PDA

View Full Version : Information about Japanese medal/award in campaign needed.

Kuna15
12-26-2005, 05:24 PM
I am flying IJA campaign currently and I have achieved rank of Sho-sa and recieved my 7th medal/award "Nambu Holster" (campaign started from first date available at lowest rank possible, all other campaign settings on default).

Now it is year 1945 and I have amassed more than 35000 pts in campaign with over 100 missions flown and around 130 enemy aircraft destroyed.

But I didn't received 8th award/medal -- "Samurai Katana" (ultimate IJA/IJN medal/award in game)... so my question is; what is needed to do in order to receive that award?
(Certain number of missions, kills, points...?)

Kuna15
12-26-2005, 05:24 PM
I am flying IJA campaign currently and I have achieved rank of Sho-sa and recieved my 7th medal/award "Nambu Holster" (campaign started from first date available at lowest rank possible, all other campaign settings on default).

Now it is year 1945 and I have amassed more than 35000 pts in campaign with over 100 missions flown and around 130 enemy aircraft destroyed.

But I didn't received 8th award/medal -- "Samurai Katana" (ultimate IJA/IJN medal/award in game)... so my question is; what is needed to do in order to receive that award?
(Certain number of missions, kills, points...?)

|CoB|_Spectre
12-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Insofar as the game's campaign awards go, I don't know, but in reality Japan had no system for awards for their pilots (other than posthumous). It is bewildering that pilots such as Saburo Sakai received no recognition for their accomplishments.

Kuna15
12-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks Spectre.
I have read written congratulations to Japanese pilot Y Shimokawa (16 kills claimed)... he showed great courage and have even been wounded (lost one eye in combat with Hellcats when his Frank exploded in mid-air as a result of Lt. Tillman E. Poole's accurate burst).

No medal/awards just personal citation from Maj. Gen. A Horiuchi.

To get back to game issue; I think I should have received the highest ranked IJA award by now (playing IJA career), I wonder if anyone has received it ever?

LEBillfish
12-27-2005, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by |CoB|_Spectre:
Insofar as the game's campaign awards go, I don't know, but in reality Japan had no system for awards for their pilots (other than posthumous). It is bewildering that pilots such as Saburo Sakai received no recognition for their accomplishments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's both true and not........True in the regard (as far as I know) that only upon your death would you be recognized (with a bump in rank).......Yet untrue in the regard that within their units and I'm assume even amongst the general population they would take on an almost celeberity status.....My "guess" would be the respect shown to them would be great.

Unfortunately, and I'm not even speaking of Kamikazies......Few lasted a year let alone to see the end of the war.