others can do is give you an alternative not solve your problem with HL, only Jiri can do that, be patient and stop expecting everybody over at the HL forums to jump on your query and answer to you about your problem, once again, only Jiri can answer that, or a mod if you were really banned.

Codger1949
07-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the suggestion to do a tracert to HL.

Yes, I'm quite impatient for a solution, explanation and termination to my exasperation for not being able to make a connection in order to satisfy my addiction to this game.

I play it everyday. How would you like it if somebody cut off YOUR meds, huh??!!

Crash_Moses
07-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Could it be a timeout maybe?

I know when I leave hyperlobby up and leave for awhile (play with the kids, go to the store, extended potty break...whatever) when I come back the connection has been closed. I just click connect again and voila! I'm back in the game!

TgD Thunderbolt56
07-24-2006, 11:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Codger1949:
I already received help from two other gents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe...he called me a "gent". http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Codger1949:
How would you like it if somebody cut off YOUR meds, huh??!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You wanna see a gent be not so gentlemanly? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

_VR_ScorpionWorm
07-24-2006, 11:46 AM
My meds come in a variety of flavors, not just IL2 so I guess I'm ok. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

Stackhouse25th
07-24-2006, 11:59 AM
political discussion gets u banned, cuz ive had it happen to me...

Codger1949
07-24-2006, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Moses:
Could it be a timeout maybe?

I know when I leave hyperlobby up and leave for awhile (play with the kids, go to the store, extended potty break...whatever) when I come back the connection has been closed. I just click connect again and voila! I'm back in the game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm glad you brought that up. I wondered if that might be the cause of the ban. Yes, I've done the same thing, left the puter to tend to a demand from the boss or something, come back and the connection is terminated. I just click connect and I'm back on. No, this has been going on for 15 hours so far. Something else is amiss. The only thing I can do now is wait for a reply from Jiri. I wish to hell he'd wake up.

Codger1949
07-24-2006, 12:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stackhouse25th:
political discussion gets u banned, cuz ive had it happen to me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You see, that's what perplexes me here. I don't chat in chat. I don't hardly say anything in the game either except for perhaps, "Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to run into you." or "Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to shoot a team mate". And I don't vulch unless it's permitted. I don't know what the heck is going on. I hope it's mistaken identity. Maybe he doesn't like my nick, "Craper".

Codger1949
07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
How do I do a tracert to HL. I don't know the ip address of the HL tracker, or whatever that interface is called. Thank heavens that there is an alternative in All Seeing Eye. This is the best damn game I've played ever. If anybody knows a better one, if that's possible, please clue me in.

FoolTrottel
07-24-2006, 01:33 PM
Try tracert hlhost.hyperfighter.sk
(To be executed in a command prompt, Start, Run, type Cmd, press Ok. Oh, and when yer done exit to exit the command prompt)

I'm not sure about that host name, but it's in the hlpro.ini file, so...

Codger1949
07-24-2006, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FoolTrottel:
Try tracert hlhost.hyperfighter.sk
(To be executed in a command prompt, Start, Run, type Cmd, press Ok. Oh, and when yer done exit to exit the command prompt)

I'm not sure about that host name, but it's in the hlpro.ini file, so... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks. I tried the name you gave and I didn't see any problems. Can't find anything in hlpro.ini file. so I tried hyperfighter.sk and got all kinds of hops but no indications of any problem there either. Best I can do now is for whatshisname at HL to reply to my queries.

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-24-2006, 02:28 PM
A typical HL ban last for 24 hours. Only Juri can ban longer then that. So if you can not get back in within 24hours then you were not banned and most likely have other issues.

If you have a favorite server post it here. Im sure one of us can get the IP of it for you.

Codger1949
07-24-2006, 04:35 PM
This is unbelievable. I've gotten no response from a mod at HL all day long. I have gotten responses from other players saying they are the victims of the same, arbitrary treatment. No explanation, no warning, no nothing. This is abuse of power and it takes enjoyment out of the game if you have to worry that some mod doesn't like the color of your hair or the set of your jib, so to speak. I would use ASE but it seems that some of the servers don't show up in the list and I can't connect to other servers. I get no server response or server full which I know is wrong because the stats say there are 5 players but 40 are allowed like in AFJ, as an example. So, my question is: is there a tracker or something that displays all the Forgotten Battle servers online and their corresponding IP address. I'll just join by IP and not mess around with HL

bogusheadbox
07-25-2006, 04:09 AM
I don't understand your problem. Hyperlobby has run flawlessly for me. Maybe a corrupt install perhaps. Have you tried uninstall &gt; Dll cleaner &gt; reainstall ?

If that does not work do as others have said.

Ask for the IP address and direct connect.
Get All Seeing Eye and connect that way.

As for an above post saying that ASE gives more information. Yes and no.

No as in Hyperlobby also has the ability to give you TS server info, IP address info, and version of game.

Yes as in, quite often ASE will show more available places than Hyperlobby. If our squad is online and there are no places left on hyperlobby. A quick change to ASE usually gives a few more spots.

Codger1949
07-25-2006, 04:28 AM
Thanks for all your input. Problem solved. Ban was a 24 hr. spank, for what reason who the hell knows. Never did get a response from Giri or the lackey that originally banned me. But at least I know I can get online through UBI, ASE or IP.

bogusheadbox
07-25-2006, 04:58 AM
Whose been a bad boy then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Wilburnator
07-25-2006, 02:11 PM
I don't know why you got a 24 hour vacation from hyperlobby, but I have a guess. I bet a mod saw your callsign "Craper" and decided it was a bit too close to a similarly spelled word, lol. The reason I say this is that one night I was on comms with some friends and one of the had a slightly off-color callsign as a joke. Nothing particularly offensive, I don't recall exactly what the name was, but suddenly *poof* he was booted from HL. A 24 hour ban. No warning, no explaination, just gone. He wasn't talking politics or harrassing anyone, or even typing in the open chat. All we could figure was that some mod saw his name and failed to see the humor in it, lol.

Just a guess.

Codger1949
07-25-2006, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilburnator:
I don't know why you got a 24 hour vacation from hyperlobby, but I have a guess. I bet a mod saw your callsign "Craper" and decided it was a bit too close to a similarly spelled word, lol. The reason I say this is that one night I was on comms with some friends and one of the had a slightly off-color callsign as a joke. Nothing particularly offensive, I don't recall exactly what the name was, but suddenly *poof* he was booted from HL. A 24 hour ban. No warning, no explaination, just gone. He wasn't talking politics or harrassing anyone, or even typing in the open chat. All we could figure was that some mod saw his name and failed to see the humor in it, lol.

Just a guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Whew... You know I'm beginning to wonder if you're right. If you go to HL forums there's a bunch of folks complaining about these mysterious bans. Since I rarely ever use chat, generally just to ask a question about the game, I just couldn't understand what I did that was "anti-social" I've also observed that the general attitude from the main mod boils down to the simple "we can do whatever we want to in HL and if you don't like it...LEAVE.", which, after careful consideration, is his right to demand, as rude as that attitude may be. HEY... somebody ban that man. Seriously, the gentlemanly thing to do is advise the alleged offender that he/she has done something offensive and give an opportunity to adjust the situation. Guess,I might have to consider a name change, maybe.

I think it's time to move on to more pressing matters like seeking an answer to the nagging http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif question, "Can one of those damn 109's actually outrun an LA7?

Bearcat99
07-25-2006, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stackhouse25th:
political discussion gets u banned, cuz ive had it happen to me... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It took em long enough...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

MaxMhz
07-25-2006, 05:23 PM
HL mods do not warn before a ban afaik. They don't explain why you were banned either. The only way to get back onboard is to contact Jiri on the HL forums which can take a very long time.
Anyway - since you have ASE up already - that can connect you to most dedicated games too.
Every now and then bans are lifted. You could wait for that too - could take a couple of years lol
...better not call Jiri Giri roflmao (who knows how long it would take then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif