PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Length

deltorro
11-12-2004, 02:32 AM
Is there a way to change the length of a campaign once it's started. I need some time off and right now I'm flying 3 sorties a day....makes for slow moving, and I'm not looking forward to restarting it.

ELEM
11-12-2004, 03:06 AM
Yes, you can. See below.

TonyEH
11-12-2004, 07:12 AM
Sure. Look at the text below, its from the midway.db file in DGen.

[Schedule]
20604 30 3
20605 0 3
20606 0 3
20607 0 3

The last digit is ops flown on a given day, in other words the first set of numbers means that on the 4 June 1942 you will fly 3 sorties. Change the 3 to 1 and you will fly 1 sortie.

Tony

Atomic_Marten
11-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Also good advice would be to *always* make a backup of your campaign (just copy/paste your "Users" and "Missions" folders from the main game folder to the safe place http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif), before you make some changes to it. Once your game is $crewed, I don't think that you will be able to recover it. I know that I can't. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
11-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Maddox Games don't account for non-contact missions. All missions are assumed to be contact missions because apparently Oleg doesn't see the need to model contact missions by simply skipping a number of missions based on the probability of non-contact throughout the war. This results in super-long campaigns which are a real marathon to play, and which are virtually impossible to survive. It's not a very satisfactory way of reproducing the reality of WW2 air combat, but many players seem to like the fact that you can never survive long enough to complete a campaign. I've never understood it, but there it is.

TonyEH
11-12-2004, 09:39 AM
You can alter the ops file to make a mission enemy free. For instance in the OpsNewGuinea.dat file the first line is this

UsArmyMin 10622:50814:A USN2Y IJN 3F

If you change the IJN 3F number to IJN 0F, no Japanese aircraft will be encountered. This works fine in FB, in fact most of my ops file I altered to make the majority of missions enemy free, to simlate the fact the a lot of missions were flown without intercept. I don't know how this will work in PF though as I have not played it for very long.

Tony

Pr0metheus 1962
11-12-2004, 09:43 AM
That works for single missions (although I don't see much point in actually flying a non-combat mission), but what about a campaign game? In IL-2 FB we had to have a 3rd party add-on to change the mission frequency so that it was more realistic (i.e. less contact missions) and more playable (faster campaign). But removing enemies from a mission doesn't seem to be a very playable way to approximate non-contact missions. Far better just to skip them if possible.