PDA

View Full Version : son of none

altairego
04-26-2008, 02:00 PM
guys, any ideas on why Ubi named altair "son of none"?
I mean if he didn't have parents... he did not spin himself out of ether -- looks too human (can't swim either -- definitely human, no spirit will want to be imperfect)

altairego
04-26-2008, 02:00 PM
I mean if he didn't have parents... he did not spin himself out of ether -- looks too human (can't swim either -- definitely human, no spirit will want to be imperfect)

caswallawn_2k7
04-26-2008, 02:03 PM
I think it was mcbeth claimed to have no mother because she dies when he was born is it not possible it is the same here.

almagam
04-26-2008, 02:07 PM
why wouldnt altair have parents.i rember his master saying you care here as a child

Crash_Plague
04-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Well, here is the history.

In those times, lineage was very important to people, so they would be named acordingly. When someone had a son, say "demrik" then they would change there name to be "Abu Demrik" meaning father of Demrik.

Same with the sons, they would be named after their fathers, so "Demrik" would be named "Demrik ibn Kayish" meaning Demrik, son of Kayish.

Anywho, to the main point, he was named son of "none" because he came from a mixed background (christian and muslim)so referring him to his father would have either been a "disgrace" or dangerous for him.

But he needed the "ibn" (son of) title, so they just called him "son of none"

But that is crossing into the border of theories and flaming towards me, so I shall stop there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

FableB
04-26-2008, 02:59 PM
@caswallawn_2k7: It was not Macbeth but Macduff who claimed to have not been born of woman because he was cut out from her rather than born naturally.

@Crash_Plague: A father doesn't "change" his name when a son is born for him, but rather people start calling him "Abu ______"...

caswallawn_2k7
04-26-2008, 03:08 PM
it was was still the same story so atlest I was close lol.

FableB
04-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Indeed! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Crash_Plague
04-26-2008, 04:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FableB:

@Crash_Plague: A father doesn't "change" his name when a son is born for him, but rather people start calling him "Abu ______"... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea, that's what I meant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Geinref
04-26-2008, 04:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by altairego:
I mean if he didn't have parents... he did not spin himself out of ether -- looks too human (can't swim either -- definitely human, no spirit will want to be imperfect) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally off subject but I like the reference to what the dark prince said in prince of persia the two thrones. lol. I don't know if u were going for that or not but when i read your post that was the first thing that came to my mind.

But back to the subject i agree with what Crash_Plague said. I remember reading something about altair coming from a mixed background. Awesome game btw.

drego5
04-26-2008, 05:00 PM
"No man of woman born" shall harm Macbeth. Macduff was "untimely ripped"

Puck seems to have a point. I always just chalked it up to him being an orphan, but he's correct about the mixed parentage. I forgot about that.

altairego
04-27-2008, 04:59 AM
Totally off subject but I like the reference to what the dark prince said in prince of persia the two thrones. lol. I don't know if u were going for that or not but when i read your post that was the first thing that came to my mind.

my friend, i played that game into the ground.
so he's mixed... interesting... i wonder if that's why he is so arrogant at the beginning to Malik.

altairego
04-27-2008, 05:01 AM
where is it mentioned that he's mixed? i missed that part. i know the guide says it but...