PDA

View Full Version : Could there ever be a joint Rainbow Six & Splinter Cell storyline?

RawKryptonite
04-16-2006, 08:49 AM
As in both games, released simulataneously that share a storyline. Maybe even involve Ghost Recon?

Each game could be played independantly, but each mission on one leads to the next mission on the other game. That enables some sort of lead or info for the first game and back and forth. You could play each game independantly, or if you own each game, play a mission on one, go to the other to directly continue the storyline, then back to the other after that mission was over if you wanted to do it that way.
Kind of how SC campaign and co-op had a little tie in, occured at the same time, whatever.

Sam Fisher on a mission finds out about a terrorist plot, finishes his mission...Rainbow heads in to take down terrorists, captures one who spills the beans about some terrorist training compound where Ghost Recon happens to be, they go in to take them down...more info comes up and feeds the story further...

Would take a lot of cooperation, a lot of quality control and a really good storyline to pull it off, but it would be nice to have the 3 best titles in gaming working together. Would also be an extra incentive for people to own all 3.

splinterz_2
04-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Great idea! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Darth_SS
04-16-2006, 04:16 PM
I don't think that could happen. The problem is that Sam's missions are all black, so the US wouldn't ever talk about them. Ever. Near as I can tell from the games, Lambert reports directly to the president himself. If the US government learns of some massive terrorist plot, they'd set up safeguards against it and deploy the SEALs, or Delta to deal with them. It's very doubtful that the US would risk letting that information out to Rainbow, given that Rainbow is composed of soldiers from multiple countries, unless the terrorist plan involves multilateral attacks.

However, I do believe it's entirely possible that Sam could simply be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and be there when Rainbow comes in. In that event, I can see Lambert frantically telling Clark that he's got a man on the inside of the building, and then the two coordinating their actions.

The Ghosts and Rainbow working together is much more likely, in my opinion. The ghosts are just Green Berets, I believe, they could send a message to their command that says they have a situation that is out of their hands, and request assistance. Rainbow would be this assistance, as long as the country there were in green-lighted Rainbow.

RawKryptonite
04-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Rainbow is a black op outfit too, just international. There was a leak in the book, but it came straight from the President's Cabinet.

I think Rainbow & Third Echelon would be the best fit together, since they are similar in nature, but the Ghosts could fit in due to being in a key country already or something like that.

Darth_SS
04-16-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm still going to disagree with you.

Third Echelon is an intelligence gathering outfit. Sam goes in and finds one or two pieces of the puzzle. The games show them reporting directly to the president.

Rainbow is a CT group, and a Hostage Rescue Team. They are the trigger pullers. They go in and they deal directly with a threat. Unlike Sam, the opposition will definitely know they were there.

There may be common ground, like there was in Chaos Theory and Ghost Recon 2, but they would never be directly involved with one another. The time it took the information from Sam to reach Rainbow would simply do away with any connection.

scorpio_11
04-16-2006, 10:28 PM
u know what i have to say http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RawKryptonite
04-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth_SS:

Third Echelon is an intelligence gathering outfit. Sam goes in and finds one or two pieces of the puzzle. The games show them reporting directly to the president.

Rainbow is a CT group, and a Hostage Rescue Team. They are the trigger pullers. They go in and they deal directly with a threat. Unlike Sam, the opposition will definitely know they were there.

(Read Rainbow Six, the book. They go in dressed as local cops, amusement park workers...whatever. You'll like it)

The points you make are exactly WHY it WOULD work so well. Rainbow can get just about anywhere in Europe immediately, anywhere else in the world as fast as they can get on the plane. They'd be perfect to deal with whatever Sam discovered. They would compliment each other VERY well. Rainbow can only be called into play if a participating nation's government formally requests it, they aren't police. Only certain people know about them.

I'm not saying they would work DIRECTLY with each other, they wouldn't even have to be AWARE of each other.

Sam finds out that the person/corporation he's investigating is the head of some terrorist organization, who is planning a hit on some VIP in some European country. Sam goes on with the rest of his part of the storyline, which will again feed info to one or both of the other groups to deal with in their fashion. His intel is passed on to the country the guy is in, who mentions that guy has just been taken hostage with 20 other people in a bank. Rainbow is sent in to deal with it, since they're the most qualified. They capture 1 guy who slips about his tactical training by ___ (whoever), before being handed over to the local government. They report that info back, they're involvement is over for the time being. Ghost Recon is near that country now and assault the compound. None of the groups are aware of each other. Sam retrieved the initial intel. He doesn't know that Rainbow is the group handling that part of the mission, the hostage rescue, he's just told it's "in hand". Rainbow doesn't know that Ghost is being sent in to shut down the training compound with 100 evil-doers on site. They work together as part of an intelligence/assault network, not directly with each other, and all do their part that they are specialized to deal with. They don't even have to know about each other, since they're just doing their jobs. That way, the games can all be independant but all tie in neatly together and flesh out every aspect of a huge operation that's bigger than any ONE group.

It's not far fetched, just needs a good plot and storyline to carry it out.

There may be common ground, like there was in Chaos Theory and Ghost Recon 2, but they would never be directly involved with one another. The time it took the information from Sam to reach Rainbow would simply do away with any connection.

Like I said, they WOULDN'T be directly involved with each other, they just play their piece of a much larger puzzle, knowing that someone else out there is doing their part too.
Information travels fast, that's what Rainbow is based on--immediate response. It could all work perfectly together with a well thought out storyline.

kimi_
04-17-2006, 02:59 PM
It is my belief that Logan Keller and Sam Fisher are brothers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Darth_SS
04-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Ah, see, I misunderstood you.

I thought you meant it would be something like "Holy ****! Terrrorists." "Hi. We're Rainbow." "Oh. I'm Sam Fisher. Can I work with you guys."

My mistake. With what you've put forward, yes. That is likely, and possible. And I have read the book. Three times. Be careful of your judgements.

With the proposed situation, though, I doubt the ghosts would be there. They're just a group of Green Berets, I believe, and it usually takes a long time to authorize the deployment of Special Forces. At least, that's what it said in Masters of Chaos, which was written by Green Berets, about the Green Berets.

RawKryptonite
04-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth_SS:
My mistake. With what you've put forward, yes. That is likely, and possible. And I have read the book. Three times. Be careful of your judgements.

I wasn't judging you, I was recommending a book. Sounded like you hadn't read it. Glad you've already gotten to it.
Glad you agree, now if Ubi would just do that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HyperHawk
04-17-2006, 06:31 PM
OO I have and Idea they could make it as following... You play one mission as Sam this would play like a splinter Cell Game. Sam goes in and gathers all intelegence needed after sam is extracted and teh information is gathered then they send in Rainbow to take out the terrorist threat. Something like that and can jump Splinter Cell to Rainbow mission by mission. Never gonna happen but I like the idea

Nomad_381
04-19-2006, 12:17 PM
I think it would be sweet if Sam was on a mission and suddenly Rainbow or GR showed up for some reason or another, and it suddenly became Sam's mission to evade them while gathering his intel. Would have to be one of the later levels, because outsmarting Rainbow or even GR should not be an easy feat.

del130528032037
04-19-2006, 02:34 PM
I like the idea of the space between the games. I hope a meeting like that never takes place because it's different gameplay and experiences. The stories wouldn't intertwine like should. It would be a pain to mod a game such as that.

Yen Lo
04-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Not a bad idea, but seriously after RVS and Lockdown, and GR2 Ubi needs to concentrate on making games that dont bomb. Also games that actually work like they are advertised too, like EAX that works.

Goliath.Ubi.Dev
05-01-2006, 01:45 PM
There is a way that could happen, no plans for it at the moment but definetly a fun idea !

drunkrepublican
05-08-2006, 09:29 PM
GR4 R66 and SC5 should all have this.

RawKryptonite
11-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Goliath.Ubi.Dev:
There is a way that could happen, no plans for it at the moment but definetly a fun idea !

EndWar comes mighty close!
(2 years later LOL)

crespo1
12-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by RawKryptonite:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darth_SS:

(Read Rainbow Six, the book. They go in dressed as local cops, amusement park workers...whatever. You'll like it)

The points you make are exactly WHY it WOULD work so well. Rainbow can get just about anywhere in Europe immediately, anywhere else in the world as fast as they can get on the plane. They'd be perfect to deal with whatever Sam discovered. They would compliment each other VERY well. Rainbow can only be called into play if a participating nation's government formally requests it, they aren't police. Only certain people know about them.

I'm not saying they would work DIRECTLY with each other, they wouldn't even have to be AWARE of each other.

Sam finds out that the person/corporation he's investigating is the head of some terrorist organization, who is planning a hit on some VIP in some European country. Sam goes on with the rest of his part of the storyline, which will again feed info to one or both of the other groups to deal with in their fashion. His intel is passed on to the country the guy is in, who mentions that guy has just been taken hostage with 20 other people in a bank. Rainbow is sent in to deal with it, since they're the most qualified. They capture 1 guy who slips about his tactical training by ___ (whoever), before being handed over to the local government. They report that info back, they're involvement is over for the time being. Ghost Recon is near that country now and assault the compound. None of the groups are aware of each other. Sam retrieved the initial intel. He doesn't know that Rainbow is the group handling that part of the mission, the hostage rescue, he's just told it's "in hand". Rainbow doesn't know that Ghost is being sent in to shut down the training compound with 100 evil-doers on site. They work together as part of an intelligence/assault network, not directly with each other, and all do their part that they are specialized to deal with. They don't even have to know about each other, since they're just doing their jobs. That way, the games can all be independant but all tie in neatly together and flesh out every aspect of a huge operation that's bigger than any ONE group.

It's not far fetched, just needs a good plot and storyline to carry it out.

Like I said, they WOULDN'T be directly involved with each other, they just play their piece of a much larger puzzle, knowing that someone else out there is doing their part too.
Information travels fast, that's what Rainbow is based on--immediate response. It could all work perfectly together with a well thought out storyline. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i have to agree with you , i have just recently read the book , and during rainbows very first mission which strangely enough takes place in switzerland....

the team storm a bank and are mistook for swiss cops ,i remember reading a paragraph which describes clarkes reaction to the media stating the rainbow was swiss cops.. This is exactly how clark wanted it as rainbow are black just like third echelon.

o WhoCares o
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
that sounds like the original Matrix game. You had to play it through on one character and you got to see a cinemation of the other character (in this case the other game). Then once you finished the game you could play it through on the other character. Sort of the same idea except spread across 2 or more games.

Raide
12-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Actually, you could play as Sam Fisher before each level and collect intelligence and strategic data which is then handed over to the Rainbow team who can then use the data to plan the mission and execute it.

Depending on how well you do in the first part will dictate how successful the final outcome would be.

RawKryptonite
03-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Another piece of this (very old now) puzzle.
Mentioned in Xplay that the new Splinter Cell will launch a storyline to be carried throughout the Clancy-verse.
Could we be getting close to this? Hope there's a Rainbow coming in the near future, preferably before Ghost Recon in the Fall, or at least not long after it.