PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of Assassin's Creed from AC1 demo to ACR



Sarari
10-19-2011, 06:59 PM
AC1 demo (http://www.unseen64.net/2008/05/25/assassins-creed-x360ps3-beta/)
ACR demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmYaouXj7i0)
If you compare these 2, obviously you'll see a huge difference, and I have to say I am above and beyond impressed and thankful that Ubisoft made improvements and fixed the bugs.

I just felt like posting for the people who believe that the series is heading in the wrong direction. Kinda how I felt a few months back. But I guarantee after you guys watch those 2 videos you'll me might grateful for what's to come http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 07:14 PM
lol..

I wish we could of kept that dynamic breaking system in. I do think that ACR has it though, according to the latest trailer where Ezio breaks a scaffold without throwing a guard into it.

EDIT:

http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/gallery/assassin-creed/assassincreebeta01234.jpg

http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/gallery/assassin-creed/assassincreedbeta01a_0.jpg

I wonder what AC would of been like if it had this UI.

MXiMike
10-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Holy crap. I remember watching that AC1 demo 4 years ago and how amazing it looked to me back then!

dxsxhxcx
10-19-2011, 07:41 PM
@Sarari you didn't post the ACR demo, there's just the link for the AC1 demo...

Agentbarto
10-19-2011, 07:57 PM
AC1 was the reason I wanted a PS3 before it came out. And why I wanted to be old enough to meet the age restrictions to buy it. Now I just wanna be younger so I can have time to play the newer games haha.

Sarari
10-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Sorry for the wrong link. Anyways, I think a lot of the things they had in the demo had potential if they worked on it.

That health bar looks strange and some of the controls have different affects. Kinda like when Altair was pushing people around lol. That was pretty funny. And how easy it was to kill that guy.

The worst part was when he assassinated that guy, the camera angle shots were horrible and corny LMAO!!

Sarari
10-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Btw, I know this is late, but will Altair have a crossbow in ACR?

Cpt_Yanni
10-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Btw, I know this is late, but will Altair have a crossbow in ACR?

Yes, He will. You'll have to purchase it by a merchant (Blacksmith), like in Brotherhood.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 06:04 AM
So does that mean he can buy his own weapons? Because it makes no sense when he has the best dagger and his very own sword.

What about armor?

AlphaAltair
10-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I see the difference, it's impossible to die in combat now .

hrhtom
10-21-2011, 07:20 AM
i guess altaýr will have his single hidden blade , his shortblade and of course the sword of altaýr i can't see him buying anything as his missions will be very short 20-30 mins each

Grandmaster_Z
10-21-2011, 08:03 AM
i remember when i first saw the X06 demo, i couldnt believe my eyes, how awesome it was....then the game came out and it was amazing but the stupid sci-fi crap i didnt like..

LightRey
10-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
i remember when i first saw the X06 demo, i couldnt believe my eyes, how awesome it was....then the game came out and it was amazing but the stupid sci-fi crap i didnt like..
Do you even like the series?

Grandmaster_Z
10-21-2011, 08:22 AM
only the historical parts...and gameplay. story is just getting out of hand for me...but i have bought each game day 1...even the psp game...so i would say yes i am a fan. have followed the game since 06...or whenever it was first revealed.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Language Please</span>

LightRey
10-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
only the historical parts...and gameplay. story is just getting out of hand for me...but i have bought each game day 1...even the psp game...so i would say yes i am a fan. have followed the game since 06...or whenever it was first revealed.
Wow. I can't believe someone could both hate and love a series so much at the same time. I'm actually impressed. Well at least I think we all agree that the historical parts are awesome.

woowu
10-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
Yeah, I see the difference, it's impossible to die in combat now .

This man holds the truth. Evolution is a big word since every game from AC1 suffered from the same technical bugs and glitches. In fact, I feel that AC1 is a bit more stable than AC2/B but it does show much more screen tearing.

Also the first made the best use of stealth.
I'm not implying AC1 is the best game of the series but it did look the best and had an awesome atmosphere (but sadly it was kinda repetitive).

Now Amancio said in an interview (I forgot which one, maybe the one in Istambul) that ACR will be the most challenging AC game yet but I seriously doubt everything the Ubi PR says. I still am guided by the phrase "seeing is believing" and if that's not the case, Ubisoft are a bunch of *******s.

SixKeys
10-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by woowu:
Now Amancio said in an interview (I forgot which one, maybe the one in Istambul) that ACR will be the most challenging AC game yet but I seriously doubt everything the Ubi PR says. I still am guided by the phrase "seeing is believing" and if that's not the case, Ubisoft are a bunch of *******s.

They said that about Brotherhood too. In interviews and trailers the devs kept repeating how Cesare was Ezio's "deadliest foe yet" (or something like that) and he turned out to be pretty much just a whiny brat. They said the improved enemy AI would make for more challenging fights, but Ezio's kill streaks made sure you rarely saw any of the "more offensive" approach of his enemies.

I have some hopes for the elite Templar guards in Revelations as some early previews have said they were actually challenging to beat, even for AC franchise veterans. But then, the Papal Guards in Brotherhood could easily be taken down with a kick, so we'll see how tough these ones will really be.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Alex NEVER said that ACR is going to be the hardest AC game. he said that it's going to have the most complicated story.

And also, Cesare was Ezio's deadliest foe, barring the difficulty of the battle. He had the money and the power. That's why Ezio spent most of the game tearing down Cesare's resources and influence while raising up the Assassins.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by woowu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
Yeah, I see the difference, it's impossible to die in combat now .

This man holds the truth. Evolution is a big word since every game from AC1 suffered from the same technical bugs and glitches. In fact, I feel that AC1 is a bit more stable than AC2/B but it does show much more screen tearing.

Also the first made the best use of stealth.
I'm not implying AC1 is the best game of the series but it did look the best and had an awesome atmosphere (but sadly it was kinda repetitive).

Now Amancio said in an interview (I forgot which one, maybe the one in Istambul) that ACR will be the most challenging AC game yet but I seriously doubt everything the Ubi PR says. I still am guided by the phrase "seeing is believing" and if that's not the case, Ubisoft are a bunch of *******s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
^This

I'm not convinced that the guards are harder. They said that about AC2, ACB and they were easier each time. That really needs to change in Revelations, because I can only imagine how easy AC3 will be in ACR is easier than ACB......confusing huh lol.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 03:15 PM
No Sarari, no dev said that ACR was going to be the hardest AC game. And Escoblades (he played the game) said that the game is harder than Brotherhood if you only use the mechanics that were in Brotherhood. And Kotaku also said that the game is harder.

Not to mention the guards are supposed to be able to use bombs, but we haven't actually seen that in action yet, beyond scripted events.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
No Sarari, no dev said that ACR was going to be the hardest AC game. And Escoblades (he played the game) said that the game is harder than Brotherhood if you only use the mechanics that were in Brotherhood. And Kotaku also said that the game is harder.

Not to mention the guards are supposed to be able to use bombs, but we haven't actually seen that in action yet, beyond scripted events.
I remember hearing someone in an interview say that the game is meant to be harder. Sadly I don't remember which interview because they've had countless ones.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 03:23 PM
And it IS harder according to EscoBlades and Kotaku.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
And it IS harder according to EscoBlades and Kotaku.
Just outta curiosity, did they start playing AC from brotherhood or before it?

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Err..

they are both review sites..

so since AC1...

..

did you really just ask that?

Sarari
10-21-2011, 03:32 PM
LOL yes I did. Because a person who's played from the very beginning of the series would know the difficulty level of fighting guards in each game.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Yea.

AC1= Easy
AC2= Easier
ACB= Easier
ACR= Easy

LightRey
10-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
LOL yes I did. Because a person who's played from the very beginning of the series would know the difficulty level of fighting guards in each game.
Yes, but they're review sites. Of course they did. That should've been abundantly clear to you from the start.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Yea.

AC1= Easy
AC2= Easier
ACB= Easier
ACR= Easy
I hope you're right about ACR difficulty level http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

r4inm4n1991
10-21-2011, 04:14 PM
AC1 - I liked where all the different guards were, and liked the Templar ones too.
I miss pickpocketing that mans with knives T_T
AC2 - The difficulty really depends in which city you are and which cape you use.
ACB - didnt like that there were only 4 papal guards in Rome while you free-roam..
And there were no Brutes to face you in the big city -.-
ACR - I expect to fight a lot of janisseries http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sarari
10-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
AC1 - I liked where all the different guards were, and liked the Templar ones too.
I miss pickpocketing that mans with knives T_T
AC2 - The difficulty really depends in which city you are and which cape you use.
ACB - didnt like that there were only 4 papal guards in Rome while you free-roam..
And there were no Brutes to face you in the big city -.-
ACR - I expect to fight a lot of janisseries http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
^This

I liked how in AC1 there were like 4-5 different big guards (the harder ones).

I can find like 10 different pictures of 10 different looking templar guards haha. It was awesome.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 04:32 PM
There were actually only 5 guard types total in AC1.

Arhcers, Regular Guards, Guard Sergeants, Guard Captains, and Templar Knights.

For AC2 there was: Militia (Regular), Elite (Sergeants), Leaders (Captains), Seekers, Agiles, Brutes, and Archers.

ACB: Militia, Captains (Leaders), Seekers, Agiles, Brutes, Crossbowmen, Arquebusiers, Horsemen, Papal Guards, and Cento Occhi Bandits.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Wow. Why do I have the feeling that Crusader knights were more tough?

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Because they are white and red and remind you of the Templars.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Because they are white and red and remind you of the Templars.
Could that really be it? LOL. I think it's the way they're dressed. Not necessarily the colors. Also, they looked more buff and taller. I'm talking about the second level guard and up.

Btw, I have an off topic question. Should I post a new thread for multiple answers or just ask here?

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Depends on the answers you want?

Sarari
10-21-2011, 04:54 PM
I need reasoning answers.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 04:59 PM
..about what?

I mean, what is your question?

Sarari
10-21-2011, 05:07 PM
How come AC2 and on there were no facial expressions when we fight. Ezio has a straight face the whole time even when he's constantly being hit with a sword. Even when he's hit he makes no grunting noise. He just jumps back.

In AC1, when you get hit Altair clenched his jaw and grunting in pain. When he killed people he made numerous faces.

Why has it changed?

ShaneO7K
10-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
How come AC2 and on there were no facial expressions when we fight. Ezio has a straight face the whole time even when he's constantly being hit with a sword. Even when he's hit he makes no grunting noise. He just jumps back.

In AC1, when you get hit Altair clenched his jaw and grunting in pain. When he killed people he made numerous faces.

Why has it changed?

Was a thread about that a few months back, think it was the engine change.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Yea, there was an engine change. Remember, AC1 started development in 2004. AC2 started in 2007 and released in 2009.

There is also the missing sound of weapons knocking together in AC2 + B. But then again, in AC1 when you are a novice with no weapons at all, you still have that sound :P

dxsxhxcx
10-21-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't think this has something to do with an engine change, if you're going to change the engine, I believe you'll do it for something better than the one you were already using and I doubt a better engine than the previous one wouldn't support such thing, I believe it has something to do with them having no time to finish this kind of detail and focusing more in what really matters for the game, unless of course someone from Ubisoft came here and confirmed the reason was the engine change.. :P

LightRey
10-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
How come AC2 and on there were no facial expressions when we fight. Ezio has a straight face the whole time even when he's constantly being hit with a sword. Even when he's hit he makes no grunting noise. He just jumps back.

In AC1, when you get hit Altair clenched his jaw and grunting in pain. When he killed people he made numerous faces.

Why has it changed?

Was a thread about that a few months back, think it was the engine change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, they downgraded the graphics to avoid the troubles it brought in AC1.

Animuses
10-21-2011, 06:20 PM
The AC demo was great, I wish it kept in that scaffolding move.

The ACR E3 demo was crap, I never liked it.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 06:40 PM
and now you can destroy the scaffolding with the hook blade I think.

And the ACR E3 demo was my favorite demo, I still prefer it over the ACR gamescom demo.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 07:36 PM
I mean, why would Ubisoft not take the time to perfect the game. I mean, the facial expressions when fighting doesn't take long at all. (I'm kinda guessing on that).

But anyway, there are a thousand things Ubisoft can change and perfect to make the game more fluent. But what they focus on is making more violent moves which is cool but I would prefer a game that's more polished, rather than a game that's worsened in some ways with some extra fighting moves.

I'll make a list of the very few things they should improve:
1. Make moves more fluent.
2. Make them more realistic. I saw a move where Ezio picked a guy up from the ground with his hook blade and then stabbing him to the ground. I'm pretty sure he's dead once you pick him up with the blade.
3. Focus the game less on Ezio's story life and more on the story. Kinda like AC1, but not exactly like it. Keep his story involved but not so much to the point where people forget the games purpose.

Also, I thought the gamescom demo was better than the other one, but I still didn't like it much.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Just a quick question, are the buildings in Masyaf gonna look different from AC1 when you play Altair sequences?

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 08:34 PM
so..

you don't like ACR? That's a shame D:

Also the animations ARE fluent. Ezio is making sure that they are dead. You'd be surprised what the body can sustain. And UbiSoft is focusing on Ezio's story in ACR because Desmond has to relive all of his memories to pull his mind together.

Also, unless you work in the game developing business you shouldn't really talk about how long it takes to do certain things.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Just a quick question, are the buildings in Masyaf gonna look different from AC1 when you play Altair sequences?

yes, Masyaf is an abandoned fortress that was sacked by the mongols. It'll look more destroyed.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Just a quick question, are the buildings in Masyaf gonna look different from AC1 when you play Altair sequences?

yes, Masyaf is an abandoned fortress that was sacked by the mongols. It'll look more destroyed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What I meant to say was, when you play as Altair in ACR, does Masyaf look the same as it does in AC1?

jmk1999
10-21-2011, 08:37 PM
jexx, please edit your posts in the future. double posting is usually frowned upon and looked at much the same as bumping or spamming... both of which are also frowned upon.. thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 08:38 PM
err.. if you mean EXACTLY the same?

No. They have to recreate the fortress and town for the new engine.

If your wondering if they will look similar, it will.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
err.. if you mean EXACTLY the same?

No. They have to recreate the fortress and town for the new engine.

If your wondering if they will look similar, it will.
Wow....what is with them and changing engines? Can't you add some improvements to engines every once in a while??

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Uhh..That's what they are doing with the Ezio trilogy.

They NEVER recreated Masyaf with the AC2-ACR engine.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Uhh..That's what they are doing with the Ezio trilogy.

They NEVER recreated Masyaf with the AC2-ACR engine.
Why didn't they just improve the very first engine they used for AC1?

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 08:53 PM
because it was too advanced for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Tried to use detailed textures for cloth and having them move dynamically. Put too much strain on the system, resulting in low FPS and screen-tearing.

They fixed it in the AC2 engine and found ways to make the graphics better for ACB and now ACR.

roostersrule2
10-21-2011, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jexx21:
because it was too advanced for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Tried to use detailed textures for cloth and having them move dynamically. Put too much strain on the system, resulting in low FPS and screen-tearing.

They fixed it in the AC2 engine and found ways to make the graphics better for ACB and now ACR./QUOTE] Dosn't matter now because ACR has the best graphics I've ever seen on console.Just looking at that escoblades Constantinople on makes my mouth water.

Sarari
10-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Can you explain what screen tearing is? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Hold on a sec.. This might be the best console graphics. :P

The Witcher 2 (Xbox 360 testing screen):
http://images7.gry-online.pl/Galeria/Galeria_duze3/137954859.jpg

ofcourse, it's not actually out on consoles yet, and that might just be the game on PC using a 360 controller.. But I doubt it since it looks a lot worse when compared to the PC shots.


PC shot:
http://images7.gry-online.pl/Galeria/Galeria_duze3/143729187.jpg

Sarari
10-21-2011, 09:22 PM
What does this have to do with screen tearing?

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 09:28 PM
It wasn't in reply to you.

Screen Tearing (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=screen+tearing)

Sarari
10-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
It wasn't in reply to you.

Screen Tearing (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=screen+tearing)
Well I could of done that and gotten a very technical answer -.- or just asked you and given me a very simple one.

But now that I know what it is, I don't recall seeing any in AC1.

roostersrule2
10-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Hold on a sec.. This might be the best console graphics. :P

The Witcher 2 (Xbox 360 testing screen):
http://images7.gry-online.pl/Galeria/Galeria_duze3/137954859.jpg

ofcourse, it's not actually out on consoles yet, and that might just be the game on PC using a 360 controller.. But I doubt it since it looks a lot worse when compared to the PC shots.


PC shot:
http://images7.gry-online.pl/Galeria/Galeria_duze3/143729187.jpg IDK there close but this is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuIqOZP1A-4

Sarari
10-21-2011, 09:33 PM
For a game that was made in 2009, it already had better graphics than ACR.

Jexx21
10-21-2011, 09:34 PM
which game?

Because The Witcher 2 released this year..

Sarari
10-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Are you serious? I watched a video review of it that was uploaded in 2009.

roostersrule2
10-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Are you serious? I watched a video review of it that was uploaded in 2009. Maybe it was the first witcher?

Sarari
10-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Probably I guess.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 03:23 AM
I don't see how that has better graphics than ACB on the Xbox 360. If anything, I'd say ACB had the better graphics.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 07:33 AM
I don't think so personally.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I don't think so personally.
Tbh I think the only thing that looks better on there is the fire. Everything else just seems like what they often do in JRPG's where they make beautiful textures that in the end look extremely fake because they're just plastered on the objects. It's not so bad with this game, but any detail you're seeing here seems to be reserved for static objects. I mean, just look at the guy's hair.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 08:27 AM
I guess that's true. It has more of an AC1 texture pack to it. It might look better from a distance but when you get up close everything looks a bit blurry.

Chronomancy
10-22-2011, 08:33 AM
It's amazing to see how much technology and the gaming industry has evolved over the past decade.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Not even a decade. They evolved so much in just the past 4 years in practically all games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I don't think so personally.
Tbh I think the only thing that looks better on there is the fire. Everything else just seems like what they often do in JRPG's where they make beautiful textures that in the end look extremely fake because they're just plastered on the objects. It's not so bad with this game, but any detail you're seeing here seems to be reserved for static objects. I mean, just look at the guy's hair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, these pictures are from a while before the game actually came out. And the first picture was what it would look like on the consoles.

I haven't played the game myself personally, so I can't really speak that well on the level of graphics.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I don't think so personally.
Tbh I think the only thing that looks better on there is the fire. Everything else just seems like what they often do in JRPG's where they make beautiful textures that in the end look extremely fake because they're just plastered on the objects. It's not so bad with this game, but any detail you're seeing here seems to be reserved for static objects. I mean, just look at the guy's hair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, these pictures are from a while before the game actually came out. And the first picture was what it would look like on the consoles.

I haven't played the game myself personally, so I can't really speak that well on the level of graphics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well it still looks good of course.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 10:49 AM
haha. Ok I think we should stick on topic.

Do you guys think that we'll be able to travel through the kingdom like in AC1?

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Hmm..

I don't think so.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Damn. Not even the mountains or anything like that?? Because that also added a lot to AC1 and 2.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
haha. Ok I think we should stick on topic.

Do you guys think that we'll be able to travel through the kingdom like in AC1?
I certainly hope not. The kingdom was boring as [insert witty negative comment here].

Sarari
10-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
haha. Ok I think we should stick on topic.

Do you guys think that we'll be able to travel through the kingdom like in AC1?
I certainly hope not. The kingdom was boring as [insert witty negative comment here]. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you frickin serious???!! OMG man I loved the kingdom........well while I was looking for those flags and templars, I hated it cause it frustrated me. But after that it was amazing. Searching for the flags and templars showed me so many secret, or hidden paths in there. It was amazingly huge and that's why I love it.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
haha. Ok I think we should stick on topic.

Do you guys think that we'll be able to travel through the kingdom like in AC1?
I certainly hope not. The kingdom was boring as [insert witty negative comment here]. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you frickin serious???!! OMG man I loved the kingdom........well while I was looking for those flags and templars, I hated it cause it frustrated me. But after that it was amazing. Searching for the flags and templars showed me so many secret, or hidden paths in there. It was amazingly huge and that's why I love it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It wasn't really that big in total surface area and really there was nothing to do. Very little freerunning and absolutely no accessible memories other than going to Arsuf, which really isn't an important part of that memory to begin with. All I ever used it for after getting all the flags and such was slaughtering huge numbers of guards.

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 11:13 AM
ubisoft have said you pass through masyaf and acre so i guess you have to travel through the kingdom

unless its some old school mega fast travel

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Uhh.. You don't go to Acre in ACR. that happens before ACR begins, presuming that ACR begins in Masyaf.

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 11:26 AM
ubisoft have confirmed you can freely travel between masyaf and acre

and you start in rome ezio finds a missing codex page saying something about a libray under masyaf

and then hikes to masyaf

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Where did they confirm this?

LightRey
10-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Where did they confirm this?
I'd like to know to. I never heard about any of this. Only that Ezio passed through Acre before going to Masyaf, but never that that's actually in the game.

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 12:32 PM
its was mentioned in a early preview

and it is mentioned on the AC wiki

and i am sure it has been mentioned on here in the past

ubisoft have also updated AC1 for the ps3 so acre could be a lot better than it was in 2007

Sarari
10-22-2011, 12:52 PM
I saw in an interview that was uploaded a week ago and the person said that Ezio starts in action in Masyaf when you start Revelations.

Also, when you mean improve Acre from 2007, do you mean how it looks for Ezio? Or do you mean how it looks for Altair, if we go back and play as him?

naran6142
10-22-2011, 12:58 PM
ya i heard that to

i think it was darby who said that we start at masayaf

Sarari
10-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Are we gonna be able to travel to Acre as Altair through the missions and/or free-roam?

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 01:10 PM
im talking alta´r

and i doubt open box pop disc in oh masyaf

there must be some if only a little build up

Sarari
10-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by hrhtom:
im talking alta´r

and i doubt open box pop disc in oh masyaf

there must be some if only a little build up
I didn't understand what you just said.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by hrhtom:
im talking alta´r

and i doubt open box pop disc in oh masyaf

there must be some if only a little build up
I don't believe there's been any mention of Alta´r going to Acre during any of his sequences, so again I would like a source.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Uh.. the version of AC1 that's included with the PS3 version of ACR is the same as in 2007. They didn't update the game at all.

And I think that our gameplay will start in Masyaf, but that there will be a cut-scene with Ezio before we do.

So it'll go Desmond cut-scene, Ezio cut-scene, E3 Trailer memory, and then Black Room for Desmond.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 02:00 PM
I hope we play a lot of Desmond sequences along with a lot of Ezio sequences. I want this game to take me at least 1 weak to beat.

Also, the island Desmond's on reminds me of the ocean in Acre in AC1. Go to that really tall cathedral in AC1 and you'll have a great view of it.

Quick question: How do I get my own profile pic? and sig pic?

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 02:07 PM
5 Desmond sequences, about 20 minutes each. So around 1 hour and 40 minutes of Desmond time.

This is a guesstimate based off what we were told btw.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
5 Desmond sequences, about 20 minutes each. So around 1 hour and 40 minutes of Desmond time.

This is a guesstimate based off what we were told btw.
If it's only that long then I'm gonna take my time with every single mission. I'm not gonna make the same mistake I did with Brotherhood.

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 02:11 PM
you know.. if you feel so bugged out about not taking your time with Brotherhood, you can just replay it.

Unless you sold it back to whatever store you bought it from. Which reminds me, BestBuy gives you more money than GameStop, but you can only get their best buy gift cards.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
you know.. if you feel so bugged out about not taking your time with Brotherhood, you can just replay it.

Unless you sold it back to whatever store you bought it from. Which reminds me, BestBuy gives you more money than GameStop, but you can only get their best buy gift cards.
LOL I did replay it but the first always gives the final thought of something, you know what I mean. It still didn't change anything for me.

Serrachio
10-22-2011, 02:20 PM
I have to admit, the experience of playing through an Assassin's Creed game can never be recreated after the first playthrough.

It's probably because that the story is so compelling when you play it the first time, and a sudden twist comes along, but once you play through it again, you know what will happen and it won't be a surprise.

Sarari
10-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
I have to admit, the experience of playing through an Assassin's Creed game can never be recreated after the first playthrough.

It's probably because that the story is so compelling when you play it the first time, and a sudden twist comes along, but once you play through it again, you know what will happen and it won't be a surprise.
^Exactly. When I beat AC1, I understood the story, but I felt like I didn't know enough about the people and their back story so I went be to replay it. But once I pressed the new game selection, I was like "WHAT HAVE I DONE!!! NOOOO!!!" Then I ran to turn off the xbox.....but it was to late. The new game had already started. LMAO. But now I'm fine cause I know more about the story :P

Sarari
10-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Btw, nobody has answered my question. How do I get my own profile picture and sig?