PDA

View Full Version : Timed assasinations, Does anyone like these missions?

BlackSunshine66
11-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Does anyone like the timed assasination missions that the informers give out? I don't find them fun at all. In fact I've quit playing the game alltogether because of them.

Eziosantos
11-02-2010, 12:08 AM
I personally like them.To me it helps me plan out assassinations and what guards to kill while under pressure.It gives me a good adrenaline rush.

Sparty2020
11-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Not fun at all, especially when I have to assassinate 5 people across the map without any alerts in less than 5 minutes. And if you remember AC1 you would remember that guards get alerted over EVERYTHING!

john63
11-02-2010, 01:19 AM
I like them. They keep me on my toes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PhiIs1618033
11-02-2010, 01:46 AM
I usually complete them in half the time to make it a challenge. Seriously, it's not that hard. You just have to run (NOT SPRINT) to your target, use Eagle Vision to ensure there are no guards in a range of 5 meters, stealth assassinate, sprint away for a moment, go back to running and continue. If you can make a loop, that's great, do that, but most of the times you won't, so you have to start with the target that's the furthest away, to avoid upsetting guards where you will come later. That's all there is to is. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

When guards go after you:
You bump into them or commit a crime if they're uninformed (yellow). Stealth kills are stealthy, so they don't count.
If guards are informed (red), sprinting, climbing buildings and commmiting crimes will alert them. Oh, and make sure you don't walk next to them while not blending. Stealth kills can be done, but you have to make sure that there's a good distance between them and the target. You can recognize informed guards as the ones with their swords out. Also, don't run up a ladder when there are informed guards around, but walk.

And yes, I love these missions. I used to hate them because I didn't think of applying order (the most important aspect) so I could freely run.

DeafAtheist
11-02-2010, 11:40 AM
The only problem I had with them in AC1 was if you failed and engaged in combat with guards causing a desynchronization forcing you to restart the mission the dead guards were still in the same spots where you dropped then from the last attempt and they instantly caused you to be put on high alert causing another failure instantly. You had to leave the district and come back to to fully reset it with no dead guards. So if you failed and went into high alert the best thing to do was to run and hide instead of standing and fighting because of those dead guards giving you away on the next attempts.

lilbacchant
11-02-2010, 04:32 PM
All the Informer missions in AC-1 feel contrived and are immersion-breakers for me. (The contract assassinations were a big step in the right direction in AC-2, imo.)

Solution: Ignore the informers and enjoy the rest of the game (fortunately, they're not required).

AnthonyA85
11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
I never really did the timed assassination missions in AC1, and in AC 2, i did find it quite annoying.

AubreyWilborn
11-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Timed assasonations are awesome. I hope ACB has more of them. Especially as people are complaining that the series is "too easy".

devildog789
11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
I personally liked the timed missions, but to me, it seems that all your targets were near the "sick" people, that always seemed to shove me into a guard.

PhiIs1618033
11-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
The only problem I had with them in AC1 was if you failed and engaged in combat with guards causing a desynchronization forcing you to restart the mission the dead guards were still in the same spots where you dropped then from the last attempt and they instantly caused you to be put on high alert causing another failure instantly. You had to leave the district and come back to to fully reset it with no dead guards. So if you failed and went into high alert the best thing to do was to run and hide instead of standing and fighting because of those dead guards giving you away on the next attempts.
That's what makes them difficult and as such, awesome. You can also go to a rooftop and kill them there, making sure that none fall off. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BlackSunshine66
11-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by lilbacchant:
All the Informer missions in AC-1 feel contrived and are immersion-breakers for me. (The contract assassinations were a big step in the right direction in AC-2, imo.)

Solution: Ignore the informers and enjoy the rest of the game (fortunately, they're not required).

How do I skip it? Just keep going up to viewpoints until I find additional missions?

obliviondoll
11-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by thekage123:
How do I skip it? Just keep going up to viewpoints until I find additional missions?
It's possible to finish the whole of the first game without needing a single informer mission (flag collection, timed assassinations, etc.) - just keep looking for other missions.

In short, yes. Find more missions, there will be others you can do.

PhiIs1618033
11-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by thekage123:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilbacchant:

How do I skip it? Just keep going up to viewpoints until I find additional missions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You only need 3 missions to start an assassination. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif