PDA

View Full Version : *(SPOILERS)* Was Brutus an Assassin? and why don't you like his armor?*(SPOILERS)*

bkb34
12-02-2010, 10:45 AM
First of all, I'm not sure if I missed anything that implies that Brutus is an Assassin or not, but I kind of get that vibe, how about you?
I mean, his armor does resemble other Assassin's armors if you really think about it. (other than the, I'm guessing "wolf" pelt around his shoulders, which I believe the Romulus followers added to it to make the others believe it was Romulus' armor instead. This is implied in the scrolls.) Anyway, the armor without the pelt, IMO, favors an Assassin. The right shoulder has an Eagle, which has been implied, since the beginning of the AC series, to be an Assassin trait. Anyway, that's my thoughts on that...

Second, why do so many people not like the Brutus armor? Other than it being too "bulky" to resemble the stereotypical Assassin look we've come to know? I don't really mind the look of it (yeah it's different than what we're used to, but it's not terrible) plus I feel it fits into Ezio's story/mood/state of mind well also. What I mean by that is that he's been through a lot in his life; Lost his father and brothers at a young age, was exiled from the only home he knew, discovered that all he's grown to believe was not true, etc. etc., then most recently we've learned that his "true love" has died, his plans for a new life were destroyed along with his new home and to top it all off, his mentor/new father figure was killed, as well... That's a heavy load to bare. If you think about it, most story's protagonists that have had these types of things happen to them, somewhat become (for lack of a better word) different... Anyway, that's why I feel the armor somewhat fits for the story... "I've lost everything I've ever known so I'm gonna grow a beard, wear clothes that look like I'm some type of "wildman" and undo all the wrong in my life"...

Whew, sorry about all the text... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif haha, didn't plan on being so long winded, just meant to ask a simple questions and make a simple statement, but... oh well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So, that's my 2 cents... What do y'all think?

SolidSnakeMat
12-02-2010, 10:52 AM
To me I think the armor overall looks so ugly. Yeah its bulky but It looks so stupid to me and I get that its Roman colors and stuff but I really hate how looks overall not just because its bulky or colors. I loved Altair's I thought it looked awesome but people disagreed with me on that so for you if you like it then wear it and don't listen to people. I hate the armor but I love Altair's armor.

LadyGahan2010
12-02-2010, 11:26 AM
It looks very "Roman" to me, I like it. "Wear" it a lot, alternatively with Altair's armor.

Scaryphuka
12-02-2010, 11:42 AM
i havent got the armour yet but ive seen what it looks like and yeah its not very nice, as for the history of brutus it may very well be the case that he was an assassin in theory ofcourse not much information is given.

maybe it will be the next lead-on to a new sequel seems abit odd to put something in a game without full explanation, just seems abit too random

Grandmaster_Z
12-02-2010, 11:44 AM
it looks cool for like a brute warrior, especially when you have the crossbow on your back, but looks wierd for someone who is free running

bkb34
12-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by SolidSnakeMat:
To me I think the armor overall looks so ugly. Yeah its bulky but It looks so stupid to me and I get that its Roman colors and stuff but I really hate how looks overall not just because its bulky or colors.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at about fitting in with Ezio's mood... It is "ugly", no doubt about it, but "ugly" is how most people would end up after going through so much pain, plus "ugly" can be intimidating, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ... If I saw a clean shaven guy with clean and sleek duds walking around, I wouldn't give him a second glance and think he's just another dude (yeah, I know that's what the Assassins strive to do, "blend into the crowd", but it doesn't really fit the story as well, IMO), but if I saw a grizzly bearded man, with a wolf strewn around his shoulders, I might raise an eyebrow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif ... (again, I know that's not the Assassin way, I just feel that better fits the story)

Also, I wasn't trying to get approval/permission to wear it, just seeing what everyone's opinion was about it... haha, just messing with ya http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ... thanks for the comment

P.s. I liked Altair's armor too, heck I've liked all the armor that you even have to purchase and what not to an extent...

bkb34
12-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Scary****a:
i havent got the armour yet but ive seen what it looks like and yeah its not very nice, as for the history of brutus it may very well be the case that he was an assassin in theory ofcourse not much information is given.

maybe it will be the next lead-on to a new sequel seems abit odd to put something in a game without full explanation, just seems abit too random

That's what I'm thinking, as well... It didn't give a very thorough explanation of Brutus' possible ties to the Assassins, but I do feel that enough was implied to hint on him being one... Plus, the eagles on the armor make me think that too, but that's purely speculation on my part...

bkb34
12-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
it looks cool for like a brute warrior, especially when you have the crossbow on your back, but looks wierd for someone who is free running

I agree completely, but I also feel that if the wolf pelt was removed and it didn't look so gnarly that it really wouldn't seem so bulky... Altair's armor was pretty bulky itself (compared to the other armors in AC:2) but it was also more hidden by the actual threads and cape etc....

BloodyMoon1
12-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't only dislike that the armor is so bulky, but also that it looks stupid, not to mention OLD. It looks older then the Armor of Altiar does and that thing was what, 600 years old?

Honestly, I'd rather just use the Desmond skin or the next highest set of armor, the one that has the same hp but I have to spend some of my 600k coins to repair every few hours.

bkb34
12-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by BloodyMoon1:
I don't only dislike that the armor is so bulky, but also that it looks stupid, not to mention OLD. It looks older then the Armor of Altiar does and that thing was what, 600 years old?

Honestly, I'd rather just use the Desmond skin or the next highest set of armor, the one that has the same hp but I have to spend some of my 600k coins to repair every few hours.

Well, it is OLD! Actually, the Armor of Altair would be much newer than Brutus' Armor, by more than 1000 years as a matter of fact... Brutus lived in around about (not positive of date) 45 BC, Altair lived in the late 1100's AD (not sure about that date either), so Brutus, if he actually was an Assassin, was one way before Altair was even thought about. Also, I believe in the Brutus scrolls he says it's his Family's armor so it could even be much older than that being passed down generation to generation...

Anyway, to each his own and I completely understand what you're saying. Brutus' armor is not my favorite either, but I don't despise like so many others seem to.

Orpheus169
12-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by bkb34:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BloodyMoon1:

Well, it is OLD! Actually, the Armor of Altair would be much newer than Brutus' Armor, by more than 1000 years as a matter of fact... Brutus lived in around about (not positive of date) 45 BC, Altair lived in the late 1100's AD (not sure about that date either), so Brutus, if he actually was an Assassin, was one way before Altair was even thought about. Also, I believe in the Brutus scrolls he says it's his Family's armor so it could even be much older than that being passed down generation to generation...

Anyway, to each his own and I completely understand what you're saying. Brutus' armor is not my favorite either, but I don't despise like so many others seem to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I personally like it. It's a trophy that shows dominance over the followers of Romulus... One of the best known assassins to modern man... Et tu Brute'?

Dougout78
12-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I'd like the look better if it didn't resemble a big heavy dress with a furry shawl and ripped hood. But saying that... it is VERY roman. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

JJTHoukes
12-03-2010, 12:33 AM
I especially like how one of the scroll describes how Brutus ripped part of his toga and wore it as a hood. You can see this in the concept art.
In-game, it has the eagle beak shape, whis is kind of a pitty.

KniloX
12-05-2010, 04:40 AM
I hate how it makes it look like Ezios wearing a skirt... A SKIRT? What man wears a skirt?

LightRey
12-05-2010, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Knilo:
I hate how it makes it look like Ezios wearing a skirt... A SKIRT? What man wears a skirt?
*cough* Scottish men *cough*

KniloX
12-05-2010, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knilo:
*cough* Scottish men *cough* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touche' but how about this:

What man as EPIC as Ezio would wear a skirt?!

Better?

LightRey
12-05-2010, 05:05 AM
Hmmm... Altair having had a little too much alcohol playing some weird eeeh... nighttime game with Maria?

UnHeroicHero
12-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Brutus one of the men to assassinate Caesar. The whole Ides of March thing. "Et tu, Brute?"

BK-110
12-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Well, first off it's rather likely that he was an Assassin. He fought for a similar cause and his outfit has both the beaked hood and an eagle as his right shoulder pad.

Second, one of the main reasons why I don't like it is, as you've said, that it's too bulky. That's a very good reason if you ask me. Then there's the colour scheme. Then the fur. I simply don't like the overall design.

bkb34
12-05-2010, 09:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knilo:

Better? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

William Wallace...

bkb34
12-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by UnHeroicHero:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Brutus one of the men to assassinate Caesar. The whole Ides of March thing. "Et tu, Brute?"

Yes, he's the most famous of all the conspirators against Caesar... It's all mentioned in the scrolls, as well.

cgdemon894
12-05-2010, 09:31 PM
yes he was an assassin.

bkb34
12-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by zabrak94:
yes he was an assassin.

I think so too, but other than what's been said and implied, do you have any proof? (I'm not trying to split hairs, just wanna make sure I didn't miss anything)

KniloX
12-05-2010, 11:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Better? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

William Wallace... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What man as EPIC as Ezio and not scottish would wear a skirt?!

X10J
12-06-2010, 12:46 AM
What?

LightRey
12-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by UnHeroicHero:
it's true, though that's not exactly what Ceasar said. I'm not exactly sure what he said in Latin, but it's roughly translated to "You too, (my) son?" (Brutus was adopted by Ceasar).

kriegerdesgottes
12-06-2010, 01:21 AM
....spoilers.....

ok so to add to your question was brutus another ancestor of desmond? I ask because romulus/brutus I think it's the same person talked about "resting his hand" on that thing when he saw that room from the end of the game and the ones before started talking to him, when the game implies later that, that thing can only be activated by someone with desmond's DNA. what do you think?

LightRey
12-06-2010, 01:24 AM
could very well be so. At the very least they would both have to be distantly related I think.

bkb34
12-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
....spoilers.....

ok so to add to your question was brutus another ancestor of desmond? I ask because romulus/brutus I think it's the same person talked about "resting his hand" on that thing when he saw that room from the end of the game and the ones before started talking to him, when the game implies later that, that thing can only be activated by someone with desmond's DNA. what do you think?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Good observation, that's a very good possibility. I had forgotten all about Brutus going into the vault, so thanks for refreshing my memory... I would have to imagine then, that they are related to an extent, but you also have to remember that Brutus came way before even Altair, so Altair would be a descendant of Brutus along with several more in that gap of time.

As far as Brutus and Romulus being the same person, I don't think so. The scrolls in the Romulus tombs were actually Brutus' the whole time, the followers of Romulus just deceived each other into thinking it was Romulus' armor etc. Romulus would've been about 800 to 1000 years before Brutus, so if the game is sticking to a time line consistent with this, then that's really just not possible....

Avl521
12-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Well for those who don't like it, why don't you just wear it and wear Desmond's skin?
I agree the armor is too bulky, and the colors don't look that good.
However in the concept art the armor look awesome.

Bagnato17
12-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Brutus is somewhat of an assassin. He was part of the plot to murder julius caesar and was the one responsible for getting him to the senate where he was murdered.

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Yet, never in the game it is mentioned that he is an assassin or that he belonged, in any shape or form, to any sort of proto-assassins.

LightRey
12-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
Yet, never in the game it is mentioned that he is an assassin or that he belonged, in any shape or form, to any sort of proto-assassins.
And you think that's weird? This is Assassin's Creed, remember? Everything is always vague.

YHHTQ
12-06-2010, 10:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
And you think that's weird? This is Assassin's Creed, remember? Everything is always vague. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't say it's weird nor I would say that such this is not a possibility. What I said is that it's never confirmed in the actual game that he was an assassin, which is different.

xerxesofthe
12-06-2010, 10:30 AM
i get tired of looks very quickly and am always changing skins and i have nothing wrong with brutus armor, in fact i like when the times right!
still prefer altairs armor or his robes but like the change.... the hood looks longer on brutus armor?! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

ShadowRage41
12-06-2010, 11:02 AM
He was an Assassin, obviously he assassinated Julius Caesar, as for being in the order? that is a different matter. It seems like his statue would have been in the Villa at Monteriggioni with the other historical Assassin's.

Concerning the armor... I like it, because it belonged to Romes greatest Assassin. XD The dagger was a nice touch as well.

bkb34
12-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ShadowRage41:
He was an Assassin, obviously he assassinated Julius Caesar, as for being in the order? that is a different matter. It seems like his statue would have been in the Villa at Monteriggioni with the other historical Assassin's.

Concerning the armor... I like it, because it belonged to Romes greatest Assassin. XD The dagger was a nice touch as well.

Haha... Yeah, obviously he was some type of Killer/Assassin, but was he actually part of the Assassin order is what I should have asked to begin with, I guess... I don't think the fact that his statue is not in the Villa really makes a difference, considering how much older he is than all the others (although, I really can't recall who all's statues were down there)...

Edit: Just remembered there were statues of Assassins that were at least as old and maybe some older than Brutus, so GOOD POINT you make...

I really like the dagger too, it's by far my favorite weapon in the game other than stealing and throwing the heavy weapons...

KniloX
12-06-2010, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:

Haha... Yeah, obviously he was some type of Killer/Assassin, but was he actually part of the Assassin order is what I should have asked to begin with, I guess... I don't think the fact that his statue is not in the Villa really makes a difference, considering how much older he is than all the others (although, I really can't recall who all's statues were down there)...

Edit: Just remembered there were statues of Assassins that were at least as old and maybe some older than Brutus, so GOOD POINT you make...

I really like the dagger too, it's by far my favorite weapon in the game other than stealing and throwing the heavy weapons... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you reckon all Assassins were in the santcuary? so there only five? Dont think so

I think the pure fact that his hood has the iconic "pointy part" (technical term) is enough proof.

Well at least for me

LightRey
12-06-2010, 01:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bkb34:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:

I really like the dagger too, it's by far my favorite weapon in the game other than stealing and throwing the heavy weapons... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you reckon all Assassins were in the santcuary? so there only five? Dont think so

I think the pure fact that his hood has the iconic "pointy part" (technical term) is enough proof.

Well at least for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, nobody thinks all assassin's were in the sanctuary, but the statues were of famous assassins and Brutus is kinda responsible for killing THE Julius Caesar, so you'd think he'd belong there.

ShadowRage41
12-06-2010, 01:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bkb34:

No, nobody thinks all assassin's were in the sanctuary, but the statues were of famous assassins and Brutus is kinda responsible for killing THE Julius Caesar, so you'd think he'd belong there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on.. Exactly my point, Julius Caesar being killed was one of the most prolific murders in history. Seems like the man responsible would belong there. In truth I (believe) he was one of "The Historic Assassin's from the order" I just wanted to point out his statue wasn't in the villa. XD I see both sides concerning the armor. You would think an assassin would need something a bit lighter and more streamlined. but it has an awesome roman feel to it. I appreciate it for that. I wonder what the modern day Assassin's attire is? Perhaps normal clothing to blend? I bet it something better than that. XD

LightRey
12-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ShadowRage41:

No, nobody thinks all assassin's were in the sanctuary, but the statues were of famous assassins and Brutus is kinda responsible for killing THE Julius Caesar, so you'd think he'd belong there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on.. Exactly my point, Julius Caesar being killed was one of the most prolific murders in history. Seems like the man responsible would belong there. In truth I (believe) he was one of "The Historic Assassin's from the order" I just wanted to point out his statue wasn't in the villa. XD I see both sides concerning the armor. You would think an assassin would need something a bit lighter and more streamlined. but it has an awesome roman feel to it. I appreciate it for that. I wonder what the modern day Assassin's attire is? Perhaps normal clothing to blend? I bet it something better than that. XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The new attire's probably something similar to Desmond's new hoody.

ShadowRage41
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I am guessing you are probably correct.

bkb34
12-06-2010, 03:41 PM
That's my guess, as well... I don't see it getting too over the top... I wish he'd pull his hood over his head just to see, but I'm guessing they're saving that for some cinematic climax or something; *Desmond, pulls hood over head = $h*t hits the fan for the Templars*

KniloX
12-06-2010, 11:54 PM
That's my guess, as well... I don't see it getting too over the top... I wish he'd pull his hood over his head just to see, but I'm guessing they're saving that for some cinematic climax or something; *Desmond, pulls hood over head = $h*t hits the fan for the Templars*

I just foresee Desmond standing still and saying:

"Like my father, and his father before him, I am an Assassin" Then putting his hood on

EPIC