PDA

View Full Version : will new patch include movement of the head in 6 axes of space

raaaid
12-03-2004, 05:38 AM
it would be cool and they will need it if they want to support the new trackir 6d

can you imagine all the 190 drivers improving forward visibility 100% just by getting closer to the gunsight?

raaaid
12-03-2004, 05:38 AM
it would be cool and they will need it if they want to support the new trackir 6d

can you imagine all the 190 drivers improving forward visibility 100% just by getting closer to the gunsight?

kozhe
12-03-2004, 05:50 AM
If they are working with 6 axis spaces i guess Maddox have hired Stephen Hawking as programer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

csThor
12-03-2004, 06:52 AM
No. That would require a redesign of all 3D cockpits and I don't think Maddox Games will do that work. If you use it anyway you will see missing parts ...

VW-IceFire
12-03-2004, 07:05 AM
We were told that having that level of movement wasn't possible in the current engine. Or not desireable because the cockpits were never built with such a feature in mind.

I think they planned this to work in BoB. And I would guess that TIR3 is catering to that future expansion (i.e. set the standards now).

Doctor_Feelgood
12-03-2004, 07:55 AM
I fly LOMAC too and I won't be upgrading from a TrackIR 2Pro till there are some games that will support this. This is a killer feature though!!

Chris_Zakrewsky
12-03-2004, 09:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by raaaid:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it will be possible to support 6 axes MOVEMENT with current cockpit design, but it would be good enough if TrackIR software could detect the sidewise head *movement* and DISTINGUISH it from head *rotation* (and just ignore the former). It would be extremely useful.

Cheers,
/Chris Z.

F19_Orheim
12-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Hmm maybe it would be possible if the allowed movements sideways or up/downwards weren't that big. Just a few decimeters to each side would suffice to get a great feel

Willey
12-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Yeah, one would be limited to some decimeters anyway to keep it realistic. We just need some "borders" not to stick the head though the glass or something like that. For 10cm up, the cockpits should be allright.

Mjollnir111675
12-03-2004, 08:28 PM
H3ll if not just fer zoom in/out function I'd be cool!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Slammin_
12-03-2004, 08:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris_Zakrewsky:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by raaaid:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it will be possible to support 6 axes MOVEMENT with current cockpit design, but it would be good enough if TrackIR software could detect the sidewise head *movement* and DISTINGUISH it from head *rotation* (and just ignore the former). It would be extremely useful.

Cheers,
/Chris Z. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course we are all guessing, but what you just said is what I think we will get here. I base this on what I hear about the fact that you can be less 'stiff' with this new kit, yet enjoy these new features where applicable.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this new 'cheat'!

Also glad I opted for TrackIR 3Pro as well.

TAGERT.
12-03-2004, 08:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
We were told that having that level of movement wasn't possible in the current engine. Or not desireable because the cockpits were never built with such a feature in mind. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Dont think it is the engine limits.. But they did say the current cockpits dont support it.. By support I mean there may be some art that is not there, thus wont show up. So, if you lean left you may see something funny.. like x-ray eyes that can see through stuff.. But.. we actually allready have that problem with some of the cockpit art.. Turn your head in the P38 after one hit to the wing and you can see inside the wing.. stuff like that would just happen alot more if the 6 Degrees of Fredom (not six axes) was enabled in the current PF engine.

triggerhappyfin
12-04-2004, 04:20 AM
Nice to hear!

No unnessecery advantages to only some ppl in online gaming http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif