PDA

View Full Version : DVD Issues

gnorke
10-18-2004, 02:12 PM
I have the same problem as most. "Please insert etc". I contacted Ubi/support. Did everything they suggested. Same problem. My system as follows.
Dell Dimension 4100
Pentium III, 1 Ghz
384 Meg memory
Nvidea Geforce 5600 FX,256 Meg ram, latest update.
Samsung SD-616E, Firmware F-501 (new)
CD-Rom r/rw with DirectCD software
Ran configuration program, all checks, no "?".

maztec
10-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Wel that describes two problems.

You're getting please insert disc while trying to install? or while trying to start the game?

gnorke
10-19-2004, 08:37 AM
Maztec, I am sorry I am new at this and I put my reply in another topic header of DVD Issues. My mistake. See new DVD Issue topic.

maztec
10-19-2004, 11:53 AM
No problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks

SGardner
10-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi MAZTEC

PROBLEM
MYST IV wont start and informs there is a problem.

"CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and re-start te game"

DVD SPECIFICATION
I have a PIONERR-DVR-A07XLA/B DRIVE Firmware (NEW) version 1.20 (October 2004). I have NO emulation or other writing software installed.

REQUEST
Please contact me with a workaround to this as the game is defective.

FYI - NO mention of any DVD-RW issue is found on the packaging in Australia (I bought it today and have since checked this) and no staff reported any concerns regarding this product.

COMMENT
There are NO CD/DVD emulators of any kind on my machine.

Thanks
Scott

maztec
10-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Hi Scott -- My understanding is a patch should be coming out really soon. If it doesn't come out on schedule I'll send you info on how to get around it. If it is on schedule, I'd ask you install it and let me know if it takes care of the issue you are experiencing.

Maz

SGardner
10-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Thanks Maztec. Appreciate the patch is coming soon.

Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maztec:
Hi Scott -- My understanding is a patch should be coming out really soon. If it doesn't come out on schedule I'll send you info on how to get around it. If it is on schedule, I'd ask you install it and let me know if it takes care of the issue you are experiencing.

Maz <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maztec
10-25-2004, 05:04 PM
And just incase you wish to complain about my editting his post. Or get the crazy idea of starting a new thread in order to complain about such things.

Don't.

If you have a complaint about my actions either send me a private message (click my name and go in that direction) or contact Khatie or Ron (you'll find their posts in the Announcement section of this forum).

Thanks.

Maztec