PDA

View Full Version : a new advice about the setup of icon

Glen44
03-21-2005, 09:17 PM
I know the "gunsight view" which simulates human eye's changing focus function.Is that mean :in real world ,at first ,a pilot has searched a object in air ,then he usually put his eye focus on it in order to look clearer?

I know the icon's shortcoming,icons usually make things "false"----some "text" fly in air,and "long text",the color of text ,can make people finding object easier.Don't misunderstand me , I know real pilots can see "very far" ,but sometimes ,in real world ,if real pilot can not find a bandit,of couse,he will not focus his eyes on it,but in game,as long as a bandit is close enough,the icon will appear,that means pilots have very strong ability of searching ,he will focus those objects without "omitter"! For instance,sometimes I look into a certain direction using "apple of my eyes" ,find nothing,meanwhile,my "eyewhite" find a text flying in air !the text is so obvious that i can not miss it.But in real world ,I will probably miss the object........... Is this reasonable?

Can we use icons ONLY in "gunsight view"?I mean ,in mormal view and widview,there is no icon at all.The icon will only appear in "gunsightview" which means :the pilot has found sth.and "will focus his eyes on it to find what type the a/c is ".Is it feasible?

Glen44
03-22-2005, 01:23 AM
btw, we need "newview" integrated in il2,and we need 1280*1024 1600*1200 reselution in setup.exe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and maybe teamspeak should be integrated in il2 also.

billy885
03-24-2005, 01:49 PM
We have trackIR, not enough ah? Why you want 1260*1024 aspect ratio all wrong. I have 1600*1200 on my system. Maybe your monitor and/or video card are not setup properly.

Not a bad idea on the gunsight view but I never use it.

Stiglr
03-24-2005, 02:12 PM
This is no solution, because it is too difficult to use "gunsight view" to scan the skies around you (due to its disorienting field of view). It's seeing the dot off one wing and to the side that icons help with.

When you need gunsight view, to shoot precisely at an enemy, likely you don't need icons because you can clearly see the planeshape.