PDA

View Full Version : Idea for BOB

CornbreadPattie
02-19-2006, 02:09 AM
1C Games,

Have you ever played Operation Flashpoint? If you have then you would know that the menu screen has a lot of action going on it it. It has objects from the game doing their off-time duty. People are maintaining the vehicles, convoys go ahead, and the such.

For Battle of Britain I had a similar idea. But instead of showing unrelated things, I think the menues should be fully 3D with objects at an airfield. Maybe when you start it you could see pilots on laying on the wings of their Spitfire, or a group of flyers in lawn chairs waiting tirelessly for the next air drill. Or maybe the setting could change each time you start it, for example, one day when you start BOB the setting will be in the maintainence hangar, and the next day it will be in the briefing room, and the next day it would be in the pub or officers club.

Or it could be a day-of-the-week type thing. On real-life Saturdays the menu is in the pub, on Monday it's is in the grass on an airfield complete with planes doing routine flights. On Fridays you could be in the barracks, and so on.

Also, it should be career specific: if you are playing a German career, the campaign screen should be at behind German lines with people minding their own business and speaking in German and telling jokes. You could program a hundred jokes or so just for this, so the game could have many 'random' people just like real life.

Another great setting would be onboard an aircraft carrier, below deck, in the briefing room with ID models handing from the ceiling, or in the hangar or pilot bunks.

Thanks for reading, I think this would all add a lot of emmersion and really give the player an idea what they are fighting for when they take to the sky the next time.

CornbreadPattie
02-19-2006, 02:09 AM
1C Games,

Have you ever played Operation Flashpoint? If you have then you would know that the menu screen has a lot of action going on it it. It has objects from the game doing their off-time duty. People are maintaining the vehicles, convoys go ahead, and the such.

For Battle of Britain I had a similar idea. But instead of showing unrelated things, I think the menues should be fully 3D with objects at an airfield. Maybe when you start it you could see pilots on laying on the wings of their Spitfire, or a group of flyers in lawn chairs waiting tirelessly for the next air drill. Or maybe the setting could change each time you start it, for example, one day when you start BOB the setting will be in the maintainence hangar, and the next day it will be in the briefing room, and the next day it would be in the pub or officers club.

Or it could be a day-of-the-week type thing. On real-life Saturdays the menu is in the pub, on Monday it's is in the grass on an airfield complete with planes doing routine flights. On Fridays you could be in the barracks, and so on.

Also, it should be career specific: if you are playing a German career, the campaign screen should be at behind German lines with people minding their own business and speaking in German and telling jokes. You could program a hundred jokes or so just for this, so the game could have many 'random' people just like real life.

Another great setting would be onboard an aircraft carrier, below deck, in the briefing room with ID models handing from the ceiling, or in the hangar or pilot bunks.

Thanks for reading, I think this would all add a lot of emmersion and really give the player an idea what they are fighting for when they take to the sky the next time.

Stafroty
02-19-2006, 03:16 AM
dont make it!!

knightflyte
02-19-2006, 01:31 PM
I've never played operation flashpoint, so I can't say whether, implimenting a menu system like that, would be percieved as copying.

I do like the idea of doing something creative like you suggest.

Is Oleg's BoB going to be released on DVD.......or two?

JG7_Rall
02-19-2006, 01:53 PM
i like it. sound pretty fun to watch