PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer?!?

AkiraChaus
03-17-2011, 09:55 PM
hi gys , i would like to know if is just gona be day 28 do start multi in pc mode... is kindy of strange , thear is on the web site ways to play but after says is just for ps3 and xbox lol ...
thx since than.. =p

shop27C171CB8
03-18-2011, 02:32 AM
I can already play on multiplayer with PC version. Not sure what your actually talking about anyway.

izomaxer
03-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:
I can already play on multiplayer with PC version. Not sure what your actually talking about anyway.
Then your the only one since no1 can play multiplayer...

Rennesans
03-18-2011, 03:22 AM
im play 2 time multiplayer on PC
but now i cant connect to session, i see only "1/6 or 2/6" when lookin for players...

adstar82
03-18-2011, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Rennesans:
im play 2 time multiplayer on PC
but now i cant connect to session, i see only "1/6 or 2/6" when lookin for players...

Yeah same problem here, nobody seems to join.

autarkie
03-18-2011, 03:51 AM
I have seen 4/6 once, after couple hours of searching. Never played though.

The game is released just today, and lots of kids are still at school. But still, no 6 people in the whole world to play with? That's gotta be wrong. I thought it is my router, added all kinds of ports, but no change.

Annjul555
03-18-2011, 03:54 AM
this is ridiculous. For 3 hours of waiting to join sessions I played twice, in the third time I got disconnected. WTH i am unable to play it because of those damn searching which take forever!
I dont believe that there is no people in Europe playing it.

adstar82
03-18-2011, 04:05 AM
Yeah I've reached 5/6 but someone leaves and then the rest leaves, havn't played a single match yet, I'm hoping to play sometime soon.

Mr_Shade
03-18-2011, 04:42 AM
It may be due to the game only just being released, and the lack of players.

It will not start the game until it's full - so if there are not enough players at present, that could be the problem.

However if your concerned - please do contact Ubisoft Support.

adstar82
03-18-2011, 04:51 AM
So where hasn't the game been released in yet?

Rennesans
03-18-2011, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
It may be due to the game only just being released, and the lack of players.

It will not start the game until it's full - so if there are not enough players at present, that could be the problem.

However if your concerned - please do contact Ubisoft Support.

you have a separation of servers on the regions
???

Mr_Shade
03-18-2011, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by adstar82:
So where hasn't the game been released in yet? In the UK - it's only just hit retail stores today.. so that may explain why some people have long waits - it may not.

And it's not released in America - until next week..

Like I said, it may be down to low numbers of players - that was just a guess http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I would expect the servers to fill up later in the day when people finish work /school etc though - so if your still having issues later today, please make sure to report it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Victoroos
03-18-2011, 05:55 AM
But, when I see 4/6 players, there are no problems with my conenction, right??? Just not enough players??
Cuse eveyrtime i see "attempting to join session"and nothing happens
Almost never

Mr_Shade
03-18-2011, 06:04 AM
It should be fine - if you can see the players - however.

Like I said the game has only just released yesterday / today - so there may well be issues outside of your control stopping it from working.

One of them being lack of players - or it could be another issue.

I think it's best people contact support and see if they can trace the issue.

Victoroos
03-18-2011, 06:18 AM
hu
I just got a message wih "disconnected from teh host", si that there fault, or myn?
But, I can see the message: attemtp to join session, so that means there are enough players, but there ahs to be soemthing wrong here?? right???

Mr_Shade
03-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by victorjr:
hu
I just got a message wih "disconnected from teh host", si that there fault, or myn?
But, I can see the message: attemtp to join session, so that means there are enough players, but there ahs to be soemthing wrong here?? right??? host - their end someone might have disconnected...

joining session can appear as you join a game, or are waiting for players.

so it can be a few things.

support = might be able to explain better.

RobinH0od
03-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I played a total of three multiplayer games now. Also spent about three hours waiting.

Would be easier if u can invite people to a game. But my friends list is still empty.

Join my clan: Robin Hood

or add me to steam: geert1981
or skype: geertfromholland

Windrius
03-18-2011, 07:56 AM
I played many matches. Played all day yesterday and today in the morning. I'm level 9 now. I'd prolly be like level 20 by now if PunkBuster wouldn't keep freezing my PC in the middle of a match. Now I tried a few ways to get that solved, but I can't test because it's always 1/6 or 2/6!!!!!
I think something is wrong with the servers since I am not the only one getting this!

MaXoN_FeRuS
03-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Does not work multiplayer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5Jv4K6h_bI http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif help...

Want to play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Victoroos
03-18-2011, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by victorjr:
hu
But, I can see the message: attemtp to join session, so that means there are enough players, but there ahs to be soemthing wrong here?? right??? host - their end someone might have disconnected...

joining session can appear as you join a game, or are waiting for players.

so it can be a few things.

support = might be able to explain better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thansk for your aptience
but tiw orks liek a charm, eys, you ahve to wait a long time, but it's epic ;D

Annjul555
03-18-2011, 10:58 AM
yeah it takes forever. Lets just exchange invitations and create a game when friends are online, it would not search so long...

feel free to add me, the same nick.

Victoroos
03-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Annjul555:
yeah it takes forever. Lets just exchange invitations and create a game when friends are online, it would not search so long...

Would ove to, but I can't connect with friends, always unreachebale

Windrius
03-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by victorjr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annjul555:

Would ove to, but I can't connect with friends, always unreachebale </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, same here. Always unreachable.
Also, will you read before you post? Damn if I was writing at the speed of light I would make less mistakes than you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif *no offence*

rain89c
03-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Windrius:
I played many matches. Played all day yesterday and today in the morning. I'm level 9 now. I'd prolly be like level 20 by now if PunkBuster wouldn't keep freezing my PC in the middle of a match. Now I tried a few ways to get that solved, but I can't test because it's always 1/6 or 2/6!!!!!
I think something is wrong with the servers since I am not the only one getting this!
How many people would you say the online MP has currently?
How long does it take for you to get into one game?
If there's only like 100 people, I'll pass on buying this game.

safta.razvan
03-19-2011, 06:30 AM
Hi, i posted this on another similar thread so it shouldn't do any harm to posted here also.

I'm reading the posts on this forum and some of the people are complainning about matchmaking, pnkbuster and random disconnections.

I had some similar issues and i found out that the problem rested in the way ports are opened/forwarded.
In the game's read-me all the users can find a port that needs to be either opened or included in the router's FW list.
Also, like most PC Multiplayer games, issues like slow to no matchmaking are the source of several connections through badly configurated routers.
In my case the problem was that i couldn't find any sessions in COD4, talked to support and they asked me if it was possible to have one connectio that was independent of any routers...and it worked. The same problem appeared for me when i tried ACB - so i just made some modifications to my connection and now it works fine.
Let me know if it worked out for you.

Tifa123
03-19-2011, 06:32 AM
I can play Multiplayer to, but takes way to long time to find a game :S Been taking 3 hours, and found nothing :S

safta.razvan
03-19-2011, 06:52 AM
how is your network set-up? are you passing through routers?

Pariah80
03-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Tifa123:
I can play Multiplayer to, but takes way to long time to find a game :S Been taking 3 hours, and found nothing :S

Same here, i fought in the first days it will be difficult to join because of large amount of players, not because players can't find themself autojumping through maps unable to gather required 6 players http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
I sat ALL night waiting to enter game (reading book) and have 18 minut of play on counter. Thats sad and really annoying...
Regards

ToeJamathon
03-19-2011, 12:39 PM
This simply cannot be a lack of players - that's absolute tosh.

Thousands of people will have bought this game and when I do a search for any available games it can't even find five other people to play with me?!

Bulls**t.

Mr_Shade
03-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Quick update for those still having issues.
please make sure you have read the readme file located in the install location on your PC.

it asks that you allow port 1000 through your router /firewall - this has corrected the issue for some people.

if your router is already allowing port 1000 through, I can only suggest you contact support and they can look into it further.

DevotedDex
03-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Quick update for those still having issues.
please make sure you have read the readme file located in the install location on your PC.

it asks that you allow port 1000 through your router /firewall - this has corrected the issue for some people.

if your router is already allowing port 1000 through, I can only suggest you contact support and they can look into it further.
Is it possible that some routers/ISP won't allow you to open ports yourself that you need to call them? Damn sunday!

Mr_Shade
03-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by DevotedDex:

Is it possible that some routers/ISP won't allow you to open ports yourself that you need to call them? Damn sunday! Most pre-installed routers allow you access to the basic settings - which should allow you to add in access for ports etc.

How you access the settings depends on the router and the ISP - some alter the password etc to stop people from 'breaking' it - if you alter the wrong setting - you can stop the connection from working - so some ISP's lock the router down a lot.

Most if not all though, will tell you how to access it if needed and some will guide you through the port process if asked.

silentperujer
03-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Yes that I was going to ask you how to change that port to 1000 because im very new at this type ot thing and dont know what to do (I'd appreciate help cuz i really want to play this game )

ToeJamathon
03-19-2011, 01:24 PM
UDP or TCP for port 1000?

ToeJamathon
03-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Okay so it seems that port 1000 is already open on my router, but still no joy with multiplayer... Hmm..

silentperujer
03-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Ok just someone tell me how to open port 1000 on my router to see if this can help solving my loading time problem.

RobinH0od
03-19-2011, 03:39 PM
i forwarded port 1000 on my router page. But when i test it with PFP Port Checker it says its still closed.

Wallbang-Bingo
03-20-2011, 05:39 AM
I just opened _ALL_ ports from 1 to 65535, disabled firewalls on both the router and my PC. PFPortChecker reports that 1000 is open, but I still have problems with multiplayer. There is something weird going on when I go from 4/6 in the queue to "Expanding search criteria" to 1/6. It's as if Ubisoft is booting me out of the queue.
Also a lot of my friends, who i normally have no trouble playing with in other games, become "Unreachable"...

Windrius
03-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by scrahn:
I just opened _ALL_ ports from 1 to 65535, disabled firewalls on both the router and my PC. PFPortChecker reports that 1000 is open, but I still have problems with multiplayer. There is something weird going on when I go from 4/6 in the queue to "Expanding search criteria" to 1/6. It's as if Ubisoft is booting me out of the queue.
Also a lot of my friends, who i normally have no trouble playing with in other games, become "Unreachable"...

Yea, same problem here.
But the funny thing is, I don't even use a router, net cable directly connected to my PC. So I think the problem is from ubisofts side, not some router.

HiPlsDie
03-20-2011, 05:52 AM
In the german forums there is that problem also and it seems like the router is the reason. I have it too. It is ridiculous. i was able to play once but i waited 1 freakin hour till i got in. I forwarded the port and even disabled the firewall so everything gets through there but it doesnt work. So far no one has a clear solution. The strange thing is that even i only played once the list of recent players is full with a ton of guys.

Victoroos
03-20-2011, 06:03 AM
what i don't get is that I'm already level 17. I played already. Adn now, I can't play anymore, always that 5/6 --> return to my own session

Nboaram1
03-20-2011, 06:11 AM
Yeh I've got up to 5/6 and I can't get any further. I;ve added a few of you but add me aswell.

My name is kadorkincreed

Wallbang-Bingo
03-20-2011, 06:20 AM
I've added a few people today, and I can make a player match lobby with them and hit "launch". All is well until they start getting moved into other games and I am left in queue at 1/6. The matchmaker is just really weird, and needs to be looked at.
Also quite a few people are turning up as "unreachable" for me when i invite them to my game/they invite me to theirs. :/

Working overtime during weekends on rare occasions won't kill ya, ubi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

RobinH0od
03-20-2011, 01:03 PM
could it be a safety matter by the internet provider? They have a firewall at their side too. My provider won't let me change that. Thats why im thinking about switching.