PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Has A Beard !!

Medo3G
08-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Tough in the animus thing trailer Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4x1H8x9YSM) Desmond Looked normal.
However,in the new gameplay trailer it looks as if he has a beard Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZtgOQL5A3g&feature=channel_video_title) at 1:52.
Share your thoughts XD

RzaRecta357
08-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Either he grows it whilst in a coma.

Or more than likely, they just got lazy and didn`t remove Altairs beard they have drawn into the game at one point in the way they didn`t add Ezios full bracer and just slapped a hidden blade onto his right arm.

Half assed lazyness on the trailers part most likely.

Turkiye96
08-19-2011, 09:02 AM
yea... i mean i dont have the ability to shave while im in a coma... and i dont think that the guys who put im in there are gona want to shave his... its pretty weird

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 09:31 AM
That picture has been up on the forums for a while now. That said, it's no big thing. After so many months without a razor,... guess what? Or maybe he had one, but wanted to related more to Ezio and Altair because he lived so much of their lives.

Medo3G
08-19-2011, 10:29 AM
The problem is that he looked better in the trapped in animus trailer XD

LightRey
08-19-2011, 10:42 AM
ZOMG he has a beard! We must inform the elders at once!

Srsly though, we should just wait and see how it'll end up looking. It might actually look better than in the trailer.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 11:27 AM
He looked WORSE int he animus trailer. Now he has a redone facial strucutre, better skin, nmore detailed hair, AND facial hair. The character models for this game are looking stunning!

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by medo3g:

I don't particularly think so.

Medo3G
08-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by medo3g:

I don't particularly think so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe I judged too soon,and am I the only one who thinks altair's robe looks weird in the trailer too ?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LightRey
08-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by medo3g:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by medo3g:

I don't particularly think so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe I judged too soon,and am I the only one who thinks altair's robe looks weird in the trailer too ?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A little, but that might just be me having to get used to the new engine and the fact that they might have to add some more detail to it.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Face it, the characters are developing. No one here has any control over it.

NewBlade200
08-19-2011, 08:04 PM
If you wanted an explanation other than laziness we could assume that inside the animus his avatar is that of his last memory of himself before the coma, but outside he is in fact growing a beard.

You have to wonder how he's going to cope with the bleeding effect once he gets out of the animus for god knows how long (crossing my fingers for Des waking up in the future, and meeting bearded Shaun (because everyone needs one) on a hoverboard).

LightRey
08-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
If you wanted an explanation other than laziness we could assume that inside the animus his avatar is that of his last memory of himself before the coma, but outside he is in fact growing a beard.

You have to wonder how he's going to cope with the bleeding effect once he gets out of the animus for god knows how long (crossing my fingers for Des waking up in the future, and meeting bearded Shaun (because everyone needs one) on a hoverboard).
xD *imagines Shaun with a beard*

It might be that he's resolving the entire problem of the bleeding effect inside the animus. His condition is caused by it after all.

ProdiGurl
08-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
yea... i mean i dont have the ability to shave while im in a coma... and i dont think that the guys who put im in there are gona want to shave his... its pretty weird

LOL

The real truth is that Desmond needs a beard - it looks much better. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 08:41 PM

To elaborate further on this point with something I noticed in AC2, I thought it was funny how they pulled him out every third sequence or so in AC1 but how he went five whole sequences in AC2 before he came out for the first time.

NewBlade200
08-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:

To elaborate further on this point with something I noticed in AC2, I thought it was funny how they pulled him out every third sequence or so in AC1 but how he went five whole sequences in AC2 before he came out for the first time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In AC1 Lucy was trying to stall Vidic and in AC2 they were trying to achieve the bleeding effect, so they would go for longer sessions.

GunnarGunderson
08-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Or more than likely, they just got lazy and didn`t remove Altairs beard they have drawn into the game at one point in the way they didn`t add Ezios full bracer and just slapped a hidden blade onto his right arm.

Half assed lazyness on the trailers part most likely. it seems likely when you notice that Ezio isn't wearing vambraces in the one part

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Half assed lazyness on the trailers part most likely. it seems likely when you notice that Ezio isn't wearing vambraces in the one part </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The only problems is that that's not true, becasue Ezio's beard looks entirely different from Desmond's, and Desmond even has a totally different facial structure: they didn't re-use the assets this time. Just like in AC2, Desmond's face has been updated. And now, animus ancestors have their own ones.

They made a mistake where there were no bracers, and the one scene where Altair had all fingers. That's IT.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 09:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:

To elaborate further on this point with something I noticed in AC2, I thought it was funny how they pulled him out every third sequence or so in AC1 but how he went five whole sequences in AC2 before he came out for the first time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In AC1 Lucy was trying to stall Vidic and in AC2 they were trying to achieve the bleeding effect, so they would go for longer sessions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, this is where I got a little confused I think. I thought the bleeding effect was more of an all or nothing sort of thing... and if you had any of it at all, it was bad. That the skill set he was trying to gain was a result of him living Ezio's memories, not of the bleeding effect....

Animuses
08-19-2011, 09:33 PM
No, the bleeding effect was how Desmond gained Ezio's skills.
Desmond: You saw me out there, I'm no good at this.
Lucy: Not with the Animus, not with the Bleeding Effect.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
No, the bleeding effect was how Desmond gained Ezio's skills.
Desmond: You saw me out there, I'm no good at this.
Lucy: Not with the Animus, not with the Bleeding Effect.

Got you.

masterfenix2009
08-19-2011, 10:10 PM

You have to wonder how he's going to cope with the bleeding effect once he gets out of the animus for god knows how long (crossing my fingers for Des waking up in the future, and meeting bearded Shaun (because everyone needs one) on a hoverboard). Everyone? *Imagines Rebecca with a beard*

Azugo
08-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Heheh, I thought I was the only one to notice!

Here's something for those people that just can't pause the video at the right moment:

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac101/Pockololp/DesmondBearded-2.jpg