PDA

View Full Version : GW: Any way to remove x10 peri magnification?

Moustacheo
05-01-2006, 03:07 AM
I've just installed GW and am loving it, but one thing that bugs me is the x10 magnification on the periscope. In the readme it just says something along the lines of "changed to complement the contacts mod". Sounds a bit worrying to me, it doesn't seem to have been changed for any benefit to realism. After all, it even says on the periscope view 1x.5-6x, why the change?

But anyway, what I'd like to know is which file and/or config line alters the magnification? If anyone can point me to the right file, I can simply replace it with the stock SH3 file. Any help would be much appreciated.

Moustacheo
05-01-2006, 03:07 AM
I've just installed GW and am loving it, but one thing that bugs me is the x10 magnification on the periscope. In the readme it just says something along the lines of "changed to complement the contacts mod". Sounds a bit worrying to me, it doesn't seem to have been changed for any benefit to realism. After all, it even says on the periscope view 1x.5-6x, why the change?

But anyway, what I'd like to know is which file and/or config line alters the magnification? If anyone can point me to the right file, I can simply replace it with the stock SH3 file. Any help would be much appreciated.

HW3
05-01-2006, 07:47 AM
You need to change the cameras.dat file.

Moustacheo
05-02-2006, 01:16 AM
Ah great, that's all I needed to know. Thanks for your help!